Your ideas for sub-forums and designs etc

Am I alone in thinking that it is quite nice to have the football talk mixed with the usual Lounge content? It is more natural and everythingh is in one place, (also you dont get the whole 'can admin move this to the lounge' or shouts of 'wrong forum'). The likes of F365 works really well in this format.

Cab we please get the font changed to something sans-serif? :)

Click the highlighted button and either choose your font of choice, or highlight your post once written and change the whole lot at once

Screenshot_2017-09-08_at_12.30.33_-_Edited.png

Screenshot_2017-09-08_at_12.30.41_-_Edited.png

:)

I agree, the best forums are the ones that are streamlined without 100 different forum rooms.

Keep it small and un-cluttered.

We need to have a supporters club call and ticket section otherwise they'd get lost other places.

But agree there needs to be less forums. The gambling forum was only used by a small amount of people I reckon a thread in the lounge would be more active.

Techie stuff could also go into the lounge.

Ideally - Rangers, Other Football, Other Sport, Lounge, Ticket Office, RSC page, Misc (jncluding FF football games, maybe military history, aliens etc!)

Earlier in this thread I said I was only interested in the football chat, however I've enjoyed some of the topics that would normally be in the lounge. I expect I'll visit the lounge more often than I did previously.
I'm not adverse to EoL's suggestions above.

Am I alone in thinking that it is quite nice to have the football talk mixed with the usual Lounge content? It is more natural and everythingh is in one place, (also you dont get the whole 'can admin move this to the lounge' or shouts of 'wrong forum'). The likes of F365 works really well in this format.
This forum is too busy for it. And being a Rangers forum its far too easy for Rangers topics to get lost. Theres posts from this morning already on page 4.

Any timescale for the off-topic section?

The forum is a nightmare for those using it who just want to keep updated with Rangers and football. The front page is dominated by rubbish like "do you take beans with a fry up?" I mean, come on...

The last few days have shown that we need sub forums...things vanish from front page so quickly and we can't make everything a sticky. Board is too busy for one page.

It is a pain in the arse to be honest. Too much wading to get to what you want.

I don't actually mind it but if we get beat and the whole forum is took up with threads about the Manager/Team / Individual players then it's good to be able to click on the lounge!

I think it's a bit of a mess to be honest. It's murder trying to find a thread. Can only imagine how bad it would be on a busy weekend.

I think that there should only be one specific Celtic thread though... Sometimes you'd go into the bear pit and there would be silly amounts of threads on them.

I think it's just 2 convoluted with just one. It I think 2 , football and non football would be plenty !

Is there going to be a lounge . I never used to post in the old forum so never got into the lounge . Football and the other stuff should be separate IMHO

I haven't read through the whole thread.So if this has been mentioned then apologies.

However Deedle used to bemoan how much of a missed opportunity The Lounge was in terms of activism and defending the Protestant ethos if you like. It was a very valid point.

I am not sure how you would define it but perhaps an area where we could have informed debate on how the club is perceived-how we move things forward etc -a political sub section around Rangers and Rangers fans.

I like it the way it is just now

Betting could go in the bear pit easily
Techie in the lounge

I think we need a dedicated Tech forum. Folks use it when they are seeking help - the Lounge, like the Bear Pit -fills up so quickly that any poster starting a thread in their pleading for help would quickly disappear two or even three pages down.

Tickets in another 'must have'.

I don't gamble so I'm not overly fussed about a Betting forum but if the demand is there fair enough.

A separate forum for non-Rangers football-related stuff is a difficult one. Many other clubs sites do it that way. Based on early experience of the Bear Pit on this format I'd say it is a good idea. However, that was before the Lounge was opened and the Bear Pit was just awash with new threads on all sorts of topics filling up the front page in minutes. Maybe that is one to hold fire on for a wee while to see how things settle down once the Lounge is bedded-in - but I wouldn't necessarily be against it, though I do like all the football-related stuff in one place.

I'd like to see a more subtle skin for those of us that spend a fair amount of our working day on here

A Rangers History Forum. For old photographs and all those stories about our past players. A sort of online Museum if you like.

Too many sub forums is a pest. It keeps rubbish threads on the main page for days and when you're bored at work and looking for updates you have to hunt for something interesting across different sub forums. Too many people post the same inane nonsense in the bear pit constantly so it's only natural selection when they disappear off the page straight away.

The way it was previously was best but I agree different skins would be a great addition.

Maybe the ability to view the most 'liked' posts for the day/week/month.
Some great posts can be missed.

Back