Zander Clark linked

Sorry mate, thought you were saying we shouldn't be signing 2nd best in the league (whoever that is :D)

Bachman was 2nd best when we were linked with him. Then it was Kelly, then Lewis now Clark.

I'm not saying Clark is a poor keeper, was more on about the support loving a signing and saying any thing to justify it.

FWIW, if Clark is the lad that was with QoS when we were in the lower leagues, he always looked good down there. I watched him against the bheggars and he was saving every thing.

Foderingham is the 2nd best keeper in Scotland for me but he deserves to be playing 1st team football so I'd allow him to leave. Alnwick I would move on and not too sure about Firth - wouldn't feel comfortable with him as number 2.

This.

Linking articles to them, HITC and that other Scottish football one should be banned.
They remind me of that page on the old teletext, if you remember it.
£50 a minute for zilch.
They spent the first minute thanking you for calling and told you the number you’d just called!
We called it one night from our mates flat.
Still goes on about it.

What is it with the young team and Zander FFS.

Alex, Alec, Eck and Sandy are all acceptable versions of Alexander.

Zander is not.

If we sign clean shaven St J Keeper Alex Clark I could get behind it.

He was at Rangers as a kid, Sinclair said he was "too small to be a goalkeeper". Was also at Celtic and Hamilton Accies.
Sinclair has cost us a lot when you look at the players who have been rejected at an early age. Sinclair showed up great on the Sunderland documentary with Bain

It would be a good signing but why would he want to sit on the bench for most of the season when he can play more or less every game for St Johnstone?
He's a very good keeper exactly the type of player we should be targeting, young with experience and bags of potential, and a good Rangers supporter, he could be loaned back to his club for a season while training with us. I for one would be very happy with Zander Clark signing for us.

Sinclair has cost us a lot when you look at the players who have been rejected at an early age. Sinclair showed up great on the Sunderland documentary with Bain

His record was pretty unique, you will struggle to find any non professional player he brought in playing pro football. Greg Wylde (swop from Celtic), Dylan McGeouch (Dev Fee Celtic), Andy Murdoch (Boys Clubs) are all at Premier League/Championship level plus Mati Zata (Alloa Ath) but he has yet to make an appearance for Dundee United.

You will struggle to find most players he paid significant development fees for:- Marc Dyer, Robert McLardie, Luke Hammond (plus £25,000 fine for illegal approach) as a couple examples.

Contrast that with the following players he released as kids and have played in Premier League this season Lewis Ferguson (Aberdeen), Lewis Morgan (Celtic), Lewis Spence (Dundee), Harry Cochrane (Hearts), Adam Fizzell, Greg Kiltie, Greg Taylor (all Kilmarnock), Zander Clark (St.Johnstone), Jack Baird and Kyle McAllister (Both St.Mirren)

Championship - Lawrence Shankland & Liam Smith (Ayr), Nicky Clark (Dundee United), Lewis Martin (Dunfermline), Gary Oliver (Morton), Thomas O'Ware & Blair Spittal (Thistle), Kyle Jacobs (QOTS), Sean Kelly (Ross County)

Also significant fees paid for Murray Wallace (Falkirk to Huddersfield), Botti Biabi (Falkirk to Swansea), Connor McGrandles (Falkirk to Norwich) all released by Sinclair.

I think I’d need heavily medicated if my younger brother was anywhere close to signing for Rangers.

Either through jealousy or excitement. Hard to say.

His record was pretty unique, you will struggle to find any non professional player he brought in playing pro football. Greg Wylde (swop from Celtic), Dylan McGeouch (Dev Fee Celtic), Andy Murdoch (Boys Clubs) are all at Premier League/Championship level plus Mati Zata (Alloa Ath) but he has yet to make an appearance for Dundee United.

You will struggle to find most players he paid significant development fees for:- Marc Dyer, Robert McLardie, Luke Hammond (plus £25,000 fine for illegal approach) as a couple examples.

Contrast that with the following players he released as kids and have played in Premier League this season Lewis Ferguson (Aberdeen), Lewis Morgan (Celtic), Lewis Spence (Dundee), Harry Cochrane (Hearts), Adam Fizzell, Greg Kiltie, Greg Taylor (all Kilmarnock), Zander Clark (St.Johnstone), Jack Baird and Kyle McAllister (Both St.Mirren)

Championship - Lawrence Shankland & Liam Smith (Ayr), Nicky Clark (Dundee United), Lewis Martin (Dunfermline), Gary Oliver (Morton), Thomas O'Ware & Blair Spittal (Thistle), Kyle Jacobs (QOTS), Sean Kelly (Ross County)

Also significant fees paid for Murray Wallace (Falkirk to Huddersfield), Botti Biabi (Falkirk to Swansea), Connor McGrandles (Falkirk to Norwich) all released by Sinclair.
As you say that's some record , unfortunately.

They obv watch the league & realise if diddies like waghorn can cut it there maybe our players are worth a punt :cool:

Ha ha, true. Keep us posted on your wee bro mate. After Greegs mad turn the goalkeeping slot is up for grabs for the first league game next season. Great opportunity for any new keeper we sign.;)

Ive no info on it .. just posting what i saw online ;) .. interesting as a fan & brother of course haha

Ha ha, I’m sure the first thing you did when you heard the link was to phone/message him and ask him.

I respect your right to keep quiet IF he has told you anything. That’s how it should be I guess.

McGregor, Clark, Firth/McCrorie I reckon in order for next season with possibly the latter going out on loan. That will signal the end for Foderingham and Alnwick who will both be sold.

Back