Yilmaz

If Yilmaz doesnt start at the weekend, perfect game for him to get bedded in, then ive completely given up on Gio

It is ludicrous. A huge chunk of our budget on a player that the manager has no intention of playing. We've been 4-0 up a few times and he's still not featured.
This has been this case for as long as I can remember, even when you've got Youth players, games are done and still no sign of players getting bled in.

The Club needs to turn a corner in it's approach in giving players a chance. Not due to unfortunate circumstances like King being involved because of Sands. He should be playing there over Sands regardless.

We don't know anything about Yilmaz but the signs are not promising, he had one of the worst debuts I have seen for a Rangers player but I will reserve judgement but not looking good when Borna is keeping him out the team
Also, I have big concerns about his lack of inches and physicality
Too late for that, we jumped in with 6 million pounds for him.

Defo a wilson signing and out the box to bring a player here from that part of the world.

After the peadodome last season and shitbaggery where calum mcgregor called him a s*itebag live on sly sports. He was finished for me.

Yilmaz will give us positivity and aggression, will to get forward link up play i feel we are missing.
Again, BB wants to get forward, see Osijek, Croatia and pre GvB. He is now deployed as almost a LCB - its perplexing!

Better player? What are you basing that opinion on?

Based on what he’s achieved in his career so far. He’s a great CV for a young player and we’ve not spent that cash for him to be a replacement left back.

He will likely take a few games to get going, but he should be persevered with to get to best ultimate place with this squad.

Again, BB wants to get forward, see Osijek, Croatia and pre GvB. He is now deployed as almost a LCB - its perplexing!

He would be far better at RM tbh, his defensive qualities are his weakest point, so why I ask myself, why do that to us and him.

I'm sure he'd be stronger going forward and tracking runners, instead of defending.
Borna going outside and Yilmaz cutting inside, which offers two points of penetration against deep defences.

At the cost of Kent, who tbh ain't doing enough.

Based on what he’s achieved in his career so far. He’s a great CV for a young player and we’ve not spent that cash for him to be a replacement left back.

He will likely take a few games to get going, but he should be persevered with to get to best ultimate place with this squad.
It's all about the next game at our club, always has been and always will be.

I'd like to think we can get some minutes for him after putting the game to bed on Saturday and again v Dundee.

Borna will/should start on Saturday.

To mucj ball watching and not actually paying attention to much attention to the player was,who had loads of space.
Scoolboy stuff.

Let’s not forget who Borna was up against last night? Agreed it wasn’t his finest performance but we also have to take it not account the opposition. Would Yilmaz have faired better?

Barisic continually runs away from his man, leads him further and further into the box and then he turns his back.

Great going forward but hes not brave enough defensively.

I want to see more of Yilmaz. We paid decent money.

So is he a decent player, or a Wilson flop.

Both Barisic and Kent both deserve to be dropped on Saturday as it’s just not happening. Borna is afraid to go forward and even when he does he puts the brakes on and passes the ball back into our defence. When was the last time he actually linked up with Kent on the left? Kent is the same just now where are the marauding runs and when was the last time he beat a player one one one? Give Yilmaz and possibly Matondo a go on the left let’s be brutally honest they cannot be any worse in what both Kent and Barisic are offering just now.

Dundee in the cup is when we should start him.
Borna was up against one of the world's top talents last night and got little or no cover from teammates so of course he was likely to struggle.
Fair enough mate, maybe harsh on Borna! Hopefully a good showing on Sat, few goals up and he can get some game time for some much needed minutes

It is ludicrous. A huge chunk of our budget on a player that the manager has no intention of playing. We've been 4-0 up a few times and he's still not featured.

Of course, we'll still have people on here claim Barisic is playing so exceptional that it is simply not possible for Yilmaz to feature at any point, even when we are coasting games.

It's about as clear a sign as you can get of our dysfunctional transfer dealings.
During one of his recent interviews Gio suggested that he had taken time to settle and was only now getting up to full speed. Reading between the lines I took that to mean home sickness and may not performing at the levels required in training. I'm going to imagine thats the reason we haven't seen him, but heres hoping we can get him up and running soon.

During one of his recent interviews Gio suggested that he had taken time to settle and was only now getting up to full speed. Reading between the lines I took that to mean home sickness and may not performing at the levels required in training. I'm going to imagine thats the reason we haven't seen him, but heres hoping we can get him up and running soon.
He looked poor on his debut so that would make sense.

Why did we sign him?

It's been said by Gio and the suits above that he was signed on a 5 year deal because he's going to be one for the future.

I'd love to see more of him because Barisic just doesn't fill you with confidence but that's what they've said.

Agreed.

Get him in the team on Saturday.

Borna could do with a rest anyway.

We don't know anything about Yilmaz but the signs are not promising, he had one of the worst debuts I have seen for a Rangers player but I will reserve judgement but not looking good when Borna is keeping him out the team
Also, I have big concerns about his lack of inches and physicality
I think Souttar outdone him on the worst debut front.

It's all about the next game at our club, always has been and always will be.

I'd like to think we can get some minutes for him after putting the game to bed on Saturday and again v Dundee.

Borna will/should start on Saturday.

And we've historically tried to get another year and another year from old pros, until the point that it is burst and needs rebuild.

Short termism cost us 10 in a row years ago and it is stifling the growth of the young players in this squad today.

We need to have a management team that has the balls to invest time in the future of our team, ultimately it will get us better results.

After the peadodome last season and shitbaggery where calum mcgregor called him a s*itebag live on sly sports. He was finished for me.

Yilmaz will give us positivity and aggression, will to get forward link up play i feel we are missing.
So your hanging the man after last night for something that happened last season.right ye are :rolleyes:

I keep hearing Borna is playing well.

Hes been a starter for a while now and cant remember a goal that hes made.

Rarely makes overlapping runs and always wants to go back. Goes missing for the big games.

Id like to see Ylimaz get a few full games under his belt and challenge him.

Cross for Colak against Dundee Utd, cross for Lawrence at Easter Road and his 'cross' against USG for Tillman.

I know he's just in the door but Yolmaz was really poor against Killie on his debut and wasn't much better against Queen of the South.

Cross for Colak against Dundee Utd, cross for Lawrence at Easter Road and his 'cross' against USG for Tillman.

I know he's just in the door but Yolmaz was really poor against Killie on his debut and wasn't much better against Queen of the South.
Yilmaz wasn't much better against Queen of the South? Are you sure you were watching the right game? He was one of the better players on the pitch and his goal assist for Arfield was absolute class. The way he commanded that wing and had that defender in his back pocket was very promising.

He was classes above that opposition and that is the problem. Gio has failed to utilise him more giving him vital game time, which is just one of the many mistakes he's made.

He's Turkeys best left back, he can hold his own soon as he's given a f***in chance.

Absolute rubbish, try watching the game with your blinkers off.
Are you saying Tav didn't constantly give away possession on numerous occassions or didn't get skinned down the flank at all .
No shame in it happening against the opposition we faced but it happened none the less so to single one man out is rubbish.
Lundstram was as poor as any by the way with poor touches and underhit passes on 3 or 4 ocassions and Stevie Davis not any better but the reality is,we don't have the same quality of player as liverpool.
Thats the short and tall of it .Smell the coffee

Yilmaz wasn't much better against Queen of the South? Are you sure you were watching the right game? He was one of the better players on the pitch and his goal assist for Arfield was absolute class. The way he commanded that wing and had that defender in his back pocket was very promising.

He was classes above tgsy opposition and that is the problem. Gio has failed to utilise him more giving him vital game time, which is just one of the many mistakes he's made.

He's Turkeys best left back, he can hold his own soon as he's given a f***in chance.

His assist on the night was very good against them but against a league one side in Scotland so he should stand out but I've not seen anything yet in those 2 games from him that merits a start. He's not Turkeys left back either he hasn't played for them since May didn't play a single minute for them in that break.

Who will replace tav as it was his worse
Who will replace Kent, Davis, tilman let's round on borna
Tav had a hard game as there was no one playing infront of him, when Sakala came on he was a lot better.

Kent should be benched, Davis will be and so will Tillman, I would start Jack and the front 3 who ended the game last night.

His assist on the night was very good against them but against a league one side in Scotland so he should stand out but I've not seen anything yet in those 2 games from him that merits a start. He's not Turkeys left back either he hasn't played for them since March didn't play a single minute for them in that break.
But this is the point I'm making. You're not giving the guy credit for his worth in the position he's in. I already said he was classes above QoS. The fact that he's not been given opportunity in any game since then this season is unacceptable. Yes, Borna has played okay so far, certainly not last night though. There is no reason he can't be subbed off or given a run out to get game time. Dare I say it even start. Did Morelos not start ahead of the leagues top goalscorer.. He shouldn't have. Colak came closest to scoring.

Yilmaz sitting on the bench is both to his detriment and Rangers. The reason for that is nobody but Gio.

But this is the point I'm making. You're not giving the guy credit for his worth in the position he's in. I already said he was classes above QoS. The fact that he's not been given opportunity in any game since then this season is unacceptable. Yes, Borna has played okay so far, certainly not last night though. There is no reason he can't be subbed off or given a run out to get game time. Dare I say it even start. Did Morelos not start ahead of the leagues top goalscorer.. He shouldn't have. Colak came closest to scoring.

Yilmaz sitting on the bench is both to his detriment and Rangers. The reason for that is nobody but Gio.

To be honest it's hard to say given we have no idea what Yilmaz is like in training on a daily basis but he's clearly not doing enough there to start or get game time. I wouldn't be judging Borna against one of the best players around in Salah either given he gives any left back he faces problems but I will say in Borna's defence he's constantly exposed either because Kent doesn't work hard enough to help him out or Gio instructs him not to leaving him 2 on 1 everytime. Same thing happened at Tynecastle at the weekend as it did last night.

I think on the whole Borna has been OK this season but from what we've saw of Yilmaz so far I wouldn't be dropping Borna for him. I would have also played Alfie last night ahead of Colak better out ball and all round game than Colak that you need away from home in games like last night not his fault he got no support all night.

My only concern re starting a lot of different players Saturday is Celtic did that vs st mirren has it cost them. If changing players it can’t be whole of left defence etc. need to keep a bit of consistency and really use the 5 subs early to get a lotta time in legs coming on
Definite risk, but our schedule to the WC means we have to rotate.

To be honest it's hard to say given we have no idea what Yilmaz is like in training on a daily basis but he's clearly not doing enough there to start or get game time. I wouldn't be judging Borna against one of the best players around in Salah either given he gives any left back he faces problems but I will say in Borna's defence he's constantly exposed either because Kent doesn't work hard enough to help him out or Gio instructs him not to leaving him 2 on 1 everytime. Same thing happened at Tynecastle at the weekend as it did last night.

I think on the whole Borna has been OK this season but from what we've saw of Yilmaz so far I wouldn't be dropping Borna for him. I would have also played Alfie last night ahead of Colak better out ball and all round game than Colak that you need away from home in games like last night not his fault he got no support all night.
Borna has been such an average player for us that shitty spl teams target him.

I'm not saying dropping Borna at all. You're basing him not getting game time in your faith in the management. I have no faith in Gio. I've watched the guy a bit from Besiktas too, I know he's good enough to play the league and should have been brought on against Liverpool.

People will always disagree. It's frustrating it's taking this long to prove the point because GIO won't play him.

I'll just wait till he eventually gets a game and starts playing as a sub or otherwise..possibly by a new manager. It should stop the negativity around him fairly quickly after that's done

Borna has been such an average player for us that shitty spl teams target him.

Cause they know Kent isn't going to work back the way to help him out like we saw at the weekend. Outwith the tims game I would say the only goal domestically he's been at fault for was the Livingston goal along with Souttar neither covered themselves in glory.

I'm not saying dropping Borna at all. You're basing him not getting game time in your faith in the management. I have no faith in Gio. I've watched the guy a bit from Besiktas too, I know he's good enough to play the league and should have been brought on against Liverpool.

People will always disagree. It's frustrating it's taking this long to prove the point because GIO won't play him.

I'll just wait till he eventually gets a game and starts playing as a sub or otherwise..possibly by a new manager. It should stop the negativity around him fairly quickly after that's done

I have no faith in Gio either so not sure where you get that opinion from I wanted him gone after the defeat at the Piggery. There's obviously reasons we aren't privy to as why he's not playing maybe he will be asked about it but when Gio gives an arrogant response like he did when questioned on where Davies was then I suspect we would get similar around Yilmaz.

Cause they know Kent isn't going to work back the way to help him out like we saw at the weekend. Outwith the tims game I would say the only goal domestically he's been at fault for was the Livingston goal along with Souttar neither covered themselves in glory.
maybe they know he's a serial bottler and very weak at defending.

Barisic continually runs away from his man, leads him further and further into the box and then he turns his back.

Great going forward but hes not brave enough defensively.

I want to see more of Yilmaz. We paid decent money.

So is he a decent player, or a Wilson flop.
Defends like me trying to trap a massive spider in the house.

Back away, back away, try not to look scared and pounce when they least expect it :D

Except the spider always gets a cross in when it's Borna.

And we've historically tried to get another year and another year from old pros, until the point that it is burst and needs rebuild.

Short termism cost us 10 in a row years ago and it is stifling the growth of the young players in this squad today.

We need to have a management team that has the balls to invest time in the future of our team, ultimately it will get us better results.
It's a balancing act mate.

Why have we spunked the majority of our budget on a player, that doesn’t play. Fucking stupidity
I kinda agree with this. A year from now we might be saying what a bargain Yilmaz was, however when you look at that midfield last night it was clear where the majority of our budget should have been spent

Waste of money if he doesn’t kick a ball for us. He needs to play games. Whoever signed him must rate him, we can’t be signing players at that fee to leave them out the team.
That might be the problem, Wilson signed him, and Gios not keen.

Last year I argued that Borna was a better player than Bassey which caused a lot of debate. However since the filth game last year (3-0) he has regressed so far its damned embarrassing and there is nothing I have seen so far this season changes my mind. He needs dropped and Yilmaz give a run in the team as I am sick to the back teeth of how he defends and apart from 1 or 2 crosses this season he has been pretty average to rubbish. The only thing that's given him credit is that others have maybe been slightly worse.

That might be the problem, Wilson signed him, and Gios not keen.
Everybody shouting for the boy to play are basing this on....what exactly?
Certainly not what he's produced so far, or is it? To me, he looked like a boy playing a man's game. He produced a lovely piece of skill against QoS but other than that ?????

Surely the game to now play him is Saturday, Borna's worst performance this season, although i do get that he has been consistent. I Think it's the perfect chance to freshen it up and give Yilmaz the time he needs to prove himself.
Play him in front of Borna and Matondo on left too
McGregor
Tav Goldson Davies Barisic

Jack Lundstrum Yilmaz

Sakala Colak Matondo

Who will replace tav as it was his worse
Who will replace Kent, Davis, tilman let's round on borna
It’s not about picking on borna, it’s the fact we have a £6m player on the bench that nobody knows if he’s any good or not cos he doesn’t get a chance, I get that BB has been our best performer but that’s not a great accolade at this point with us. If we had £6m replacements on the bench file Kent, Tav, dabs and Tillman I’d want them in too.

Mate I'm a big Kent supporter but he is a shadow of himself and needs took out the team
I'd be tempted to try Borna and Yilmaz together on the left. Surely it's no coincidence that Borna's best games tend to be at the same time as Kent is on his game.
When Kent is flying he also doubles back and helps cover Borna. I haven't seen enough of Yilmaz yet but he looks fast and tricky and could cause problems for defenders.
Let's face it, Yilmaz can't be any worse than Kent is at the moment.

Back