The Rangers AGM

I’m not talking about club success, I’m talking about us as fans actually having a decent matchday. Where you can turn up and get decent food outside the stadium and inside. Safe Standing section allowing us to have fans who are committed to cheering the team on for 90 minutes. Things like that, they aren’t hard out of reach for the club.
Some right self-entitled important people in the support.

For me, it's about the best product on the pitch. I'll happily go without a posh feckin pie for that.

Have the police not knock larger allocations back before?
They will on safety grounds. I doubt they'd do it just to 'preserve' our safe standing section. Away clubs are entitled to an allocation - just as we would be at Easter Road or Tynecastle. It might be trimmed back a bit at those locations to ease control but if the whole of BF is safe standing where do we put the Away fans? We won't get away with 800 or so for a cup-tie.

As in, cost of implementation and whether people would be willing to pay extra to cover cost?
I’m saying if it’s not an option us as fans will pay it. It’s metal railings with bits of plastic joined onto it. Even Killie have two Safe Standing bits considering their revenue.

It boggles my mind how people can be against an area which in theory is safer with fans unable to tumble forward into the next row in front of them.

They will on safety grounds. I doubt they'd do it just to 'preserve' our safe standing section. Away clubs are entitled to an allocation - just as we would be at Easter Road or Tynecastle. It might be trimmed back a bit at those locations to ease control but if the whole of BF is safe standing where do we put the Away fans? We won't get away with 800 or so for a cup-tie.
We got away with it a few years back against Aberdeen.

We gave them 800 for a Scottish Cup QF. As they gave us around 1600 for the first tie.

Further back in the thread I read that Douglas Park had said stadium improvements (assume disabled area/safe standing etc) were dependant on capacity increase.

I'm surprised, given that several issues raised at the AGM are obviously related to lack of options and space within the ground, that there was no update on this. Especially since it has been a hot topic in the recent past.

Do we have any update at all on the feasibility study and the various plans ?

I’m saying if it’s not an option us as fans will pay it. It’s metal railings with bits of plastic joined onto it. Even Killie have two Safe Standing bits considering their revenue.

It boggles my mind how people can be against an area which in theory is safer with fans unable to tumble forward into the next row in front of them.
I agree mate. I’m £500 for BF1, gladly pay £1k for the first season in a standing section

Hopefully broomloan collective gets support

Safe standing is a hot topic, but I really hope they focus on the disabled fans first, they have no shelter, its a pain in general.

I am glad it was brought up. I am not a wheelchair user but they deserve better facilities than what is on offer

Indeed, should be the absolute priority over any improvement.

Further back in the thread I read that Douglas Park had said stadium improvements (assume disabled area/safe standing etc) were dependant on capacity increase.

I'm surprised, given that several issues raised at the AGM are obviously related to lack of options and space within the ground, that there was no update on this. Especially since it has been a hot topic in the recent past.

Do we have any update at all on the feasibility study and the various plans ?
Basically means why would they reduce capacity and revenue to increase wheelchair spaces?

It makes no financial sense

The vermin had their safe standing section open for the 2016-17 season - 5 years ago. Ever since then, when the board have been asked about it, we have been fobbed off with "looking into it", "feasability study" etc. Now Roberston has the neck to say that the feasability study has been held up because of Covid. Aye, right. He really must think our heads zip up at the back. Why can't they just tell us the truth, whatever that is ?
The truth is its an investment with no return and they aren't interest in it. If it increased capacity they would but it doeant.

I agree mate. I’m £500 for BF1, gladly pay £1k for the first season in a standing section

It wouldn’t even need to be that mate with our support if everyone chipped in a few quid here and there in support of it we would have it covered easily I would imagine.

Id gladly see CF made safe standing, and I have knee issues!

Lock CF2 CF3 CF4 seats up and then move folk either side that dont want to stand. Its not “my seat” really, more a rented seat.

OR expand UB area and give them a more prominent position. Livi atmosphere showed up Ibrox for what it is, a morgue of negativity.

we had 30 odd thousand at Hampden standing, the atmosphere was terrible.

1k is a bit steep.

I do wonder if crowdfunding would be a better idea. It would be a bit of a riddy though for a club our size having to get the supporters to pay for it.

Some right self-entitled important people in the support.

For me, it's about the best product on the pitch. I'll happily go without a posh feckin pie for that.
I’ve been to a few games in Germany and their matchday experiences blow us out the water. Fans here just turn up to the game before kickoff and go straight home. There’s nothing to do before the game or after except go to a pub.

James Bisgrove - commercial partners.

Moving from recovery to growth - partners supportive of club recovery. Benefits now on stream.

£3m in partnerships last year - should be around £7million by end of this year.

Still have ability to grow.
That answers a lot of the noise that our shirt sponsors and digital partners weren’t benefiting us. From quite prominent folk if I remember correctly hmmmm
I have no idea how Bisgrove expects to effectively double our commercial income in one year. Sounds like an extremely difficult target to meet, and I doubt he’ll be able to.
Fingers crossed that’s because he has something huge lined up for next season :cool:

It wouldn’t even need to be that mate with our support if everyone chipped in a few quid here and there in support of it we would have it covered easily I would imagine.
More for illustration, I’d happily pay it but £7/800 probably more realistic

I’d gladly pay slightly more each season for a proper standing section. Standing behind a seat isn’t the safest thing in the world, I’m fairly tall so it’s an absolute nightmare at present

Section I'm in (CF3) stands for all Euro Group games now mate. Have done for the past three seasons. From what I could see there were loads of areas doing the same. Definitely appetite for this.
Unfortunately, European games are mostly day trippers who prefer standing- season ticket holders at league games are entirely different

I understand this question is very short sighted but I'm a football fan not an accountant. Was there any mention of transfer fees being made available in January?

In fairness most of that is already the case (in relation to standing full game etc).

I personally think a new campaign from the wider support is needed, and something that will most likely be set up ASAP. Again for it to work, we need as many people as possible to support it. For it to be effective we need as many as possible involved, from individuals, families to RSCs. The more people getting involved in Broomloan Collective the more chance we have of getting Safe Standing.
What's the BC thoughts on if we get safe standing (miles away, I know) if it's in the Broomloan then as mentioned a few times in this thread, cup games are the issue.

No easy option as putting it in CF will cause numerous issues too but some solution needs to be found as the atmosphere could be so much better.

So much so that I literally can't remember an away game where fans sat.

It proves that the 'vast majority' are happy to stand.
I really dont think it does.

The reason Im standing is because the guy in front is

And the reason he is, is exactly the same.

In the GF at a normal league game everyone (just about) sits.
Now take a Euro game and its different people and guess what? for a lot of the game we need to stand. See lines 2 and 3 of my post.

We have a significant number of fans say 50 and over in age.
They dont want to stand and the away game situation puts a lot off going.

None that impacts a safe standing area mind you.
While Im against it, I do think it would be a safer option than we currently see at BF1.

Was the question raised about the crush at the Copland end created when the barrier is up for europa games and the like.

Financial report didn’t include bonus payments, good partnership with Castore and interestingly it was mentioned that “we’ve shown we sell a high number of strips in the market”
Thanks for that. Sounds positive, hopefully we see some larger figures in the next set of accounts.

Unfortunately, European games are mostly day trippers who prefer standing- season ticket holders at league games are entirely different

'Mostly daytrippers' isn't even close to being accurate mate. I obviously can't speak for every section but, where I am, the vast majority are STH's.

Eh.... they've kept the club going with millions out their own pockets.

Don't ever lose sight of that mate.
They get a return in terms of shares for that, not that I say that to belittle their input, its not a grand philanthropic gesture, its made with business brain fully engaged as well as their hearts.
The fans are, and always will be the real heroes of the clubs return to prominence IMO.

He is there.

He travels on his own, dodges about over there on his own and very rarely goes where the support is congregating, but he is there.

Folk were ripping the pish out of him on Twitter because he said, he was going to go against the Clubs advice and mix with the Legia Warsaw supporters because he always does that on Euro away trips.

To be fair to him, he then posted pics up later of him with a bunch of friendly Legia Warsaw supporters.

Back