Your work if Scotland reached a final.

PunkScott

How do you reckon they'd deal with it?

At my work stocktake is World Cup final day and I asked the boss if there was a contingency plan if England got to the final. He laughed and said, "Well, all the bosses would have to in all day to get it done".
He probably meant it as well.

Could you imagine a once in a lifetime occurrence and missing it because something that could wait a day needed to be done?

If your work is like mine they have a deadline for the stock take and always leave it until the very last minute so their figures look better as they figure they’ll sell more parts in the week leading up to it

If my work was in Scotland I would say they’d offer people the chance to work hours back if they wanted to be off to see the final. They’d say take leave if you wanted the next day off.

I’m anticipating that’s what they’d do if England get there this year.

My work allowed people to take sabaticals to be volunteers at the London Olympics, as long as the business wasn't too affected by the individual being off for a month.

In the incredibly unlikely event it ever happened, the only people in the country in work would be bar staff and the emergency services. Everything else could wait and people just wouldn't show up.

If my work were being arsey about time off for Rangers in a European final, I’d phone in sick and accept the consequences, as I’m sure a few would have done in 2008.

Don’t give a shite about Scotland.

Your kidding aren't you? Wee Nikla would declare a day's holiday for all surely. Of course she would pay business back with moonbeams and unicorn shit which I believe is solid gold! I think you are talking Scotland down ;)

If Scotland made a World Cup final and I missed it, I’d survive.

If Rangers made another European final and I missed it, I’d be inconsolable. Although, if we did make another euro final and my boss didn’t give me it off, I’d just quit my job.

Ultimately, Rangers first.

My work is Mon-Fri so there wouldn't be a problem.

I'd be the only one there on the Monday though as I don't watch Scotland.

My work is Mon-Fri so there wouldn't be a problem.

I'd be the only one there on the Monday though as I don't watch Scotland.
Staunch, but wouldn't you want to watch just to cheer on the opposition and hopefully enjoy the desolation of the 'tranny army'? You could watch it with a soap dodger; you in an England shirt, him in an Ireland shirt, and cheer on the opposition together.

Staunch, but wouldn't you want to watch just to cheer on the opposition and hopefully enjoy the desolation of the 'tranny army'? You could watch it with a soap dodger; you in an England shirt, him in an Ireland shirt, and cheer on the opposition together.

Na you're alright lieutenant. Probably just go a wee day out with the family and take advantage of it being quiet.

Id honestly love to watch it buy beers in have a big bbq. With friends and family make a real day of it. But fear it would be hijacked by all the anti union anti English tartan tranny rangers hating SNP %^*& Muppets. So would probably avoid the build up and just watch the game on my phone at work. I'll honestly never forgive those bastard's for ruining my love of Scotland I hope they are fucking happy. Embarrassments every last scummy one of them.

Any Scots on here suggesting they wouldn't be bothered if Scotland got to a World Cup Final are surely at it.

What if pigs flew and Scotland got to a final with a spine of Rangers in the team?

Id honestly love to watch it buy beers in have a big bbq. With friends and family make a real day of it. But fear it would be hijacked by all the anti union anti English tartan tranny rangers hating SNP %^*& Muppets. So would probably avoid the build up and just watch the game on my phone at work. I'll honestly never forgive those bastard's for ruining my love of Scotland I hope they are fucking happy. Embarrassments every last scummy one of them.

Out of curiosity, would more Rangers players in the team make a difference?
I think it would for me if I was cheering Dorrans, Jack, McCrorie, Murphy and Cummings banging them in against the opposition I'd feel better.

Any Scots on here suggesting they wouldn't be bothered if Scotland got to a World Cup Final are surely at it.

What if pigs flew and Scotland got to a final with a spine of Rangers in the team?
Still support England and staunchly refuse to watch. Get it right up the Jocks; they all reek of haggis anyway......and, and, and.....tranny army.:rolleyes:

Anyone that says they would not watch Scotland in a world cup final are liars.. I cannot go the Scottish football team the now but would still watch.

8zlf6s.jpg

I'd close my entire business operation down for the day if Scotland reached the WCF.

Of course it helps being self employed working from home !

Self employed, I'd watch it if I couldn't attend. I've missed a few games in the past through work and women..no more. The Tartan Army are still a shower of numpties though.

Anyone that says they would not watch Scotland in a world cup final are liars.. I cannot go the Scottish football team the now but would still watch.

The consensus is that people wouldn’t care if they missed it. I think some people really underestimate the level of apathy amongst the Rangers support when it comes to the national team. Mainly down to the national team being synonymous with so many things anti-Rangers.

The consensus is that people wouldn’t care if they missed it. I think some people really underestimate the level of apathy amongst the Rangers support when it comes to the national team. Mainly down to the national team being synonymous with so many things anti-Rangers.
There's no way that apathy would include a run to a World Cup final. I don't believe it. Very few people wouldn't be watching; most people who have no interest in football would watch that game.

I work for an English based company and we are in the retail sector.

If England make the Final they have said the stores will remain open, albeit on a reduced staffing. IF Scotland made the final I would close the store.

Out of curiosity, would more Rangers players in the team make a difference?
I think it would for me if I was cheering Dorrans, Jack, McCrorie, Murphy and Cummings banging them in against the opposition I'd feel better.
I get where you are coming from bud it's just hard. To get up for the national team as the governing body pretty much threw us to the wolves. Also feels like a whole country is against us most days. I'd like to think more rangers players in the national team would help. But tbh I'm honestly not sure anymore.

Exactly. There's a couple of strange people on this thread who seem to want to argue about this and are actually arrogant enough to tell us that "oh no, you would care". I'm quite happy to leave them to support Scotland, I'm not sure why they care so much that alot of us now don't.

If Scotland got to the World Cup final, my job as a unicorn trainer in the land of Narnia wouldn't stop me from attending. I'd travel there on my magic carpet although I don't actually need it as I myself can fly.
Early morning ching ?

Hopefully happens.

Means I’d get a overtime shift with everyone being off.

We haven't even qualified for the finals in 20 years. If that continues any longer, just qualifying for the tournament will warrant a national holiday, let alone reaching the final itself.

What an awful scenario. The nats would declare a national holiday. Sturgefish would be parading around Scotland in an open top bus wearing a see you Jimmy wig. The whole think doesn't bear thinking about.

Will never happen, thankfully.
Such a miraculous occurrence would not be about the football, it would be seized by nationalists for political gain.
Where you worked would be irrelevant as the natzis would command all work places, apart from emergency services etc, to close.
Any business that didn't would be branded a traitor and face abuse and harassment.

I couldn’t care less. I have zero interest in the SFA 11 after what the football authorities have done to us over the last 6 or so years.

I work somewhere that provides 24/7 emergency cover so people would need to work.

I'd imagine they would ask for volunteers and would get it covered as it's mostly women

Also, this must be the most hypothetical thread ever to grace the internet:D

I was backshift when we were in the UEFA cup final and the work said the backshift guys could do a normal dayshift if they wanted to see the match. Didn't affect me as I had a ticket for the game.
That was a large well known aero engine manufacturer though, might be different with a small company.

Back