Match Thread Rangers v Livingston - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
hqH8Jio.png

>>CLICK HERE FOR HELP WITH RANGERSTV<<

DISCUSSION OF ILLEGAL LINKS WILL RESULT IN A BAN

The first of four home games on the spin, three of which are league games. Win all three league games and there's a good chance we go top of the league.

Some excellent sport on TV tomorrow. I cant get to game so will watch 6n and us. Fingers crossed for a comfortable morale boosting victory.

This time tomorrow we will be a maximum of three points behind the scum with a game in hand. Our time is coming.

Last edited:
Butland
Tav Goldson Balogun Ridvan
Lundstram Sterling
McCausland Cantwell Matondo
Silva​

With minutes off the bench for Diamonde (and very unlikely Cortes).
Wouldn't be upset if Lawrence played instead of Cantwell.

Above is a combination of what I expect plus a couple of what I'd like to see.

Butland
Lundstram Sterling
Silva​

Swap Ridvan for Borna and Sterling for Jack and that’s the starting XI.

Hopefully see game time for Cortes and Dio as well.

Would like to se a big win, but 2-0 would do.

Swap Ridvan for Borna and Sterling for Jack and that’s the starting XI.

Hopefully see game time for Cortes and Dio as well.

Would like to se a big win, but 2-0 would do.
I was thinking to put Borna in. Unless Ridvan is added to Euro squad Borna needs to be kept match sharp.

But I anticipate a tonne of arguments about Silva not being a winger this weekend and didn't wanna lob another grenade

You make a good call on Jack for similar reasons - low risk match to give him minutes

Butland
Lundstram Sterling
Silva​

Would prefer Lawrence to Cantwell. The show pony has been a liability this season and unless he improves dramatically will be away come the summer.

Butland
Tav goldson balogun ridvan
Lundstram raskin
Mcausland Cantwell cortes
Silva

Cortes has had 90 minutes recently and has been training so expect him to start ti get him bedded in immediately.

Diomande has had recent illness and with danish break hasn’t played or possibly even trained much this last 2 months or so so will need longer to get march ready, dont expect to see him until ayr united in the cup.

No point playing sterling at home to livi so he will be kept for aberdeen.

Although wont be totally shocked if clement try’s to fit both dessers and silva into starting 11 with either mcausland or Cantwell dropping to bench.

Need to make a statement today. Good attacking performance and a boost to the goal difference required. That’s probably a nervy one nil now!

Feel free to elaborate. Can't think of a single game where he has been the difference but there's been more than a few where he's been hooked.
The fact he’s a mainstay in the starting 11 every week is pretty indicative that he won’t be “away by the summer.”

I’m reluctant to appraise his early season performances given most were under Beale where we had no attacking structure, followed by Clement playing him out right in the beginning.

As another poster has just highlighted, his 3 goals in his past 5 games and almost all of his performances last season point to a player who is effective when deployed in his actual position.

SJB
Tav
Goldson
Souttar
Ridvan
Raskin
Lunny
Lawrence
McCausland
Matondo
Dessers

Balogun, Cantwell, Sterling rotate out with the Sheep game in mind. Minutes into Raskin and Lawrence. Dessers in form so for me keep riding that wave. Silva, Jack and Diomande to get decent minutes from the bench all being well

The fact he’s a mainstay in the starting 11 every week is pretty indicative that he won’t be “away by the summer.”

I’m reluctant to appraise his early season performances given most were under Beale where we had no attacking structure, followed by Clement playing him out right in the beginning.

As another poster has just highlighted, his 3 goals in his past 5 games and almost all of his performances last season point to a player who is effective when deployed in his actual position.
Disagree. The fact he's a mainstay is a reflection of the abysmal legacy of Beale's squad. I'm sure I could negate his massive goal tally of 3 with at least 3 goals scored against us where his show pony antics have cost us goals against. Gives that ball away cheaply far too often and often in areas where it can hurt us.

Butland
Lundstram Sterling
Silva​

Most folk call him Dio… that kind of gives it away that his name isn’t Diamonde

Butland
Tav goldson balogun ridvan
Lundstram raskin
Mcausland Cantwell cortes
Silva

Cortes has had 90 minutes recently and has been training so expect him to start ti get him bedded in immediately.

Diomande has had recent illness and with danish break hasn’t played or possibly even trained much this last 2 months or so so will need longer to get march ready, dont expect to see him until ayr united in the cup.

No point playing sterling at home to livi so he will be kept for aberdeen.

Although wont be totally shocked if clement try’s to fit both dessers and silva into starting 11 with either mcausland or Cantwell dropping to bench.

What’s this about?

Back