Youths beat Partick Thistle

Pity that McPake the manager could not recognise and use to his advantage McPake the player.

I went to Firhill tonight, Thistle scored in about 30 seconds after a mix up with our goalie & one of our central defenders.
After that one way traffic, I don't think Thistle had a shot on goal.
Standout for me young Kennedy especially in the first half, Maxwell at left back & the captain I think that might have been Mayo number 6
Macpake took his goals well & probably should have had more but Thistle defended well ,they didn't put a first team out but a lot of their team had first team experience ( I was talking to a guy I know at half time, Thistle ST holder)
We played well and deserved the win
Never heard of a Thistle ST holder, thought it was an old wives tale

Josh out on loan again or will he get a look in the rest of the season?

Unlikely he'll be anywhere close to the 1sr team this season mate.

He's a good prospect, but found the Scottish Championship a bit tough at Dundee.

He's a good prospect, but found the Scottish Championship a bit tough at Dundee.
They played a flat 4-4-2 and were terrible. I would give him the benefit of the doubt on that loan.

I don't think it helped being in a team that was struggling. Loan players always seem to miss out in those situations.
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some game time off the bench for us in the second half of the season.

I think he deserves a chance given the form of Ojo and Barker
Played solo striker tonight . Tbh wasn’t his best performance but 2 goals tells a positive story as if you do that when feeling like you can do a lot better then what’s not to admire .

Kennedy is super talented and was just so tight in his quality for the entire game it was impossible not to be highly impressed .

Big hup too to Ben Williamson , played left CM and was vvg . Also comes from an age group below the main guys .

Last edited:
Report on tonight's game

Played solo striker tonight . Tbh wasn’t his best performance but 2 goals tells a positive story as if you do that when feeling like you can do a lot better then what’s not to admire .

Kennedy is super talented and was just so tight in his quality for the entire game it was impossible not to be highly impressed .

Big hup too to Ben Williamson , played left CM and was vvg . Also comes from an age group below the main guys .
Said in his post match interview his confidence has been loan after not getting much game time at Dundee, but coming back and getting goals has helped him.

Still the biggest talent in our Academy IMO.

Have to be very careful about what we do next with him.

Are people just flooding threads with short comments to get their count up for lounge access?

Anyway, well done young bears. Good win :S

Some players just don't suit loans and are better being developed with the first team and coaching staff here, that might be the case with McPake.

Well done to the young bears. Hadn’t realised McPake was back from his loan. Assuming since Patterson didn’t play he will likely feature tomorrow then

From their starting line up they have 42 first team appearances this season between Sneddon, Slater, Harkins, Austin, Mansell & Jones.

Good to see Josh back amongst the goals. His spell at Dens Park could have dented his confidence

Thistle had six players who have been in and out of their first team all season. After our keeper made his mistake to gift the first goal, Thistle didn’t make a chance. At times we maybe had too many touches on the ball, but that is the way that they are taught to play. Not once was the ball cleared aimlessly up the park.

On a different note, I can’t find any of the other Glasgow cup fixtures. Anyone any ideas?

From their starting line up they have 42 first team appearances this season between Sneddon, Slater, Harkins, Austin, Mansell & Jones.

Sneddon was keeper ? He done well didn’t he .

Thought rangers CM gave harkins a roasting overall especially Williamson and even more so as 2H ran on .

What you think of Lewis Mayo playing defensive CM mate ? Is it just to learn or are they seeing it as a genuine possibility in longer term ?

Back