World Cup Commentators/Pundits - Let’s slag them off

This is the men’s World Cup, I’d like to hear men’s opinions on it.
So get all these women off the panels and hosts
The counter argument is that during the women’s World Cup it should be hosted and commentated by women.
That said I wouldn’t actually watch the women’s World Cup as it’s truly awful.
Bin the women hosts, they are dumming down the coverage

This is the men’s World Cup, I’d like to hear men’s opinions on it.
So get all these women off the panels and hosts
The counter argument is that during the women’s World Cup it should be hosted and commentated by women.
That said I wouldn’t actually watch the women’s World Cup as it’s truly awful.
Bin the women hosts, they are dumming down the coverage
Don't actually mind the females point of view on the games, I like the varied opinions.

That Jenas on the BBC is a dumpling. Utterly hopeless.
He’s the worst of the lot and incredibly he’s been told he is replacing lineker when he retires.

No idea why but he seems to be the BBC’s poster boy/golden child appearing here there and everywhere even hosting the one show. Clueless, talentless and allegedly extremely arrogant behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Pundits like Hartson and Dublin keep getting employed but a tv executive/director surely can’t listen to the coverage and think they are providing a good service? In other sports like NFL and cricket the commentary is so knowledgeable and informative and football has these bungling idiots.

The tv companies obviously think they’re doing a good job (especially the brain dead/damaged men and the god awful women commentators/pundits) without realising we tolerate because we want to watch the game. They should do a poll after each tournament and adjust accordingly for the next.

Not sure who the idiot co-commentating (the guy) on Uruguay v Korea is but jeezus wept describing Korea as absolutely hanging in there when it’s 0-0 is fuckwittery of Hartson levels.

The women doing 5 live just said Argentina Team when referring to Uruguay.

It isn't hard, they are two different countries.

At the start of Morocco vs Croatia today the commentator asked Hartson what he expected from the game “a lot of goals” was his answer. Turned out to be the first 0-0 of the tournament.
He also stated that the threat from Barasic from down the left would be a worry for them........He wasn't even in the starting 11 ffs!!:eek:

Both BBC and ITV try and produce coverage for the stupidest person. That way everyone will understand it. I would love to see some knowledgeable pundits and journalists heavily involved in the coverage, going into good detail and insight, but it's probably felt that would put off casual viewers.

Both BBC and ITV try and produce coverage for the stupidest person. That way everyone will understand it. I would love to see some knowledgeable pundits and journalists heavily involved in the coverage, going into good detail and insight, but it's probably felt that would put off casual viewers.
Agree. The commentator on the Korea game sounds like a kids presenter and most of the guest pundits are clearly not used to having to talk at length on TV. Seems like the established pundit teams have been diluted with amateurs. I switch on at kick off and off at full time.

I used to rate Lee Dixon back in the day, but ever since he's moved to ITV he sounds like somebody's given him a permanent supply of barbiturates mixed with valium
Lee Dixon was great on MOTD2. Majorly downhill since then.

Question from Murphy in Korea match - Why do they call shots hitting the post off-target?
Answer - Because they are off-target. The target is between the posts.
Funny to think though, you can hit a shot off target and score

I wonder if the keeper had got a hand to it would it have counted as a shot on target?

With regards studio pundits Canada's TSN must have the worse pundit in the world with Ex Scotland Gary Caldwell. He's as "Thick as two short Planks" and is quite literally the joke person for the rest of the panel who take the piss out of him, embarrassing. Janine Beckie is a wee darling though.

Keown rolling back the years this evening with a couple of 70s classics:
  • "if there are any young kids watching at home"
  • "a banana shot"

I’ve just been watching the Spanish-language coverage

Even when I don’t understand it all, it still makes more sense than a lot of the English language punditry.

Some twat on talksport commentary today of Uruguay game re Valverde.

One minute he was calling him Valverdi next minute Valverdee

Make your mind up you gimp.

Back