Wolves v Man City

bookies are always miles in front of every game.
Their live betting on websites is seconds in front. Never noticed them tweeting 2 mins before goals going in on sky.

It’s not good this day in age when everyone is on their phones at the same time as watching.

That game should see Mendy spend a fair chunk of the remaining games on the bench now.

The Laporte injury for City has absolutely crushed them this season, defence has been a shambles.

Their live betting on websites is seconds in front. Never noticed them tweeting 2 mins before goals going in on sky.

It’s not good this day in age when everyone is on their phones at the same time as watching.

any live game I ever watch Inpay betting is suspended at least a minute before you see it “live”

Utter rubbish.

Why’s it rubbish? I’d say there’s a very high chance of him leaving at the end of the season. As sensational as Liverpool have been, for him to have spent as much money as he has, and technically find himself 17 points behind at this stage in the season is really poor.

I don't know the record winning margin in the history of the top division in England but I do know Liverpool might set a new one.

Unless he wins ths Champions League?

Family's already back in Barcelona. Even a CL win (and I cannot see this City team win it) changes nothing IMO.

City need a serious rebuild. I don't see him overseeing it.

any live game I ever watch Inpay betting is suspended at least a minute before you see it “live”
Aye I know that. Never get twitter messages on the goals and scorer before it’s come through the tele though.

Safe to say Amazon should stick to ecommerce, their football coverage this week and last time has been absolutely appalling.

Why’s it rubbish? I’d say there’s a very high chance of him leaving at the end of the season. As sensational as Liverpool have been, for him to have spent as much money as he has, and technically find himself 17 points behind at this stage in the season is really poor.

He’s up against another mega rich club . He’ll sort the defence out next season. For now, he has to get the team ready for the Rag semis.

CL was always this season's target. EPL has been an after thought.
That would be an excuse if they took their feet off the gas in the second half of the season. Losing 5 games in the first half of the season is not part of the CL winning plan.

Liverpool are the quintessential English team. More history than any other club.

Firstly, by "More history" I'll assume you're referring to European Cups. Yup, fair enough.

By "Quintessential English Club", I'm not entirely sure what that waffly guff means. There was of course, that Sky news presenter who termed the phrase "quintessential British club" when talking of his admiration for Rangers. It's not difficult to see the parallel between Rangers FC and the phrase "Quintessential British Club".....but between Liverpool FC and the phrase you mentioned? Nah, I'm struggling with that one. I'm even falling at the first hurdle of the antipathy they have round Merseyside for anything you might term "Quintessentially English".

I'll take a stab in the dark and say you're someone who's discovered your admiration for Liverpool since Mr Gerrard became our manager. Which is fine, of course, but lets not try and attribute things to Liverpool FC which are patently false.

You should spend some time living around Liverpool fans, as I do, in the North West of England. You'd soon find yourself rooting for "anyone but" inspite of whatever romantic notions you're spewing forth at the minute about them.

Cancello £60m
Laportte £58m
Walker £50m
Stones £50m

I think Pep is a great coach and his City and Barca sides have served up some of the best football I have ever watched but defensively he is lacking big time imo. Even his Barca side who are widely considered the greatest team ever could be got at fairly easily just their attacking six were ridiculously good

Absolute nonsense. Much better pundits than sky or BT and the picture is excellent in 4 HD

I'll park the fact that their stream seems to be at least 1-2 minutes behind live play for a minute, but Michael Owen really?

Also, why are they going back to Dermot Gallagher for his views of the big incidents in the game at FT when they already asked him at HT?

All seems very amateur to me.

I'll park the fact that their stream seems to be at least 1-2 minutes behind live play for a minute, but Michael Owen really?

Also, why are they going back to Dermot Gallagher for his views of the big incidents in the game at FT when they already asked him at HT?

They all use shite pundits though. I think the fact you can have your pick of games definitely puts it above others.

But you go to sky you get Jamie Redknapp, Andy Wanker, Crocker, BT stick you with Sutton, Craigan etc.

Firstly, by "More history" I'll assume you're referring to European
Cups. Yup, fair enough.

By "Quintessential English Club", I'm not entirely sure what that waffly guff means. There was of course, that Sky news presenter who termed the phrase "quintessential British club" when talking of his admiration for Rangers. It's not difficult to see the parallel between Rangers FC and the phrase "Quintessential British Club".....but between Liverpool FC and the phrase you mentioned? Nah, I'm struggling with that one. I'm even falling at the first hurdle of the antipathy they have round Merseyside for anything you might term "Quintessentially English".

I'll take a stab in the dark and say you're someone who's discovered your admiration for Liverpool since Mr Gerrard became our manager. Which is fine, of course, but lets not try and attribute things to Liverpool FC which are patently false.

You should spend some time living around Liverpool fans, as I do, in the North West of England. You'd soon find yourself rooting for "anyone but" inspite of whatever romantic notions you're spewing forth at the minute about them.
Spot on.
I am not actually sure SCousers would like the soubriquet either.
There is no such animal as quintessentially English.

Amateur is the Sky and BT Sport Scottish coverage. What Amazon have produced is anything but.

They all use shite pundits though. I think the fact you can have your pick of games definitely puts it above others.

But you go to sky you get Jamie Redknapp, Andy Wanker, Crocker, BT stick you with Sutton, Craigan etc.

BT will probably have most of the same commentary teams when they have all the games on NYD

To be fair my biggest issue is the quality of the stream more than anything, it's nearly 2020 and I'm having to watch "live" football with a delay - not sure if this is a widespread issue or down to local bandwidth.

To be fair my biggest issue is the quality of the stream more than anything, it's nearly 2020 and I'm having to watch "live" football with a delay - not sure if this is a widespread issue or down to local bandwidth or not.

When you watc( it o; Sky or Bt there is always a delay. Next time you watch a game live have a betting site open with the live scores and you’ll see that for yourself.

When you watc( it o; Sky or Bt there is always a delay. Next time you watch a game live have a betting site open with the live scores and you’ll see that for yourself.

I have mate, but the delay on Sky or BT is at most 5 seconds when I've looked.

And the more I complain about It NEVER being over, somebody always proves my point. And they will continue with their stupidity. Who won ?

Me £54. Cashed out when it went 2-2m should have won a ton though but ended up spunking it on the darts but thanks for asking anyway ya wanker

Just seen the goals. Wtf was Mendy actually trying to do for the second goal? It's going out for a corner and he's either trying to let it run out for said corner or totally blind and thinks it's a goalkick, while the ball sets nicely for a whack up the park.

He cost £50m by the way. I genuinely wouldn't swap Barisic for him.

Firstly, by "More history" I'll assume you're referring to European Cups. Yup, fair enough.

Got to say that’s my impression too. I’d add in the fact they wish to airbrush Heysel from history isn’t very nice. The stuff with the City team bus before a CL game was also outrageous. They strike me as being rather picky about what they want to be remembered for and according to a few mates expect everyone to ‘love’ them. Kind of the same drivel we hear from the scum. They’re still a hell of a team this season.

Got to say that’s my impression too. I’d add in the fact they wish to airbrush Heysel from history isn’t very nice. The stuff with the City team bus before a CL game was also outrageous. They strike me as being rather picky about what they want to be remembered for and according to a few mates expect everyone to ‘love’ them. Kind of the same drivel we hear from the scum. They’re still a hell of a team this season.

Correct. Klopp has built a phenomenal team this season. And nor was my post meant to denigrate their historical achievements. Liverpool are one of the two greatest teams in English football history.

But Celtic are also one of two greatest teams in Scottish football history. 2nd in that list to be precise. Being a storied and successful football team doesn't necessarily make some aspects of a club's history less repugnant.

The La Porte injury has proven disastrous for Man City. Together with the retirement of Kompany, the absence of La Porte has revealed a huge fault line in the Man City team. Pep totally underestimated just how fragile his team is without this pair, a fragility that not even the brilliance of his midfield and attacking options could overcome.

After the abject peformance of his team's defence against Wolves, Pep must surely regret not listening to those who urged him to shore up this key area. It has almost certainly cost him the league, and if he still refuses to act, Man City's chances of winning the CL are slim indeed.

He’s up against another mega rich club . He’ll sort the defence out next season. For now, he has to get the team ready for the Rag semis.

He’s spent a fortune relative to everyone else in world football, never mind the premier league. Even taking away Liverpool’s insane form, they shouldn’t be that far behind.

About damn time they won the EPL for the first time. Scandalous it's taken them so long!

Safe to say Amazon should stick to ecommerce, their football coverage this week and last time has been absolutely appalling.

Apparently Amazon have the best streaming platform infrastructure in the world, That good that even one of their biggest rivals Disney use it for their Disney+ service

I've really enjoyed their coverage of the EPL

Apparently Amazon have the best streaming platform infrastructure in the world, That good that even one of their biggest rivals Disney use it for their Disney+ service

I've really enjoyed their coverage of the EPL

I don't doubt that for their pre-recorded shows.

I still prefer Sky myself.

Cancello £60m
Laportte £58m
Walker £50m
Stones £50m

I think Pep is a great coach and his City and Barca sides have served up some of the best football I have ever watched but defensively he is lacking big time imo. Even his Barca side who are widely considered the greatest team ever could be got at fairly easily just their attacking six were ridiculously good
Cancello was a swap for Danilo and 27m.So about 28m then. Pep has had two brilliant record-breaking seasons and if this season continues the same way two very average seasons.

Dae us all a favour the lot of yeez, keep Sunday's predictions tae yersels coz yeez couldnae pick yer nose.

Im not remotely interested in English football apart from a soft spot for Man Utd that stems from childhood so it’s quite pleasing to see the hideous “new club” that is Man City in dire straits, there’s no way Liverpool are throwing this away.
I reckon it’s also the end for Pep (end of the season anyway) which will be a shame because he’s a very likeable man who in fairness has had City playing some brilliant football in the past.

He’s spent a fortune relative to everyone else in world football, never mind the premier league. Even taking away Liverpool’s insane form, they shouldn’t be that far behind.
City have spent less than Man U and slightly more than Livarpool and Chelski. They all spend biggly , even Everton.

City have spent less than Man U and slightly more than Livarpool and Chelski. They all spend biggly , even Everton.

Under Pep their net spend has been £430M.

Klopp’s has been £69M.

Man United’s has been £330M in the same time period (which is an atrocious waste of money, hence why they sacked Mourinho).

Chelsea’s is £133M. Everton £270M.

Pep is a good manager, but this City team would be 8th or 9th with a £70M net spend. What Klopp has done is extraordinary.

Back