Worst performance you have ever seen from a player against us?

Watched the full game back during lockdown and (thankfully for us) he was indeed terrible. Took a wild swing at the ball under no pressure and blootered it into the Celtic end - literally, which is some achievement at Hampden.

Boruc in the 4-2 game was hilariously bad, we really got under his skin that day too B-D
I actually remember that clearly, I was at the game and was very surprised how bad he was.

Zagadou v Dortmund was poor from recent memory, googled to check and BT have a video labelling the performance a disasterclass lol.

That's the one that sprung to mind for me too.

Seemed to be quite highly rated at Dortmund (although now at Stuttgart) so was pleasantly surprised to find he was 6ft 6in of utter mediocrity that Alfie ragdolled for fun.

Messi for Barca at Ibrox, stayed out wide and threw himself to the ground anytime anyone went near him, outplayed by Charlie Adam, an embarrassment

Will need a little help from the resident statos as I can’t remember the players name, but a game mid 90s away at Firhill, there was a Partick Thistle player who completely lost the plot rashly sliding in on Gazza and Laudrup and they just kept ripped him a new one. Pretty sure he ended up getting sent off. No idea why this sticks in my head.

Will need a little help from the resident statos as I can’t remember the players name, but a game mid 90s away at Firhill, there was a Partick Thistle player who completely lost the plot rashly sliding in on Gazza and Laudrup and they just kept ripped him a new one. Pretty sure he ended up getting sent off. No idea why this sticks in my head.
Billy something.

I’m sure he was a bluenose.

Billy McDonald, 2-1 win at Firhill Gazza got both goals and had the young boy on strings all game toying with him

I recall Aaron Hickey having a nightmare for Hearts against us in LC semi at Hampden in Nov 2019. He was still only a young lad at the time and was getting a fair bit of media attention of a possible big move therefore I watched him closely, he had an absolute shocker.

He now looks a very fine player, more than holding his own in EPL, and just goes to show to never judge a player on one game.

Sutton vs us at Ibrox

Anyone who just throws a game like that should be ridiculed and held in the lowest regard from its fanbase, instead they love the clown which says more about them than anyone.

I recall Aaron Hickey having a nightmare for Hearts against us in LC semi at Hampden in Nov 2019. He was still only a young lad at the time and was getting a fair bit of media attention of a possible big move therefore I watched him closely, he had an absolute shocker.

He now looks a very fine player, more than holding his own in EPL, and just goes to show to never judge a player on one game.

Hickey had a couple of nightmares against us, I remember Gerrard targeting him in a game by dropping Alfie onto him at every opportunity and the poor lad got bullied something silly.

Turned out a cracking player mind.

Hickey had a couple of nightmares against us, I remember Gerrard targeting him in a game by dropping Alfie onto him at every opportunity and the poor lad got bullied something silly.

Turned out a cracking player mind.

Yeah, we played Hearts exactly 4 weeks after the LC semi at Ibrox, winning 5-0, and again Hickey was far from impressive.

Mikael Lustig v us being tormented by Ryan Kent then going off ‘injured’ at half time. Twice.

Boyata in the SC semi 2016 was similarly bad, making a load of unforced blunders before going off injured in the first half. He was so bad that I thought him going off was going to ruin our chances of winning.

I never thought anyone could beat Anton Rogan for this accolade, but decades later along comes Shane Duffy.

It's difficult to choose between these two bheggars but I'll go with Duffy purely because he sang along to his own pishy song and did the old kiddy-on rifle thing while failing to down a pint. He played a fine part in securing 55 :))

Basing it on his amazingly high standards Franz Beckenbauer in the 72 semi. He got so frustrated he deliberately passed a ball into the enclosure.

By all accounts Malky McDonald had a nightmare when we pumped the tārriers 8 1 sent off and then suspended for the rest of the season. The one game in history I wish I’d been at.

Hans Ekilsson (sp?) at Tynecastle.
We had centre stand tickets and his family had flown in from Norway, I think, to see him and were sitting behind us, very excited, etc.
He had an atrocious game and they got quieter as the game wore on.
Felt quite sorry for them by the end.

Maybe not a terrible performance but one he'll not forget. That guy Katai for Red Star at Ibrox. Thought he'd scored 2 before they were ruled out for offside and McGregor brilliantly saved his penalty as well.

Craigan would not shut up about him that night, wanked himself into a frenzy over a bang average player.

As for performances, I remember a Rapid Vienna defender just sitting down about to chuck it as he simply couldn't deal with Morelos. Their entire defence got ragdolled that night.

In fairness to Ian Andrews he was at fault fot the third goal when he let in the looping header by McCoist but he had no chance with the other 4 goals.

Pat Bonner always had a mistake in him against us especially NYD 1987 when he dropped the ball to the feet of Ally to score and when Walters scored direct from a corner kick.

He did get away with one on the 89 SCF when he dropped an easy cross to the head of Butcher who scored but that cheat Valentine ruled that Davie Cooper backed into him.

Roy Aitken was a disaster waiting to happen as Ally had his number but that pass from cooper to Durrant left him on his arse. How he got so many Scotland caps is beyond me when Hansen could not even get a look in.

mahe in 1999. Actually properly lost the plot, got sent off for losing the plot then, burst into tears. Was fucking glorious.

Back