MOTM Poll Rangers v Aberdeen - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tell me when we actually played 2 games in a row this season and looked good ?.
And yet we are still in front. The garden isn’t rosy and anyone who claims otherwise is an idiot. But not so long ago the Tims were going daft and now allegedly they’re back to being the best thing since bread was sliced again.

Bipolar!

Absolutely shite, really not good enough. We should be pissing this league.

We should have strengthened the first eleven in the summer and failed to do so.

We are making the rest look good.

This was not a season to gamble on.

Too many of our squad's hearts just aren't in it now.

It's like they won the title last year, and now the motivation isn't there. They've 'completed' Scottish football. They want to move on.

Name names? Fine. Tavernier. Goldson. Barisic. Morelos - he may have scored tonight, but he's done for us. He wants his move and his head isn't in it anymore.

Patterson needs to be picked ahead of Tavernier now. If not now, when? We're running the risk of losing him to an EPL side who will a) pay him more money and b) give him more game time than us. We cannot allow that to happen.

We may or may not win this title. But even if we do, unless something drastic changes, we're going to trundle over the line. That isn't good enough.

We can't pin our hopes on winning the title simply by being a bit less shit than Celtic.

The truth is, their form is picking up. Ours isn't.

Gerrard loyality to Tav is going to cost him his job at this rate.

Tonight demonstrated that team are mentally weak and every single one of those bastards should hang their heads in shame. Tonight of all nights they cannot deliver a performance Walter would be proud of which disgusts me.

I'm livid but not surprised. Starting with our so called captain, we are a shower of cowards.
People will just say he registered a goal and an assist so nothing to see here. But no getting away from the fact our leader isn’t playing well now.

Do you know something? I don’t get too high when we win. I don’t get too low when we lose.

Bipolar reactions on here take the biscuit. Nobody is happy tonight, but I’m not going to throw everyone.. their dog and cat too…. under any buses just to make it look like I care more than someone else.
Your indifference proves you haven't understood what you have just watched

Shocking performance form start to finish.

We have a right side defence problem coupled with a weak pace midfield and it's so big that we won't see anytime soon clean sheet wins.

Multiple times the wingers had to come for the ball midfield, because nobody pushed the ball forward.

The Rangers calm pace it's out the window right now.

Nice tribute to Walter guys.

Poor performance, poor effort, poor management.

Penalty aside - Tav should be nowhere near the starting line-up.

Gerrard is just utterly devoid of ideas. No point in pretending any more. He's got so much to learn about in game management it's unreal. Possibly years of work ahead of him before he can sort that. He can absolutely forget managing Liverpool for many a year to come. Unless of course they're happy to take the disappointment of not actually doing anything at the right time during a game - and no, putting Sakala on was not a master stroke or good management. Changes should have been made way before then.

Still, we didn't lose the game but are losing the lead to an abysmal Celtic team. We on the other hand are struggling nearly every game due to poor effort and poor management.

I'd love to know what the coaching staff are doing. At this moment it looks like absolutely nothing. Something is very wrong behind the scenes. Very wrong.

A big word for Gerrard I'm afraid he's gone back to season 1 and 2 subs far far too late to save and win games ,, all the people on here who worship hagi.. you can have him,, a major blind spot for gerrard. very poor performance, once again from most, its well past time Patterson was in there, tav no where near good enough, keep bassey in,, were so slow wheres the urgency? ..nowhere
Agree 100%

I said weeks ago his loyalty to his players is likely going to cost us and it is. Yes, we are top but only just. Anyone still living in a bubble just needs to look at our form over the past 10 games.

Even Rangers Tv commentary and pundits can see it. Something needs to change. Our front 3 hardly ever get any time on the ball and we wonder why they always come deep to get involved.

Fecking appalling that this evening, of all games, we should be so abysmal.

We can blame Lundtsram for their first goal, but even the commentators mentioned that the pass to him was poor.
This effing about so close to our own goal has become risible now.

There are a few things -- Tav may provide assists but he's not a very good defender.
Goldson may be an aerial threat up front, but he's become terrible at CB.

Patterson simply MUST be played at RB.

Kamara is STILL slowing things down far too much.

And I actually wondered if Roofe had come out in the second half.

Waiting for the last 15 minutes to make the two subs required to bring a bit of spark and pace into the team (which sadly didn't really happen) is also nonsense.

Gerrard has to face the facts that he's getting his teams wrong.
Our coaches have to face up to the facts that they aren't doing well enough in coaching our defenders, getting our midfielders to act quicker, and in providing a bit of drive to the players.

I hate to say it but watching Scott Brown there, he's over directing his own defensive partners, talking to them, pointing out to ALL of his team-mates where they should be, and constantly "communicating" with the referee.
He's still a dirty, sneaky player, but they're all facets of a leader that we sadly lack.

Edit -- oh aye, and a new CB is an absolute MUST if we want to be in the running for the title.

I think you need to look at mcaans analysis at half time and see how far off a good manager Gerrard is.
Well we see the best of him from last season.,but he must know now last season's tactics aren't working, I get the impression he won't change it or doesn't know how to.

Poor performance, poor result. Badly missing the two Ryans but we should still have been able to take that mob and it's concerning that we didn't. In saying that, after we lost the second goal I'd have settled for a draw. Gerrard needs to realise that Lundstram and Kamara in the same midfield is not working for us. The next thing we're missing is pace. Kent will give us that when he returns but I think he'll need to start giving Sakala a chance as well.

And the assist...but aye Tavs fault.. :rolleyes:
So you think Tav played well? Stats can be misleading at times and I don’t get why so many still try and defend Tav when time and time again he costs us. Patterson deserves a run of games in the team.

I doubt Gerrard will give him that though.

Down to Gerrard, what the feck was he doing with lundstram taking the ball of our centrebacks feet?
As for Tav , too many half hearted performances.

We've gone backwards at a rate of knots since last season. The problem is recruitment. The starting 11 is usually still players that were all here last season, barring Lundstram. None of those brought in have improved the first 11 and therefore we've stood still, which means going backwards in real terms. Players should have been sold, let's be realistic.

The time wasting isn't the problem
It is the poor reaction from referees that makes it a problem.
If one referee did his job just once it could sort it out.
Tonight was nothing to do with refs. We got a soft penalty. We were utter sh1te. Nothing in misfield, Roofe and Alfie dont go together, slow passing in posession, hagi no pace, misplaced passes, poor down the flanks, constantly turning into a congested midfield, no movement off the ball, stupid fouls, piss poor marking. The balance isn’t there. That aberdeen team are garbage. Like hearts and Motherwell and we’ve dropped 6 points against teams that do nothing other than score against us. We got knocked out CL against Malmö, scraped by some other fekkin team, throwing away goals right left and centre.

On tonight of all nights we serve up that pile of pish. Sorry I'm just absolutely scunnered. Do you think any of that starting 11 know how much Walter meant to us? I really don't think they do.

One word “atrocious”too slow, no urgency, pedestrian and teams are now finding us easy to play against.No killer through ball, no over the top ball to run onto and flat from start to finish. Very fortunate to even get a draw. Sorry Walter we never sent you to the next world with a resounding victory that you absolutely deserved.:(
Of course you are right with everything you have said there.

And yet we are still in front. The garden isn’t rosy and anyone who claims otherwise is an idiot. But not so long ago the Tims were going daft and now allegedly they’re back to being the best thing since bread was sliced again.

Bipolar!
Are you being serious they are scoring for fun and we are throwing points away like confetti.

A night that couldn't have any more emphasis on a must win and the team/management serve us this crap , I'm not feeling confident for what's to come. No doubt some will try and gloss over this with the usual shite .

Is anyone at the Club actually telling the manager it's not acceptable so far this season.
Tonight was shameful.
Hopefully in the background, but doesn't seem like the manager knows what to do anymore. Nothing changes, it's the same every week and other teams have us figured out down to a T. Manager has no answer

Tav needs a spell on the bench as does Morelos. Yes, I know both of our goal scorers tonight but something needs to change here.

Tav was honking and 1 good cross out of 20 isn't cutting it for me. I reckon I could deliver those sort of stats. Get Patterson in for him.

Morelos looks like he's running in treacle and although he did well for the goal has been like a man down in more than half of our games so far this season.

Give Sakala a run in the team and inject some actual pace into that forward line.

Something else...we massively miss Ryan Kent, even an off form Ryan Kent. One of the few with ability to create something from nothing and cut teams open.

He really needs to. That was some pile of sh*t served up tonight and it's been more or less the same all season. A season with a potential £40m jackpot at the end and we don't seem bothered. Disgusted at that tonight.
For me the writing was on the wall at home to Malmo.

It's like they genuinely didn't realise it was a CL qualifier.

No interest. No urgency. It was all so passive and meek. And we got knocked out.

Our league form? Largely the same.

They simply don't care anymore.

Bipolar!
They were in front and doing the same last season. We could all see it would crumble.

I had my doubts about Lundstram in the early games.
Every doubt resurfaced tonight.
For me their goal that he was part of was as much Goldsons fault as there was no pace on the ball Goldson gives him. He has to make up the ground on the ball and be first with a precise pass before the attacker gets there. None of that happens. He was IMO laying far too deep overall though and didnt have a good game.

You’re right, but we are so weak, both mentally and physically as well, we have no leaders, no men, crapping out of 50/50 challenges, we look worse every game we play, and Ihave fears for this season.
Crapping out of 50/50s has been very noticeable in a lot of games.

Startung to wonder if it would it have been better if a few of the 'big' players had been sold in the summer so we were forced to freshen up the team a bit - but seeing how they've played so far this season, would anyone have wanted to buy them?

We've gone backwards at a rate of knots since last season. The problem is recruitment. The starting 11 is usually still players that were all here last season, barring Lundstram. None of those brought in have improved the first 11 and therefore we've stood still, which means going backwards in real terms. Players should have been sold, let's be realistic.
Of course they should have, we've went stale

Waiting to hit form won't fix this.. SG needs to CHANGE something.. handing easy goals to teams that hardly threaten in a game doesn't win fuk all... Not scoring goals, even in the games we create plenty of good chances doesn't win fuk all... Is it just we don't have Kent?... ALL our attackers PLAY with their back to goal running away from goal.. nobody is playing on the shoulder of the last defender... looking to break in behind because there is no pace.. I know we didn't have pace last year either but our passing and first touch was precise and the opposition wasn't alive to it... Too much our second touch is a tackle and our precision passes are getting intercepted by hammer throwers..

Pointing out the obvious but no one seems to want the responsibility of running directly at defenders. Kent is sorely missed for this alone. That was a bad two points lost against again tonight.
Gone is the myth of being fitter as well.

Back