World Cup Break November Old Firm in Sydney Confirmed - Reports: Now In Doubt

Should Rangers play them in Australia? Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 145 5.7%
  • No

Votes: 2,407 94.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If people attend in numbers then the Board will have been proven correct in their decision. And I guess we can expect similar choices in the future.

It all comes down to who wins the title. The 'tournament' will have a very different feel depending upon who are Champions.
Agree completely with both points.

The majority wouldn’t have a clue about what’s said on podcasts or on here that’s the point.
H&H has what, 4K listeners? This forum has 18k members the vast majority wouldn’t log in regularly.
I agree it’s a shit show, but the folks that are buying tickets and going to go probably have very little knowledge of the backlash as I’ve found out already.
It’s infuriating but that’s the reality.
The vast majority of Rangers fans aren’t on this forum or listen to podcasts however it is obvious that that it is a very small minority that are in favour of this. I haven’t met one person (out of the dozens of fans I’ve spoke to) on this game that doesn’t think it’s a complete shit show. The board has made a complete and utter mess of things.

There was only 5,536 at Dens Park on Sunday. We know why but that was the attendance.

It’s Rangers v Celtic, don’t understand why people think this won’t sell regardless.
So would these same people not turn up for Rangers vs West Sydney Wanderers? Or are they only turning up because it’s the Old Firm?

As for the point about not knowing the backlash, that doesn’t wash, unless they’re not actually Rangers fans. Because everyone knows the feeling towards Celtic.
It’s been broadcast in our last EL match with the banners and singing, the last 3 games there’s been chants against it. So what’s the excuse for ignorance?
Or is it simply a case of selfishness?

If people attend in numbers then the Board will have been proven correct in their decision. And I guess we can expect similar choices in the future.

It all comes down to who wins the title. The 'tournament' will have a very different feel depending upon who are Champions.
It won't.

Heard Stuart Munro say that and it's nonsense. Regardless of the title it is fatsos homecoming and will be awash with their colours

Make sure you get one of these pal...........

B8my_EuCMAAoNRC.jpg
Our half won't even say Rangers, our name hasn't to be mentioned.

It'll say sevco2012, but as long as we make a few quid eh?

Going by this thread and id say it's more than 5/6 percent of folks are getting on-board for this game
Maybe time for a new poll on this subject to see if this is the case and are people coming round to the idea.
I know this forum isn't totally representative of our fan base but definitely a fair barometer of opinion .
I personally think the board are just riding it out regardless of fan opinion.

If we have a magnificent April ( which we all hope for ) I can't see them changing track .

If it's a shocker ( which none of us want ), the pressure from the fans on this will rocket
Thing is, if we have a magnificent April this friendly becomes peanuts to the prize money we'll make.

If we have the month we're all hoping for, the protests should increase in my opinion.

Thing is, if we have a magnificent April this friendly becomes peanuts to the prize money we'll make.

If we have the month we're all hoping for, the protests should increase in my opinion.
Agree about the prize money point

But if we conquer all in April a lot of fans will soften their attitude towards this nonsense friendly in my opinion .

Don't disagree about the protests being ramped up though .

He is a Celtic/Liverpool fan. Genuine Irish Catholic from Dublin. But a decent bloke, not a plastic paddy like the ones you get in Scotland.

I think that will be the best thing that can come out of this match. Taking the old firm out of the hyperbole of Scotland and realising that there is a big world out there with many cultures.

Once people see that mixed fan areas for the old firm can work in other countries, perhaps they will realise that all of the bigoted baggage that goes with it all in Scotland is just nonsense.
Are you kidding mate?

How are you going to react when 20 pissed up scum fans sat around you start singing about the IRA and dead British soldiers? Think it wont happen? Think again. The mixed areas have the word 'carnage' written in big bold letters above them.

It is not considered large, it's the whole reason why the concept was discontinued.
That’s why I don’t get the excuse thrown out by some that there’s been a great desperation to see Rangers. The opportunity has been before and a fairly small uptake. I can only assume it’s the same as those who surface when a big Semi Final or Final comes around and they can’t resist the lure of a “big game” but aren’t interested when it’s a normal game

The way they will see it is the Club they support have endorsed the Tournament
Which is why fans are so outraged.

This probably isn’t just about ONE game though is it and I wouldn’t say it’s about them being a peado ring either although i believe that’s a legit reason to refuse to play a specific team outside of the league and cups where we have no choice to.

My disgust is with the club or the board whatever way you want to word it because simply put we have been taken for mugs for far to long and when the times have come for the club to grow a backbone and speak for the fans and follow the fans wishes, they have never done it, actually I take that back after years and years they eventually took the bromloan of them! But other than that it’s been take take take.

We were short changed in the summer, and royally fucked over in the January window which may cost us 56 and if it does then it’s on the board and not Gio or the fans so to arrange a friendly against them who got the league stopped because of injuries ( again we done nothing ) and they are now in pole position as a result. I see it is as a very bitter pill to swallow and the core fan base who follow and plough millions in every year are simply and you cannot debate this, they are being ignored and shunned for the pound.

Unacceptable mate

He is a Celtic/Liverpool fan. Genuine Irish Catholic from Dublin. But a decent bloke, not a plastic paddy like the ones you get in Scotland.

I think that will be the best thing that can come out of this match. Taking the old firm out of the hyperbole of Scotland and realising that there is a big world out there with many cultures.

Once people see that mixed fan areas for the old firm can work in other countries, perhaps they will realise that all of the bigoted baggage that goes with it all in Scotland is just nonsense.
What brand of glue is it you sniff ?

Everybody all excited for the Scottish Cup semi against Celtic then aye?

No petitioning the board demanding we pull out of what is effectively a diddy cup with shite prize money anyway?

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Where in Sydney is Glasgow ?

So we're heading to the Wanderers game on the Wednesday, conscience is clear on that one.

Rangers end for the old firm game is essentially sold out, only down to single seats in the nosebleeds. And that's before they're even open to the public.

Everybody all excited for the Scottish Cup semi against Celtic then aye?

No petitioning the board demanding we pull out of what is effectively a diddy cup with shite prize money anyway?

The hypocrisy is astounding.
Only if you're an absolute retard and think the Scottish Cup is "effectively a diddy cup".

Did you think it was a diddy cup when it formed any of our 7 trebles?
In 2016 when we could have won it as a lower league club?
How about 2002 when Lovenkrands scored the last minute winner?

Come on, you want to accuse us all of hypocrisy. Tell us which Scottish Cup final Rangers played in and you didn't care because it's a diddy cup.

Only if you're an absolute retard and think the Scottish Cup is "effectively a diddy cup".

Did you think it was a diddy cup when it formed any of our 7 trebles?
In 2016 when we could have won it as a lower league club?
How about 2002 when Lovenkrands scored the last minute winner?

Come on, you want to accuse us all of hypocrisy. Tell us which Scottish Cup final Rangers played in and you didn't care because it's a diddy cup.
People are saying we should not be playing in a (quite lucrative) tournament as the paedo enablers are also playing and we should be holding ourselves to higher standards.

At the same time I see people getting excited and clambouring over themselves trying to get tickets for a match against the self same paedo enablers in another, less lucrative tournament.

It ranks of sheer hypocrisy.

In the same way you suggest the memorable moment that Lovenkrands scored the winner in 2002, perhaps I will be there when Rangers win the Sydney Super Cup, ramming it right down the tims throat, creating another memorable moment and putting a few million into the clubs coffers as well.

People are saying we should not be playing in a (quite lucrative) tournament as the paedo enablers are also playing and we should be holding ourselves to higher standards.

At the same time I see people getting excited and clambouring over themselves trying to get tickets for a match against the self same paedo enablers in another, less lucrative tournament.

It ranks of sheer hypocrisy.

In the same way you suggest the memorable moment that Lovenkrands scored the winner in 2002, perhaps I will be there when Rangers win the Sydney Super Cup, ramming it right down the tims throat, creating another memorable moment and putting a few million into the clubs coffers as well.
Behave mate. Playing Celtic in a club competition is completely different to signing up a friendly with them halfway around the world, where they get twice the money and effectively pay for their child abuse compo, in what’s been promoted as ‘Ange’s homecoming’. It’s an absolute riddy. If that game goes ahead the old firm as we know it is dead. The unique Glasgow rivalry between Rangers and Celtic will be no more than tourist pish like the majority of the English derbys. They hype the Man Utd Liverpool derby, that’s no a derby. The old firm was unique, but is been sold down the river sadly. Rangers as a club should not be selling itself to this tourist nonsense either.

Back