would you accept gerrard at the legends game in March?

I'd welcome him yes, from his point of view he'd be better waiting. In years to come I think he'd get a great reception and deservedly so.

To right. He stopped Ten in a row from the ashes. He is not a Rangers legend because time dictates he was not here long enough but he did a fantastic job.

How can an yone blame the guy for wanting to be close to his family again? 3 years is a long time and it wears on you. I am going through it now with Covid been away from my kids longer than i should be and its horrible.

He is doing a great job at Villa and he is always welcome back at Ibrox but no way will he be playing in that match.

Undoubtedly, a resounding yes for me.

Against all the odds led the team to be undefeated in the league with some great football and a misery defence.

Can’t be many other seasons that have matched the enjoyment. The cups were a bit disappointing but for me last season was all about the league.

Would be petty and tim like to boo him. Let’s not taint the memory. Players move on and so do managers. He’s well entitled to do a job where he can see his family on a daily basis. Thanks for the memories for me.

Undoubtedly, a resounding yes for me.

Against all the odds led the team to be undefeated in the league with some great football and a misery defence.

Can’t be many other seasons that have matched the enjoyment. The cups were a bit disappointing but for me last season was all about the league.

He also led the club into European group stage football 4 years in a row which we had never done before in our history. He led us to the last 16 in two of those seasons as well.

He also has us on our best run of old firm results for decades. The last time they beat us was 2019 (cup final?) I’m sure. We beat them 4-1 last season and it’s hardly talked about because it was so routine.

The cup record was very poor but too much was made of it IMO. All the other stuff more than made up for it.

If you forget about the start of this season European football under Gerrard was a huge success. Can’t be critical of loosing to teams like Bayer Leverkusen who were a classy team on top form.

He wouldn’t be interested in playing, even if asked imo. Don’t think he’s bothered in the slightest about any legacy with us or what any of us think of him.

He's not a legend.

So no.

And I say that as someone who holds no ill will against him.
A word that gets easily used jn football, your right he is more a Liverpool legend than Rangers however because of 55 I would welcome him back of course we should.

Gerrard quote “

"No, listen 55 100 per cent because of the obsession with the Celtic fans when I went up there, ten in a row this, ten in a row that, blah blah blah. To get 55 was special."
Nothing in the quote would change my mind from what I said in previous post.

Just another sound byte and nothing genuine in it.

Really can't take anyone seriously who thinks Gerrard isn't a legend. He won arguably the most important title in our history. Of course he's a legend.

Gerrard is beyond Legendary status at Rangers.

Anyone thinking 55 would’ve happened without him is a fool. Ditto his apparent lack of Scottish Trophies over the piece.

The rebuild and power up under him was because of him and wouldn’t have happened with anyone else.

Always welcome and then some at Ibrox.

A Liverpool legend yes, a Rangers legend? I don't think hes close to being one, that term is thrown around far too often to people not befitting the title in my opinion.

Not even in the top 100 Rangers in my opinion.
I'm sure you witnessed the scenes and celebrations all over Scotland last season, has any of our legends that you'd place before him ever been responsible for scenes and celebrations that come even remotely close to last season?

Yes.

His three year stint as manager is arguably the best three year managerial stint in our entire history.

The overreaction of some of our fans to him leaving was a disgrace in all honesty and was a really poor look for us as a “support”.
I’d absolutely have him back and he’ll be loved by all like Souness when the dust settles.

Id maybe have Walters first three years ahead although 93/94 might kill that.

I'm sure you witnessed the scenes and celebrations all over Scotland last season, has any of our legends that you'd place before him ever been responsible for scenes and celebrations that come even remotely close to last season?
A lot yeah, must assume you’re very young?

Yea it was a historic win because of where we came from, but he bottled something like 12 trophies before winning that one, losing lots of semi finals and the likes against far inferior competition.

He was a key part of our journey back to where we belong and I’m thankful for that but legend is a bit of a leap.

He’s it was a historic win because of where we came from, but he bottled something like 12 trophies before winning that one, losing lots of semi finals and the likes against far inferior competition.

Thankful that we won the league and to him for that but legend is a bit of a leap.
True but performances in Europe generated the money to buy better players to allow us to challenge and subsequently become champions and he certainly won the trophy that mattered more than any other.

Helicopter Sunday and 9iar were massive in our history and were celebrated but neither created scenes that were remotely close to what we witnessed last season, we even had the Scottish Government spewing.
I think you are just talking nonsense now. what age are you Kyle?

He inherited an absolute shit show, and had us competing in Europe in his first season.

His biggest letdown is not winning a domestic trophy but he won our first title in a decade and done it without getting beat, as well as building the foundations of a strong Rangers again.

Maybe too soon for him to come back but I'd like to see him up one day.

I say that as someone who at the time when left said I never wanted him near our doors again, it was painful but I've moved on.

He'd probably walk off the pitch before half time.

The obsession with him is off the scale. He came he done the job and then he fucked off against all his words and lip service about loyality etc.

Just wish everyone would leave it be

It amazes me the amount of people who forget the state we were in when he took the job. A rookie manager restored Rangers name in Europe and delivered 55. That isn't underachievement. We weren't even a shadow of the pre banter years Rangers before Gerrard took over. Yes we could have won more but all things considered, he done a wonderful job.

Restoring the standards and laying the foundations for future success should also been seen as massive achievements. He finally put a lid on the horrendous time we all endured.

I was as pissed off as anyone with how he left but it looks like it may work out for the better. We just aren't going to be able to compete with the EPL no matter how much we want to.

In answer to the question, of course he should be welcomed back. Shouldn't be in question.

I hope in the fullness of time that the gaffer is remembered as he should be.
Same sentiments as myself! Sometimes I have to check myself on the amount of people so against our auld gaffer till I remember my grandfather went to fight in Spain and died at Jarama in 1937 ...... "That's all part and parcel of Democracy"
The right to reply against other peoples opinions?
Salud

Same sentiments as myself! Sometimes I have to check myself on the amount of people so against our auld gaffer till I remember my grandfather went to fight in Spain and died at Jarama in 1937 ...... "That's all part and parcel of Democracy"
The right to reply against other peoples opinions?
Salud
Or maybe he needed to establish himself as a manager and our board didn't or couldn't match his ambitions especially when we didn't strengthen during the transfer window prior to his departure.

He won the one that mattered the most - and they know it and it kills them every day - they were red hot favourites to win the league and secure the 10 - imagine the pish we’d have to put up with read every day - would have set us back years and years

The scenes along the Clyde with the flares best ever and that burj tower - that is just stuff of dreams - but they dreams came true , against all the odds

He’s doing a good job with villa - hope he gets his dream job at Liverpool as hell know where it all started
Welcome any day in my book -and a massive cheer from this bear when he goes on or off the park

Back