Worst performance you have ever seen from a player against us?

Gilles Rousset. The Laudrup final

(Still feel a bit sorry for Jukebox for his forgotten contribution!)

One bad mistake when he was racing attack after attack in fairness. We could've had 10 that day so you could probably make a case for any of the Hearts defenders. That would be doing a disservice to Laudrup though, so I won't bother.

I'd go Anton Rogan the day he punched the ball and gave away a penalty at the Broomloan end. It was the season after he gave away a penalty in almost exactly the same spot.

'lets all do the Anton' :)

Jim "Bomber" Brown the Killie keeper at 8-1 game at Rugby Park. He eventually went to Irvine Meadow and he was the best keeper i have seen at the Meadow and he is a big Rangers man.
From memory Jim kept his place for Kilmarnock’s next game against Dundee I think it was and played well in a 1-1 draw. Took a bit of character that.

Leigh Griffiths came on as a sub for Dundee at a game at Ibrox when on loan from Celtic a couple of years ago and had a nightmare. Also attempted to kick anything in a blue jersey and I remember thinking about ten minutes after he came on he would either get subbed or sent off

One bad mistake when he was racing attack after attack in fairness. We could've had 10 that day so you could probably make a case for any of the Hearts defenders. That would be doing a disservice to Laudrup though, so I won't bother.

I'd go Anton Rogan the day he punched the ball and gave away a penalty at the Broomloan end. It was the season after he gave away a penalty in almost exactly the same spot.

'lets all do the Anton' :)
True, I have many fond memories of Anton. He had the decency to spread his outstanding displays out too. Compare that to Ian Andrews who got the whole lot out in a single day!

Leigh Griffiths came on as a sub for Dundee at a game at Ibrox when on loan from Celtic a couple of years ago and had a nightmare. Also attempted to kick anything in a blue jersey and I remember thinking about ten minutes after he came on he would either get subbed or sent off

He should've been sent off that day. Got booked for a bit of handbags then caught one of our centre backs (Balogun maybe) very late. Refs shat it. Hit the post too iirc.

From memory Jim kept his place for Kilmarnock’s next game against Dundee I think it was and played well in a 1-1 draw. Took a bit of character that.
My memory tells me was the next game it was 7-1 for Dundee Utd but the keeper was not Bomber but i could be wrong

Boruc at the Piggery in the Mendes 4-2 game.

Done by Cousin at the near post for the opener then dropped a Broadfoot cross right at Miller’s feet.

Good day:)

Henry Smith of Hearts was always good for a nightmare as well.

My memory tells me was the next game it was 7-1 for Dundee Utd but the keeper was not Bomber but i could be wrong
I just have a memory of remarking to someone about the result the following week. But you’ll be right I expect, senior moment on my part. Guess I’ll head over to the Lounge for the “You know you’re getting old when…..” thread :(

Only one answer to this.

Sutton when he got himself deliberately sent off at Ibrox. Cheated his own teammates and fans.
(Fcuk them both)

'Load of Tosh' McKinlay march 1987.
Bated beautifully by the Bears in the Dens Park stand enclosure .
'Give the ball to Tosh...'
Never seen a player exit the scene ad quick!
4-0 win that suggested we were goin to be rightful champions

The Bremen goalie at the home leg in the 2008 uefa cup run. Sure he tipped one into his own net then parried an average shot right into the oncoming Stevie Davis if i mind right. Cost them the tie and their chance at glory as they were far the best side we faced in the run in to the final.

Gilles Rousette the hearts goalie in the Laudrup 5-1 final.

Laudrup nutmegged him from the touchline!

The Bremen goalie at the home leg in the 2008 uefa cup run. Sure he tipped one into his own net then parried an average shot right into the oncoming Stevie Davis if i mind right. Cost them the tie and their chance at glory as they were far the best side we faced in the run in to the final.
I’m sure he retired and tried to become a WWE wrestler!

Yeh definitely should have walked. I don’t recall him hitting the post though
Felt absolutely sure there was some sort of gambling involved there. Never seen someone try so hard (and fail) to get sent off.

(It's also possible that he's just an idiot who couldn't mentally handle the situation of being slaughtered for most of the game and knowing he was an unfit waster.)

Ian Andrews in the 5-1stroll in the sun.
Also honourable mention to Rousette doing a Ray Clemence against Laudrup in the Cup Final.

Frank Haffey,John Fallon,Ian Andrews and Rab Douglas oh and the dirty dentist Jim Craig for his own goal contributions. Horrendous halfwits.

Perhaps Lawrence Shankland this season against us. That’s not having a go at him because I think he’s a good player. However he’s been awful against us.

Vieri was a great shout earlier in the thread, priceless watching his smug face smash that penalty over the bar.

In recent years you could probably say Lustig faking an injury to get off the park after Kent tore him a new arsehole half the match, I remember Goldson walking past laughing at him lying on the ground.

Maybe not a terrible performance but one he'll not forget. That guy Katai for Red Star at Ibrox. Thought he'd scored 2 before they were ruled out for offside and McGregor brilliantly saved his penalty as well.

Lovenkrands Cup Final,I thought Larsson had an absolute stinker which tbh is unlike him.
Watched the full game back during lockdown and (thankfully for us) he was indeed terrible. Took a wild swing at the ball under no pressure and blootered it into the Celtic end - literally, which is some achievement at Hampden.

Boruc in the 4-2 game was hilariously bad, we really got under his skin that day too B-D

Back when Hickey was at Hearts anytime he played against us he was hopeless, Morelos threw him about like a Ragdoll.

I recall Mo Johnston having an absolute mare against us whilst playing for Hearts.

He was getting the piss taken from all angles, and I seem to remember his just sitting down on the ball then being taken off. That may not be accurate though as I was likely pished.

Think if you read the heading properly you’ll find it’s players that had a stinker against us, not actually one of our players.

I mean FFS.
I mean FFS I'm being sarcastic his performance in the 3-0 game against the mhanks was one of the worst I've ever seen by a Rangers player !!!

I was going to say, "Anton Rogan. Hands Down." but that would be misleading. It was definitely hands up. I don't expect to ever see a worse performance or a worse player. Even the players we saw down the divisions were better.

Boruc in the 4-2 at Parkhead. Beat at his near post by Cousin for the first goal and spilled the ball from a cross for Kenny Miller to tap in for the fourth goal. Easily the most overrated player I’ve seen at the mentally challengeds. He had a howler every other week!

Back