Winning the League or Europa League?

Interesting choice and has got me thinking. I would go for the Europa League for the prestige, ability to attract future players and a pathway straight into next years Champions League group stages.

This would have a financial boost of about £35m on top of the additional income from the Europa League win including UEFA win bonuses and attendance for all the home matches.

Against this would be that lot winning a hugely tainted 9 in a row that would count for nothing and our additional income would allow us to surge ahead of them for good.

Europa League. Like it or not Europe is where reputations are forged.

I’d be supremely confident of winning the league the following year if we had to choose in a hypothetical situation.

League has to be our priority.
Our euro campaign this year has come as a pleasant surprise and I've really enjoyed the matches.
I'm a bag of nerves for every league match though.

I'm guessing most probably answered without thinking about it.

Just close your eyes and imagine Rangers winning a European trophy. I wasn't fortunate enough to experience it in 72.

Not even taking the pride aspect into it, it could stabilize us for a generation. How much do you get for winning the spfl? 600k?

What players would a Europa League winning, Stevie g managed, champs league qualifying team attract? 2020/21 season would be wrapped up by Halloween stopping their tainted ten

The league title every day of the week for me.
Being top dogs in our own back yard,added to the total meltdown by the vermin would be glorious to the point of pure ecstasy.
Going as far as we can in Europe is an added bonus.
Wouldn't mind winning both though :))

Is that a genuine question?

We've won the domestic title 54 times. We've won a European competition once.

If this was a normal time with us doing well domestically, I'd want us to focus on Europe. But of course 55 is all that matters right now.

The league especially this season.

Although I’m probably in a minority when I say I would have swapped our nine in a row for one UEFA Cup.

Got to be the league for the 55th time, also winning the league gets us into the Champions League champions route.

Europa for me, the amount of cash we could generate from it and the prestige of being a team who played in the first qualifying round and go on to win it could be priceless. We'd probably gain a lot of new neutral fans which could bring in commercial opportunities, not to mention this generation getting to see a Rangers team lift a European trophy after Marseille's cheating and the game nobody remembers much about in the Zenit final

and with that cash, we could stop them before their "10 in a row" which is really only 5 to normal people :D

Back