With the vaccine now being made available

Surely once all vulnerable and elderly are vaccinated the rest of us can get back to normal and get the vaccine as more becomes available

Majority of us won’t be affected by it still spreading anyway so I’ll be pissed off if we can’t get full normality until we’re all jagged up
I dont think normality as we knew it wont return till 2022.
Lets hope the vaccine really works, theres little side effects incase its withdrawn and the roll procedure is not a shambles.
Thats a lot to ask in the UK in 2020.

5k was just a throwaway number. Nippy should start allowing small crowds into the stadiums early next year all going well given we are normally a few weeks behind England with everything that we do. There is a lot of pressure from the Scottish FA to start allowing crowds back in soon as well.

I know for a fact though that mass roll out of the vaccine isn't planned to happen until the 2nd half of next year so that means no full Ibrox for 55 if it happens this season.

George Square will need to do for the title party.
By mass roll out do you mean under 50s ? I thought phase 1 of over 50s was supposed to be done by spring?

By mass roll out do you mean under 50s ? I thought phase 1 of over 50s was supposed to be done by spring?

I'm involved through my employment in the distribution of the vaccine. We work closely with the government and the expectation is mass distribution in the 2nd half of next year. If mass distribution was happening by Spring, my employer would know about it and we don't see the orders for that time frame.

That might change, but we don't see that as it stands.

Politicians really should be careful with their words because a lot of people think things are going to be back to normal by Spring. I even had mates on my WhatsApp chat thinking everyone would be vaccinated by the end of January. They are wanting to book a boys Golf Holiday for the Spring etc :D

Depends if the Oxford vaccine gets approval , we will have more of that and its easier to store etc.
I'm hopeful there will be fans in to see the league won, depends on how contraire Sturgeon wants to be. If there are crowds in down here , she will probably say no.

People do need to be realistic yes, there are still 6 months of the season left for example, why on earth would it take until next season to then allow fans in? There are already fans returning in some parts of country.

The entire country as you put it will not be vaccinated either, millions will refuse, the kids and all under 16s won’t be offered it either, when the elderly and those at risk are vaccinated which will happen soon, the strain on the NHS will also ease considerably which again will allow for the loosening of restrictions. Other vaccines will come into to play too which will speed things up.

Of course there won’t be a full Ibrox this season, but I would be willing to bet there will be a few thousand allowed to return.
Yeah I think there will be fans in, never said there wouldn't to be fair, just said there wouldn't be full houses. Full houses basically mean no social distancing and the R number wont be low enough to allow that to happen this season, IMO.

Yeah the more people that are vaccinated the strain in NHS will fall as you say. Things will get back to normal but it's going to be slow and gradual.

Depends if the Oxford vaccine gets approval , we will have more of that and its easier to store etc.
I'm hopeful there will be fans in to see the league won, depends on how contraire Sturgeon wants to be. If there are crowds in down here , she will probably say no.
I believe all the projections of vaccination cover include the assumption of the oxford vaccine being approved.

I'm involved through my employment in the distribution of the vaccine. We work closely with the government and the expectation is mass distribution in the 2nd half of next year. If mass distribution was happening by Spring, my employer would know about it and we don't see the orders for that time frame.

That might change, but we don't see that as it stands.

Politicians really should be careful with their words because a lot of people think things are going to be back to normal by Spring. I even had mates on my WhatsApp chat thinking everyone would be vaccinated by the end of January. They are wanting to book a boys Golf Holiday for the Spring etc :D
Cheers so spring timeframe is just over 80s, care homes etc ?

Will we see fans back - yes limited or reduced numbers, full stadium capacity may will be still a while to happen

We will still have some restrictions on daily life well into 2021

Some people feed on negativity.
Politicians love these people.

If the most vulnerable receive the vaccine in the next few months then there should be no restrictions at all.

People need to get out of their head that we can only go back to normal when this virus is eradicated.

We just need to live with it, like humans have been doing with viruses since the beginning of time.

It also depends on how many different vaccines are approved. The more the merrier.

I'm still hopeful we will be back to normal by Easter.

I'm writing the chance off of getting in to a game this season.
Hopefully i'm wrong and we at least see the title party.

Partial crowds back for the first old firm game. Wee blip in the road for a while, then back for a full Ibrox for the last old firm game. :D

I'm writing the chance off of getting in to a game this season.
Hopefully i'm wrong and we at least see the title party.
It would be safer to allow everyone into the ground for the party than have tens of thousands of unidentifiable people outside the ground.

The Astra Zeneca / Oxford vaccine is the one we need approved

UK has 100m vaccines and this vaccine doesn’t have the same storage or transportation issues as the Pfizer one so this AZ one will help the rollout get done much quicker

Can’t see full house at Ibrox this season

As long as we win the league I don’t care how we do it

We all party wherever we can and hopefully we keep safe and we’ll until then

I can't see full house at Ibrox or anywhere in UK this season.

Yes its good a vaccine is now available, however it will be a good few months before majority of the population is vaccinated. When full capacity is allowed back in, i got a hunch you may need a vaccination certificate to be allowed entry.

The notion of any sort of return to normality soon is pie in the sky I think.

I don't think we'll be seeing full houses at the Euros next summer, let alone during this domestic season.

I'm really not going to get too excited till we're talking about full houses again. If there's only 1, 3 or 5,000 in a stadium...great, it's a start, but it hardly counts as getting excited about.

If the news reports from today play out and every adult is offered a vaccine by the spring/early summer then there is no reason that we wouldn’t see a full Ibrox by the Euro qualifiers in July. Limited numbers are possible in the final weeks of this season but in my head I have written this season off for getting to games.
Flag day at Ibrox in August will be a full house. :)

Some crowds allowed in England now depending on tier and capacity

can’t see anyone being back until the vaccination is completed

the issue is not just the game but the travelling to get there

Living down south my journey includes 2 flights, bus journeys and a hotel stay so not worth the risk

You’re asking the wrong people mate because you’re asking a crowd with whom many told us that professional football wouldn’t return at alluntil 2021 back in March, and yet here we are well into a new season.
Full of doom mongers it seems on here. Surely to fúck if all the elderly and vulnerable are vaccinated along with a steady flow of others the numbers of infections and especially hospitilasitions will plummet we should be able to get back to normal.

Some crowds allowed in England now depending on tier and capacity

can’t see anyone being back until the vaccination is completed

the issue is not just the game but the travelling to get there

Living down south my journey includes 2 flights, bus journeys and a hotel stay so not worth the risk
So never then?

Full of doom mongers it seems on here. Surely to fúck if all the elderly and vulnerable are vaccinated along with a steady flow of others the numbers of infections and especially hospitilasitions will plummet we should be able to get back to normal.
Be prepared to be disappointed. This will be dragged out for months until everyone is “ safe “:rolleyes: and vaccinated.

Going to take a long time to get this to everyone, two doses required so 133million doses for the UK alone.

Think it's only fair nippy puts us in a high priority category seeing as fans we behave and deserve this party

What will move the situation along in my opinion are Conservative back benchers. Fifty five [I love that number] of them voted against their own government this week on the tier system whilst the virus is still prevalent. Fast forward to say the end of February and vaccinations numbers are increasing daily plus infections decreasing, that number of dissenters will climb through the roof, and the government will bow to internal pressure. That of course covers only England, but it will apply at least some pressure to Sturgeon who has an election to win in May.

Can't see a full house this season the government will err on the side of caution they'll see getting football crowds back in as the least of their worries .

Bad news folks. I bumped into Matt Hancock in Sainsbury's this morning, and he's awarded me the contract to oversee the rollout. I have no experience of this sort of thing and am generally lazy and incompetent.

All the young and healthy won’t even be offered the vaccine for several months. When they do get called the doses are administered three weeks apart and then there is a waiting period of 7-14 days for full protection.

In amongst this there will be those who opt not to take the vaccine. So all in all it will be a long time before stats are available which might show covid is on the wane.

I think it is optimistic to expect a full house before some time next season. Possibly a full year off yet.

All the young and healthy won’t even be offered the vaccine for several months. When they do get called the doses are administered three weeks apart and then there is a waiting period of 7-14 days for full protection.

In amongst this there will be those who opt not to take the vaccine. So all in all it will be a long time before stats are available which might show covid is on the wane.

I think it is optimistic to expect a full house before some time next season. Possibly a full year off yet.
Stats wont be available?. I take it you haven't seen said stats being updated/available every single day for the last 9 months.

On radio saying will be 18 months before things start to normalise. Could be a pile of shite but thats what was said.

Stats wont be available?. I take it you haven't seen said stats being updated/available every single day for the last 9 months.
I take it you don't know much about statistics then. I think you need to re-read what I said.

We went into lockdown four weeks ago and came back out this week. They are still trying to evaluate the effect that has had. Updating daily is only a step in providing data for evaluation.

When they evaluate the effect of vaccination they will be looking at percentage of population vaccinated, obviously small to begin with, also percentage refusing the shots, the fact that there are different priorities for people in different categories will all need study and analsis. Nothing will be assessd on the basis of one daily update.

Anyone who thinks we are going back to normal has not been paying attention. Van Tam was on the telly telling everyone we won’t be going back to normal even with a vaccine.

I take it you don't know much about statistics then. I think you need to re-read what I said.

We went into lockdown four weeks ago and came back out this week. They are still trying to evaluate the effect that has had. Updating daily is only a step in providing data for evaluation.

When they evaluate the effect of vaccination they will be looking at percentage of population vaccinated, obviously small to begin with, also percentage refusing the shots, the fact that there are different priorities for people in different categories will all need study and analsis. Nothing will be assessd on the basis of one daily update.
See my post earlier on pressure from Parliament. We largely came out of lockdown in the summer without such in depth analysis you suggest. Once the numbers of vaccinations increase, and the infections and hospitalisations decrease, the pressure will come on big time to ease things.

For Everyone? It wont be this season, we'll be lucky if enough people have been vaccinated and the virus has subsided enough to be in there for the start of next season.

I think it might be around Christmas 2021.
This sounds about right to me.

There maybe some small crowds by the end of the season but realistically it will take a long time to get people vaccinated.

All those bawsacks that were rioting and breaking all sorts of covid rules on Sunday should be at the back of the queue for the vaccine along with all the other clowns that broke the rules,especially the politicians bastards who were well aware of what they were doing.

Back