Youths beat Partick Thistle

Would love to see Josh kick on again now that he’s back from Dundee. Will be interesting to see how he does when preseason comes around

Thistle had six players who have been in and out of their first team all season. After our keeper made his mistake to gift the first goal, Thistle didn’t make a chance. At times we maybe had too many touches on the ball, but that is the way that they are taught to play. Not once was the ball cleared aimlessly up the park.

On a different note, I can’t find any of the other Glasgow cup fixtures. Anyone any ideas?
They had a few incursions plus two from rangers errors which caused a little heat .

Rangers focus and professionalism in controlling the match was good .

They had a few incursions plus two from rangers errors which caused a little heat .

Rangers focus and professionalism in controlling the match was good .
I’d agree with that, but I think the only touches our goalie had with his hands were to gather an over-hit cross and to punch a near-post cross away.

Might be good for McPake just to be playing weekly at the moment given he's spent much of the season watching games.

Suggestions of first team involvement are a bit premature I think, Murty pointed out post-match that Josh has come a long way in a short space of time and we have to be careful with him. Kennedy would seem to be the first in line anyway, if Gerrard is looking at the youths for an attacking option...

Murtys post match interview.

wish they would put the frigging score in the description! So frustrating sometimes trying to work it out out from the comments.

Also, didn't see any promotion of this game at all.

Great result and Hopefully some of the young team can make the breakthrough to the 1st team to save on transfers!

McPake still very young. He’d be best staying here for the rest of the season to learn. The youth team have some big games to play still.

Good to also see young striker Robbie Ure who's 15 included in the squad for this match, part of the league winning U16 squad and SuperCup NI winners earlier in the season and came on for his debut with 5 mins to go..

kick on young man..

Congratulations. Hopefully more silverware bound for the trophy cabinet and install the Rangers winning mentality in the youngsters.

Didn't know this game was on, good result and from the reports another good performance. Glad to see McPake back in the fold as well.

McPake always seems to do well, anyone know if hes close to making first team thinking

There seems to be a real feel good factor about us at the moment and that is from the youth right through.

Long may it continue

I went to Firhill tonight, Thistle scored in about 30 seconds after a mix up with our goalie & one of our central defenders.
After that one way traffic, I don't think Thistle had a shot on goal.
Standout for me young Kennedy especially in the first half, Maxwell at left back & the captain I think that might have been Mayo number 6
Macpake took his goals well & probably should have had more but Thistle defended well ,they didn't put a first team out but a lot of their team had first team experience ( I was talking to a guy I know at half time, Thistle ST holder)
We played well and deserved the win

Cheers for the match summary bud. Appreciated.

Great result considering we lost a goal so early. Loads of positives coming from the club, making a refreshing change after the last few years.

If McPake isn’t going to be going back to Dundee on loan, then he should be getting in the match day 18 on occasion.

Would rather have him as the 18th man than Barker.

That was an excellent result by the Young Gers. A special word for Graeme Murty and his coaching team, they are doing an excellent job in developing the youngsters. Mr Murty had his limitations as first team manager but I’m very impressed by the way the young Rangers team have progressed. The youth coaches seem to work closely with the first team coaches to coordinate the style of play and tactics which will make integrating the young players who will hopefully be making their way into the first team in the near future.

Back