World Cup Commentators/Pundits - Let’s slag them off

Most have been chronic to be fair. It is pretty stilted stuff.

The virtue signalling panels would put you off it to be honest.

Reactions: TNT
Gabby Agbonlahor on talksport

England should rest the team versus Wales as their 2nd XI would beat them

Might be merit in that but given that the first XI couldn't beat the USA, idiotic timing

Reactions: VGM
Just watched the highlights of Japan v Costa Rica , when Costa Rica score listen to the groan of hartson !!!!
I burst out laughing - thought the commentators were meant to be neutral ??

Who's the co commentator in the Canada game?

I'm sure he's just said look at the rizz he gets on the cross.

The fucking what?

Eni Aluko was some buzz last night. Wales got a point off the USA so "they can probably afford to rest Bale on Friday v Iran, can't they?" :))

The f*ck ye on about hen??
To quote a certain GS. It's a man's game

Alex Scott was on with Rushie the other day and came out with this pearler: "We've all done it haven't we Ian, in training and played a Worldy pass...". Yes, Alex, he's Ian Rush, he probably has. He's won the European Cup a couple of times, your definition a "Worldy" will be vastly different from his.

I am fcking sick of these false comparisons they keep drawing between top end professional football and...Well, women's football. I scored 5 tries in a rugby match once, when I was 15, I don't ever recall Bill McLaren asking me to co-commentate on the 6-Nations!

Last edited:
Let's be honest,they're all shite.
Watching all football with the volume off is always the best option.

Thank God for the mute button and being able to switch channels at half time and full time.
Listening to the pish all those blowhards waffle would give a headache a headache ffs.

Radio commentators are much better. Was listening to Connor McNammara on 5 live yesterday doing the Japan game. Him and his co commentator were really slagging the game off, stating it had been the dullest of the world cup, then could not contain their delight when CR scored.

Shearer causing a 60 second silence with his patter there, commentator stunned into silence:D
Was that when he said something about Lineker saying "don't forget about me" back in the studio.

I genuinely wondered if the silence was because the producers were having a word in their ears and giving him a telling off for the cissy voice he did in his impression.

Alex Scott was on with Rushie the other day and came out with this pearler: "We've all done it haven't we Ian, in training and played a Worldy pass...". Yes, Alex, he's Ian Rush, he probably has. He's won the European Cup a couple of times, your definition a "Worldy" will be vastly different.

I am fcking sick of these false comparisons they keep drawing between top end professional football and...Well, women's football. I scored 5 tries in a rugby match once, when I was 15, I don't ever recall Bill McLaren asking me to co-commentate on the 6-Nations!
Can't remember the game might have been the saudis v Poland. The 2 women pundits came out with we've been the away team playing in Canada so know what it's like to come into this kind of atmosphere.

I'm guessing the atmosphere was nothing like that one they were commentating on

I’m sorry but take me make back to 70s/80s with Brian Moore & Brian Clough. This lot are brutal , Ally McCoist apart
Still love the absolutely classic interview between Brian Clough and Don Revie when Clough was at Leeds.
It was brutally honest and totally captivating and just wouldn't be allowed on today's woke tv.
Good thing is that it is still available to view on YouTube.

Was that when he said something about Lineker saying "don't forget about me" back in the studio.

I genuinely wondered if the silence was because the producers were having a word in their ears and giving him a telling off for the cissy voice he did in his impression.
Yeah that was the one mate:D

Back