You'll not get a tougher opening day fixture.

USG - (A)
Killie - (H)
USG - (H)
St Johnstone- (H)
Hopeful UCL qualifier (H/A)

All before we go away from home in the league again, to a rank hibs side.

A great mix of games to get us right into our stride all going well.
Today was all about the +3

You could see that the pitch ruined all play. Every pass took a second or two longer than usual to bring under control as it bobbled and bounced.

Said it before: if you are a professional team that cannot maintain a grass pitch, shut up shop. Football isn't for you

I watched the B team v East Kilbride and EK had a better looking pitch.

Did they actually cover the pitch to stop it getting wet from the rain?

What sort of back water do we play in? There should be a rule that if you do use one of those rotten pitches you at least have to water it

Did they actually cover the pitch to stop it getting wet from the rain?

What sort of back water do we play in? There should be a rule that if you do use one of those rotten pitches you at least have to water it
Totally agree, being saying the same myself all day. Absolute joke that teams are allowed to have this ability to influence a game. Not to mention the increased chance of injury.

That dry pitch vs 11 men behind the ball.

Any 3 points at that ground does me.

We will be fitter and sharper after today.
Early goal suited them even more in their pack the middle of the park tactics plus the refs clearly a Tim way half them decisions

First thing gio should be telling our defenders is don’t let the ball bounce on these surfaces simple solution to avoid conversing goals like today

The playing surface was appalling! There should be a minimum standard if you have to play on that fake crap, water it at a minimum!

A few times the ball bounced towards the bye line and literally stopped dead…never bounced forward out of play!

First competitive game, count the points, No Injuries and move on.

Livi, like Killie is just an awful place to play football. An embarrassment for our league we have these shambolic and dangerous surfaces. The fact they intentionally do not water them, which again, makes them more dangerous is a disgrace. Would love both clubs relegated.

It was the colour of the pitch that threw me off today. Normally plastic pitches look a shiny grey-green. That Livi pitch looked more brown/green. Weird, almost as if it had dried out too much with the weather.

How long is astro turf supposed to last?

You only have to look at the scums dire record there when they were winning everything. Even us dropping points in 20/21. Imagine going their needing a win to win the league? Probably be the last ground id pick.

Hopefully we’ve came out of it with no injuries from that pitch, it’s pure and simply dangerous, terrible advert for the first game on TV.

Plastic pitches should be banned and failing that Refs should inspect the pitch before the match/at half time and order the club to water it or they will cancel the game.
That said the scum seem to drop more points at livi than us so decent result.

Artificial pitches should have no place in top flight football and in the back drop that is Scottish football our players are subjected to the dangers of them far too often.

We should be talking about the football, not the fact, that we are happy to come away with 3 points, purely because of the pitch they were gained on.

Horrible surfaces, GTTF.......

I thought they give us a good game defended well hit us on the counter but we kept at it & got the result

I get the surface is shite but as an away ground livi is basically a home game, we have 90% of the crowd which can really drive the team on.

Think there could have been a lot of worse grounds to go to on the opening day

Yes the pitch is rubbish, but their best player was signed from Aldershot and spent last year on loan at Arbroath.

They pay 2% of what we do.

The pitch should never be allowed in top standard football.
but we should be more worried about manner of their goal.
long ball to our left back is a hint to our management.

That dry pitch vs 11 men behind the ball.

Any 3 points at that ground does me.

We will be fitter and sharper after today.
The fact they don’t water it for games against us, and grudgingly the tims, should see them heavily fined. They are making it even more of an injury minefield. It's cheating and yet another reason why no one in their right minds will ever sign off on a major tv or sponsorship deal.

Just glad we got out of there with 3 points and no apparent injuries. Horrible ,horrible pitch.
Sure I read the Scum have only one there once there since 2007, so with any luck they will get more injuries than points there ;)

The fact they don’t water it for games against us, and grudgingly the tims, should see them heavily fined. They are making it even more of an injury minefield. It's cheating and yet another reason why no one in their right minds will ever sign off on a major tv or sponsorship deal.
This was my thoughts exactly yesterday! Standards should be met for a playing surface! I understand teams will use every trick in the book. But as a brand Scottish football is pish and that sort of showing on TV is simply not doing the league any favours!

Back