Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I really think that this is a milestone day with the case action being accepted.
From the bits I've read here periodically, and following it on Twitter, any normal person can see it for what it is.
And with some information still to come from those behind it? Surely we're in the last mile of a marathon to the finish line.

Here's to the next year when this really gathers momentum.

I salute everyone that has dedicated their time and efforts to right this most heinous wrong doing.

Last edited:
Once the "separate entity" nonsense is dismissed there must be a full police investigation into the abuse at Celtic. Any such investigation must be carried out by the Metropolitan Police to ensure a full and impartial investigation. This must not only look at those who carried out the abuse but also those who facilitated it and those who helped to cover it up and continue to do so.
The links to paedophiles down south must also be explored and brought to light. So many innocent lives were ruined, these were only kids who like many of us dreamed of playing for their heroes and instead were subjected to a life of misery. Everyone involved must pay for what they done or what they allowed to be done to these youngsters and that includes Celtic as a club. When a court shows that Celtic boys club were in fact part of Celtic (something we all know) then the SFA/SPFL must take action against them.
Lets not forget those who are no longer with us to see the justice they deserve. Their families like the survivors need to see justice done in order to hopefully find some kind of peace.

Usually more people come forward once a class action gets under way. You just have to do the maths on this but the payout could be 20 million+.

Usually more people come forward once a class action gets under way. You just have to do the maths on this but the payout could be 20 million+.

and far more regarding sponsorship. Just look at Yorkshire cricket and those that turn a blind eye and deflect.

Who would want to sponsor an entity that has lied and deflected for decades? Anyone that does will get it hard I am sure from normal folk with decent morals.

Criminal charges need to be brought against any surviving members of the Celtic board or coaching staff who covered this up similar to what the FBI did with Penn State officials. The club also needs to be charged with bringing the game into disrepute and punished as well.

As for the class action lawsuit Penn State paid out $93 million to around 30 survivors looks like we've got a similar number if not more here.

Criminal charges need to be brought against any surviving members of the Celtic board or coaching staff who covered this up similar to what the FBI did with Penn State officials. The club also needs to be charged with bringing the game into disrepute and punished as well.

As for the class action lawsuit Penn State paid out $93 million to around 30 survivors looks like we've got a similar number if not more here.

I have always thought they have delayed this for as long as they could so the knowers at Celtic FC had past away. Its criminal that they have got to live a normal life when in all honesty they should be behind bars. I am a great believer in innocent until proven guilty, but in this case everyone knows what went on, how it wad hid and how canon law was applied at best.

Once the "separate entity" nonsense is dismissed there must be a full police investigation into the abuse at Celtic. Any such investigation must be carried out by the Metropolitan Police to ensure a full and impartial investigation. This must not only look at those who carried out the abuse but also those who facilitated it and those who helped to cover it up and continue to do so.
The links to paedophiles down south must also be explored and brought to light. So many innocent lives were ruined, these were only kids who like many of us dreamed of playing for their heroes and instead were subjected to a life of misery. Everyone involved must pay for what they done or what they allowed to be done to these youngsters and that includes Celtic as a club. When a court shows that Celtic boys club were in fact part of Celtic (something we all know) then the SFA/SPFL must take action against them.
Lets not forget those who are no longer with us to see the justice they deserve. Their families like the survivors need to see justice done in order to hopefully find some kind of peace.
Ideally the findings will be shared with any ongoing investigations overseas i.e USA.

Once this is proven, expulsion from Scottish professional leagues must follow.

The sole objective is making sure that these poor young lads and their families get justice for what happened to them. That’s absolutely vital.

However, after that, your suggestion seems entirely reasonable for an organisation who enabled and concealed decades of child abuse. It’s hard to imagine crimes that could be much worse. Which begs the question, what would Celtic have to do before they suffer any consequences from their behaviour?

It isn’t punishment I‘m describing here, it’s consequences

Once the truth is out and is a matter of court record thanks to Spotlight and the immense bravery of the survivors the universal revulsion and condemnation directed at celtic for not only facilitating this but prolonging the agony of the victims and their families, will gather the momentum of a runaway train and see them cease to exist just like News of the World.

The SFA inquiry was meant to bring clarity but instead it has allowed the continuation of the lies, forcing victims to have to endure a court case to get the truth to be told.
This inquiry needs an inquiry.

You will have seen posts on here & elsewhere from the families of these young kids who were abused.

The SFA treatment of them was an absolute disgrace, putting their emotions through turmoil to then miss so much hard evidence out that even I know of, and editing the report after reference to their ‘paymasters’.

You will have seen posts on here & elsewhere from the families of these young kids who were abused.

The SFA treatment of them was an absolute disgrace, putting their emotions through turmoil to then miss so much hard evidence out that even I know of, and editing the report after reference to their ‘paymasters’.

again GY, those that hid should be facing criminal proceedings. The SFA need to be in the dock too.

Farcical right from the outset Grigo, given the guy in charge of it having the horrific connections he had.

They probably thought those connections wouldn’t come to light. Oh dear!

Money not relevant here. What matters is someone, anyone, from Celtic FC saying:

"Yes, we had multiple paedophiles, and we knew about most if not all And we did nothing...on purpose. We felt that the Big Bad Prods would make example of us and so we protected ra sellik and fucked over the victims. In fact some of the beasts were our friends and we stayed friends with them. You aren't deluded, you didn't imagine it, these things did happen to you and we are very sorry for the lives ruined".

That's what people want. Almost all of Scotland has known abotu this for decades and that NOTHING has been done has been an absolutely horrific horror show for the victims.

Good to see things moving and hopefully a step towards bringing closure to some of the victims.

Please forgive my ignorance, should financial compensation be awarded who is liable would it be the club or via an insurer?

Could this lead to legal proceedings of those who enabled it?

Well done to the Spotlight team for sticking in, i can only imagine the hours devoted to seeing justice carried out.

again GY, those that hid should be facing criminal proceedings. The SFA need to be in the dock too.

The SFA Review shows clearly that they have blood on their hands HB.

We have previously seen interviews with families such as the Gray family where we got an insight into how they were treated.

Likewise despite Daly being used as an advisor some of his previously identified evidence was excluded, as was any reference to P2.

Justice will prevail.
These victims of child abuse have had their lives ruined along with their families. Certain individuals at the boys club have been jailed for child abuse and then remployed to do it again. Absolutely shocking.
This to me points to the fact that this goes to the very top of that club, directors, management, coaches and players who are in fact "enablers " ,also I would add certain journalists were aware of what was going on and did nothing. This is the biggest scandal ever in Scottish football, yet so much has been done to keep this hidden away from the public interest for almost five decades.
No amount of financial compensation will ever give these victims their lives back and also the victims who have passed away and their families will have seen Justice.
Despicable club ,rotten to the core.

Justice will prevail.
These victims of child abuse have had their lives ruined along with their families. Certain individuals at the boys club have been jailed for child abuse and then remployed to do it again. Absolutely shocking.
This to me points to the fact that this goes to the very top of that club, directors, management, coaches and players who are in fact "enablers " ,also I would add certain journalists were aware of what was going on and did nothing. This is the biggest scandal ever in Scottish football, yet so much has been done to keep this hidden away from the public interest for almost five decades.
No amount of financial compensation will ever give these victims their lives back and also the victims who have passed away and their families will have seen Justice.

BN94 previously advised about evidence we have passed to lawyers Steve. I’m sure you can guess which ones.

This evidence is very powerful in terms of Celtic’s behaviour with respect to this tragedy.

Most importantly, you are right, no matter what payouts are made, and what punishments that club may receive, none of it gives these children & their families their lives back.

Hopefully it will at least allow them closure, that justice in some form will ultimately be served.

If this had been dealt with a few years ago it would probably been the case that the victims and families would likely have settled for an acknowledgment that it happened, an apology, punishment for the individuals and a small recompense.

However the brushing under the carpet, deflection and denials over the recent years will probably have angered everyone involved to an extent that a far greater punishment is required to satisfy everyone. So Celtic have brought whatever is to unfold upon themselves.

Great work by all involved in pushing this forward.
I hope the victims and their families will get a positive result out of this that can give them the opportunity to look at tomorrow as a brighter day.

If and when this hits just wait to see how many people “thought something was going on”. It’ll be the Jimmy Saville scenario all over again.

Let’s not ever forget the role played by Hugh Birt.

He “thought something was going on”, but unlike the others he showed integrity & human decency in trying to get to the bottom of it.

He didn’t want to ignore it for the good name of the club, and ultimately was put through hell by them for showing respect & compassion.

It is a disgrace. The fact that they can pretend to be on their side whilst doing what they can to undermine them for their true objective, protecting that bastardised team, is inhumane.

It is a disgrace. The fact that they can pretend to be on their side whilst doing what they can to undermine them for their true objective, protecting that bastardised team, is inhumane.

Disgusting.

And we have more clear evidence to come that illustrates the Celtic mindset more than anything we’ve released so far.

As BN & I previously mentioned, it’s been passed to the right people.

Justice will prevail.
I think this goes to the very top of not just the club. Those in Government, media, police that could have brought this to light will or should have serious questions to answer.

Let’s not ever forget the role played by Hugh Birt.

He “thought something was going on”, but unlike the others he showed integrity & human decency in trying to get to the bottom of it.

He didn’t want to ignore it for the good name of the club, and ultimately was put through hell by them for showing respect & compassion.
Gerry McSherry also reported the abuse allegations. He too was shunned.

I don’t think any amount of money will compensate for the lives that have been ruined.

Equally any apology celtic will make now has been forced and insincere, or they would have done it before now, not because of Court involvement.

The justice for the victims and the survivors will be seeing everyone connected with these horrendous crimes named and punished, not just the abusers but the enablers and those who chose to cover it up for the good of that rancid club, hopefully the likes of McGinns, Kellys etc will have a lot of sleepless nights for the little time they have left.

Back