You'll not get a tougher opening day fixture.

You could see that the pitch ruined all play. Every pass took a second or two longer than usual to bring under control as it bobbled and bounced.

Said it before: if you are a professional team that cannot maintain a grass pitch, shut up shop. Football isn't for you

One of the hardest away grounds, we won’t need to go back there for a long time now, hopefully not at all if they finish bottom 6. Horrible horrible place to play, not helped by cheating officials, but 3 points is all that matters.
I think we do have to play there again no matter what. Even if they finished bottom 6 we will still need to play them 2 more times. The next one at Ibrox and then need to go back to theirs.

Agree with the OP. Those pitches are not conducive to good football, particularly when they are dry. I was thinking any win would be a good result today. Wasnt concerned about winning at a canter. Would have bit your hand off for a 1 nil win, with no injuries, pre-game.

I think we do have to play there again no matter what. Even if they finished bottom 6 we will still need to play them 2 more times. The next one at Ibrox and then need to go back to theirs.
This is the case

We've been stiffed for this fixture list. Think we have to visit Easter Road, Almondvale, Tynecastle and Pittodrie twice each this season pre split. Not to mention the scum hut.

If top 6 is composed of us, them, Livi, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, then best believe the SPFL will be working their magic to make sure we visit a bogey ground for a third time

we made it hard for ourselves, any other week with that amount of possesion,with that amount of crosses into the box ,we would be looking to score 4 or 5,

In golf, they talk about strokes gained against the field. 3 pts at the hovel is definitely strokes gained.
I use a golf scoring method to see how I think we are playing.

Away to Livingston is one where a draw is probably a par result. A win is a birdie.

We're -1 for the season.

Other places we can gain a stroke are Hibs away, Aberdeen away, Hearts away, Old firms, and depending on how they are this season, possibly Dundee Hibs away.

That dry pitch vs 11 men behind the ball.

Any 3 points at that ground does me.

We will be fitter and sharper after today.
The fact the bastards did not water it made our players cagey in that first half especially and i think the bounce of the ball foxed souter , however we are still not clinical enough in the box , the filth are putting us to shame in this aspect , this needs to change

The fact the bastards did not water it made our players cagey in that first half especially and i think the bounce of the ball foxed souter , however we are still not clinical enough in the box , the filth are putting us to shame in this aspect , this needs to change
Sad days when they dont water to discourage football on the deck.

Scottish football in a nutshell.

I use a golf scoring method to see how I think we are playing.

Away to Livingston is one where a draw is probably a par result. A win is a birdie.

We're -1 for the season.

Other places we can gain a stroke are Hibs away, Aberdeen away, Hearts away, Old firms, and depending on how they are this season, possibly Dundee Hibs away.
Nah.
Any points dropped are a major problem this season. Us and them won’t drop more than 10 points between us to the rest of the division this season such is the gulf

Yeah think so.

At any point in the season, we always get frustrated going away to Livi. It's one of those games where you can sense points being dropped. Good to get it out of the way

Nah.
Any points dropped are a major problem this season. Us and them won’t drop more than 10 points between us to the rest of the division this season such is the gulf
How many did we drop when we won the league without losing a game?

Sad days when they dont water to discourage football on the deck.

Scottish football in a nutshell.

Nonsense. They are a team that spent pennies compared to us. You would try any means necessary to make it a level playing field.

Why would you give the advantage to a team who have better footballers in every position?

You could see that the pitch ruined all play. Every pass took a second or two longer than usual to bring under control as it bobbled and bounced.

Said it before: if you are a professional team that cannot maintain a grass pitch, shut up shop. Football isn't for you

I remember Kent, facing our goal, running from their 18-yard box(second-half), taking a touch from a high bounce on his thigh, knee, then the outside of his boot and finally the toe to control. I'm betting at Ibrox that bounces for one touch to his toe and he's away.

The Livi player needed all those touches to get near Ryan and still Kent got it away. Consider our League telling Livi to get that pitch to fvck and how much easier our players can then express their talent...without even the worry of injury into the bargain of ease of movement considered...

Nonsense. They are a team that spent pennies compared to us. You would try any means necessary to make it a level playing field.

Why would you give the advantage to a team who have better footballers in every position?

Standards mate. I look forwards to the dry, shagpile carpets at the next Euros or Champions League.

These dangerous abominations need chased. I'd be suprised if Livi's big centre-forward didn't go off because of that surface...he was down long enough before his substitution. Kilmarnock's pitch has left us reeling many a time and been responsible for our lads coming up short.

This is the case

We've been stiffed for this fixture list. Think we have to visit Easter Road, Almondvale, Tynecastle and Pittodrie twice each this season pre split. Not to mention the scum hut.

If top 6 is composed of us, them, Livi, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, then best believe the SPFL will be working their magic to make sure we visit a bogey ground for a third time
It’s not about working their magic.

If the top six is

Rangers
Bheasts
Sheep
Hearts
Hibs
Livi

Then there is no choice but for us to visit two grounds for a third time. We will be home x3 and away x2. Same way if last season that was the top six we’d have played 2 of them at home for a third time.

Standards mate. I look forwards to the dry, shagpile carpets at the next Euros or Champions League.

These dangerous abominations need chased. I'd be suprised if Livi's big centre-forward didn't go off because of that surface...he was down long enough before his substitution. Kilmarnock's pitch has left us reeling many a time and been responsible for our lads coming up short.

They pitches are an absolute disgrace but it si what it is.

Standards is a load of rubbish to be honest. They have to use any means possible to make it a leveller and I dont blame them to be honest.

Their pitch is their fault and do blame them. SHould not be allowed in top flight football.

I’m hopeful Matando will change that, not on his own of course

It’s not about working their magic.

If the top six is

Rangers
Bheasts
Sheep
Hearts
Hibs
Livi

Then there is no choice but for us to visit two grounds for a third time. We will be home x3 and away x2. Same way if last season that was the top six we’d have played 2 of them at home for a third time.
Say what you will, but I find it convenient at best that those are the away fixtures we've been given

Said on a group chat when watching the game

Never mind smoke bombs and photo,next time we should bring a few thousand water bombs for that farce of a pitch

Livi well organised and grafted. We were a few starters short this time last year that is the kind of game we drew.

Any win on that pitch is good.

With our shambles of a league we"ll have to go there twice and they might not, hopefully we make it easier for ourselves next time

That fixture always produces the most turgid football out of any of the other grounds that I’ve seen. I really don’t think those pitches should be allowed.

The hubs guys says he wants to double revenues for the league in 5 years

First thing to be done is ban these pitches I’ve never seen a good game in them ever

Back