Wolves v Man City

Under Pep their net spend has been £430M.

Klopp’s has been £69M.

Man United’s has been £330M in the same time period (which is an atrocious waste of money, hence why they sacked Mourinho).

Chelsea’s is £133M. Everton £270M.

Pep is a good manager, but this City team would be 8th or 9th with a £70M net spend. What Klopp has done is extraordinary.
Pep has spent 132m in the last 2 1/2 years on Mahrez, Rodri and Angelinho compared to Klipperty spending over 300m.170m of it on just two players.Big money and this season VAR wins titles.

Pep has spent 132m in the last 2 1/2 years on Mahrez, Rodri and Angelinho compared to Klipperty spending over 300m.170m of it on just two players.Big money and this season VAR wins titles.

Net spend is what matters (even then, Pepe has spent £666M, Klopp £395M), Klopp blows him out the water and is the better manager of the two by quite a significant margin.

Bottom line is Klopp’s spent a fortune. That weak net spend argument is for folk in denial. He’s made huge buys, end of story.

Firstly, by "More history" I'll assume you're referring to European Cups. Yup, fair enough.

By "Quintessential English Club", I'm not entirely sure what that waffly guff means. There was of course, that Sky news presenter who termed the phrase "quintessential British club" when talking of his admiration for Rangers. It's not difficult to see the parallel between Rangers FC and the phrase "Quintessential British Club".....but between Liverpool FC and the phrase you mentioned? Nah, I'm struggling with that one. I'm even falling at the first hurdle of the antipathy they have round Merseyside for anything you might term "Quintessentially English".

I'll take a stab in the dark and say you're someone who's discovered your admiration for Liverpool since Mr Gerrard became our manager. Which is fine, of course, but lets not try and attribute things to Liverpool FC which are patently false.

You should spend some time living around Liverpool fans, as I do, in the North West of England. You'd soon find yourself rooting for "anyone but" inspite of whatever romantic notions you're spewing forth at the minute about them.
A bit snarky there, chief.
But you should have saved yourself some time typing out your lengthy, embittered rant - I don't support any English team. Whoops!

No complaints at the end Wolves deserved to win. First one Sterling is sleeping, second one Instagram eddy is , well I don’t know what the feck he was doing , awful.
Third goal was class and deserving of winning a game.
Still I prefer watching city playing these games than when we were struggling to beat York and Grimsby. Manager has tried to utilise Fernandinho the way he did with Mascherano at his previous club and it’s not worked
When you think of it the richest club in the league are going a full season with 3 centre half’s and 2 strikers
Still we go again , Sunday a wee trip down to see the Sheffield game then New Year’s Day at home to Everton.

I don’t understand the excuses being made for Guardiola. He’s halfway through the season and sitting behind Leicester.
He’s made an arse of his defence despite spending about £300m on it in one season and possibly more since.
If Mourinho was overseeing this shit show we’d have all the usual “horrible lady's front bottom, spent a fortune, yesterdays man, finished” bollocks.
The fact is Guardiola has never taken on a real challenge.
Barça he took on one of the top two clubs in the world. Bayern he took on a one horse race. City he took an unlimited spending job where they should be the best.
If he wants to be rated the best, he should be doing something like Conte is. Take a challenge and go and restore Milan to their best, or make Napoli the best.
He won’t though. It’ll be the safe guaranteed success, so he’ll go to Juve or PSG.
He’ll be 10 years without a CL if he doesn’t win it this year, despite being amongst the clubs regarded as favourites every year.
His Barça team was the best that I’ve seen, and his City team probably the best in England (until Liverpool just now) but he escapes so much criticism that others don’t.
He should be getting the bullet for this.

I don’t understand the excuses being made for Guardiola. He’s halfway through the season and sitting behind Leicester.
He’s made an arse of his defence despite spending about £300m on it in one season and possibly more since.
If Mourinho was overseeing this shit show we’d have all the usual “horrible lady's front bottom, spent a fortune, yesterdays man, finished” bollocks.
Barça he took on one of the top two clubs in the world. Bayern he took on a one horse race. City he took an unlimited spending job where they should be the best.
If he wants to be rated the best, he should be doing something like Conte is. Take a challenge and go and restore Milan to their best, or make Napoli the best.
He won’t though. It’ll be the safe guaranteed success, so he’ll go to Juve or PSG.
He’ll be 10 years without a CL if he doesn’t win it this year, despite being amongst the clubs regarded as favourites every year.
His Barça team was the best that I’ve seen, and his City team probably the best in England (until Liverpool just now) but he escapes so much criticism that others don’t.

Load of bollocks mate. Barca had just finished in 3rd place when he took over, and all we heard when he took over at City was this was the Premier League and he’d struggle to win leagues with his tippy tappy shite in Britain, this was reinforced after a tricky first season in England where he was allegedly in the process of being ‘found out’ before going on to hit record breaking points totals with a brand of football never before season in the Premier League. If football was just about spending money then Mourinho would have managed more than a solitary league title with Madrid and Man Utd wouldn’t be fighting just to try and finish in the top 4 each season.

Also you’re right, people would say Mourinho was a horrible bastard, but that’s because he is. Guardiola doesn’t gouge opposition coaches eyes and he doesn’t force referees into early retirement drumming up hate campaigns, and he certainly doesn’t try and lay the blame for dropped points on his team doctor. This may also be the first time he’s left a club after a bit of a collapse where as Mourinho’s already left 3 jobs after 3 major meltdowns. Guardiola’s obviously made a rip roaring cùnt of their season this year and badly misjudged their situation, he’s been borderline arrogant as far as his decision to leave their defence goes, but to say he’s never had a challenge and just runs around spending money is well wide of the mark.

Load of bollocks mate. Barca had just finished in 3rd place when he took over, and all we heard when he took over at City was this was the Premier League and he’d struggle to win leagues with his tippy tappy shite in Britain, this was reinforced after a tricky first season in England where he was allegedly in the process of being ‘found out’ before going on to hit record breaking points totals with a brand of football never before season in the Premier League. If football was just about spending money then Mourinho would have managed more than a solitary league title with Madrid and Man Utd wouldn’t be fighting just to try and finish in the top 4 each season.

Also you’re right, people would say Mourinho was a horrible bastard, but that’s because he is. Guardiola doesn’t gouge opposition coaches eyes and he doesn’t force referees into early retirement drumming up hate campaigns, and he certainly doesn’t try and lay the blame for dropped points on his team doctor. This may also be the first time he’s left a club after a bit of a collapse where as Mourinho’s already left 3 jobs after 3 major meltdowns. Guardiola’s obviously made a rip roaring cùnt of their season this year and badly misjudged their situation, he’s been borderline arrogant as far as his decision to leave their defence goes, but to say he’s never had a challenge and just runs around spending money is well wide of the mark.

He had Xavi, Iniesta and Messi.

He has never won a CL without Messi.

The La Porte injury has proven disastrous for Man City. Together with the retirement of Kompany, the absence of La Porte has revealed a huge fault line in the Man City team. Pep totally underestimated just how fragile his team is without this pair, a fragility that not even the brilliance of his midfield and attacking options could overcome.

After the abject peformance of his team's defence against Wolves, Pep must surely regret not listening to those who urged him to shore up this key area. It has almost certainly cost him the league, and if he still refuses to act, Man City's chances of winning the CL are slim indeed.

Is this silly name thread? La Porte :):):)

He never improved Bayern. Sure they were all conquering in Germany but he should have won the CL with them. They won the CL the previous season.
I see a similar issue at City. Mancini and Pellegrini both won titles there. What City cover is the Champions League, yet he’s still to succeed in that respect.

No wonder managers don't get time in modern football if folk want Pep sacked already.

Let's get 1 thing clear, Pep will decide when he leaves Man City. He's built a dominant team for the last couple of seasons, bar the Champions League which has been an obvious omission.

Managers / clubs are allowed to have a difficult year. Fergie is the greatest manager of all time probably, but he didn't have it his own way every season, in fact he had seasons where Utd fell off worse than City have.

City have missed Kompany, but obviously didn't expect their other defensive leader to get such a long term Injury either. However, they could just as easily go out & get someone like a Koulibaly, get Laporte back from injury & then go on to be back to being the best team in the league.

Sure, Pep made a mistake not strengthening his centre half's, but to talk about sacking him without giving them a chance to rectify it is just laughable. And as for comparing it to Jose's shit shows....I suppose you could if he left them with 1 club just hovering above the relegation zone and another club sitting mid table, with most of the club hating him on both occasions.

For those complaining about streams being behind live broadcast - for now, that's the way the technology works. All the money in the world isn't going to change it right now, and it doesn't matter if it's Sky, Amazon, BT (or some other company with more money than them all combined, like Apple) - any broadcast streamed over the internet will be behind the same broadcast over satellite/aerial.

I believe some companies are working on a solution though (BBC and others maybe, can't remember)

This Barça finishing third, as if it was fucking amazing he won the league with them. They’ve been give or take the best team in the world for 20 years. He just got the best out of Rijkaards team again and had Messi coming through.
He’s got a shite record of signing defenders and strikers, and almost every one he signs makes his team worse!

Back