The Rangers AGM

Just back from the AGM and I think it’s fair to say due to SR polite but meaningless answer to the question regarding the ticket office, phone lines non communication of emails that the ticket office in its present format is done and not reopening except on match days.
I hope I picked it up wrong but that is my take on the situation.

Its pathetic that this is still being blocked years after Celtic introduced it.

Perhaps the club should introduce rover tickets for the whole of the BF for a season to get ST holders used to the idea that the seat does not belong to them. The following year the stand would then convert to safe standing with rover tickets still being used.

Its pathetic that this needs to be done but that's Rangers for you.
The English Prem are going to do it before us. A country that had fully banned standing because of previous events.

It's actually ridiculous that we are so behind on this, even behind other clubs in Scotland, not just them.

Supposed to be the path setters, leaders of the Scottish game.

Disgraceful reply from Bennett. Money over access for disabled fans. Shocking.

Read it correctly it's actually the opposite of what you state, in fairness to the Club in regards to refurbishing Argyle House hospitality they have indeed engaged with and actually listened too, taken on board and acted upon the views of wheelchair fans.

I think they've finally acknowledged that they simply cannot kick the can any further down the road when it comes to tackling the totally inadequate wheelchair facilities at Ibrox.

Wonder how the scum from the east end are taking this, the lurkers would have been on here all morning ready to report back on their Kiddyfiddler Street forum

A professional AGM without a mention of them.

They have been served with a Class Action that is going to cost them tens of millions to compensate the 25 (and rising) survivors of child abuse but their focus was on getting a Director to retract his words following the passing of one of the greats of Scottish football.

Just back from the AGM and I think it’s fair to say due to SR polite but meaningless answer to the question regarding the ticket office, phone lines non communication of emails that the ticket office in its present format is done and not reopening except on match days.
I hope I picked it up wrong but that is my take on the situation.

My take is that the new guy in place is going to a full look into and overhaul it like Bisgrove and Wilson have done in their departments but we need to allow him to get and look into it all.

Ibrox is awful!
Can think of numerous grounds that really are awful but Ibrox is certainly not one of them.

I thought we we're discussing fans leaving early and trying to understand why. Im suggesting it might be something to do with how awful Ibrox is. Obviously Im referring to the atmosphere, as Im sure you know.

I guess being in the directors box means the views of those desperate for safe standing is of little interest to you.

Read it correctly it's actually the opposite of what you state, in fairness to the Club in regards to refurbishing Argyle House hospitality they have indeed engaged with and actually listened too, taken on board and acted upon the views of wheelchair fans.

I think they've finally acknowledged that they simply cannot kick the can any further down the road when it comes to tackling the totally inadequate wheelchair facilities at Ibrox.
Do you know anything about the new disability manager/advisor?

The English Prem are going to do it before us. A country that had fully banned standing because of previous events.

It's actually ridiculous that we are so behind on this, even behind other clubs in Scotland, not just them.

"We welcome the chase".

Im not sure I know what you mean but perhaps people leave early because the atmosphere is crap. I know plenty of fans that dont go after years and years of follow following and they say its because Ibrox is awful.

The fans you know are easily replaced with fans that will support the team.

Disgraceful reply from Bennett. Money over access for disabled fans. Shocking.

He’s admitting that it will cut revenue as there isn’t much space. however he did say we have a new disability officer in places and many people working on meaningful plans. So not really getting your point!

We are working on the issue it seems and as someone with a disabled son who gets to go twice a year in the Broxi den, the club is improving but not as fast as some want.

It absolutely is, the Club will never be denied a UEFA licence to play at Ibrox because of a lack of safe standing but it will for failing to have adequate disabled facilities.

Both issues can and should be tackled at the same time but that requires the lowering of the pitch option which would likely require 2 consecutive CL group stage qualifications to raise the funds and a season away from Ibrox.

Converting the current seated terracing into safe standing is pointless and would actually reduce capacity not increase, it needs to be a 2 step terrace for safe standing to work properly.

Your last paragraph is wrong. Safe standing/rail seating would not decrease capacity.

The fans you know are easily replaced with fans that will support the team.

Great reply. I suppose the same thing applies to disabled fans or children all of whom could be excluded and replaced with other fans.

Your attitude is embarrassing.

I’m sure the million quid, custom built commercial facility we will be opening right next door to the stadium will have something to do with it. Or you expecting to walk into the museum for free?
Edmiston House delivering any kind of ROI or a seven figure revenue in season 21/22 feels extremely unlikely. Particularly given it isn’t opening until summer 2022.

The board simply can't be arsed with the idea. That's a sad fact. They have no interest or intention of enhancing the matchday atmosphere.

I think safe standing could fill the whole of the Govan Front and the corners but it seems those that dont want to stand are determined to stop others from standing. All sorts of reasons are given such as
1 It doesnt increase revenue
2 it wont improve atmosphere
3 Im not giving up my seat
4 The UB sang an inappropriate song
5 Ive got a bad back and cant stand

Its soul destroying knowing the atmosphere will just continue being dreadful.
How about there's 50,000 in the stadium of whom about 500 want to stand??

Aye recently voted best atmosphere in UK by well respected football magazine.

Do people expect it rocking for 90mins in every game? Its just not going to happen.

Goodness me. Best atmosphere in the UK? I wonder who voted for that.

Ibrox is like a library and if it wasnt for the UB and others it would be even worse.

I guess you must be very happy with it and dont want any changes.

If safe standing isn't a viable option for the board, then they need to just bite the bullet and put it to bed.

The uncertainty around it creates a breeding ground for those desperate for it. It needs shut down or it needs to be properly scoped.

As always it's poor communication that causes the issues. Same as it is with other areas like disabled access and customer service.

Safe standing has its issues. Plus the club know it has quite a few negative impacts on those that want a different experience. The stadium was developed in the 90s for the all seater ideal. It retains more of the soul and spectacle than most grounds in the UK. The European, design culture and fan expectations are very different. I've never been told to SIT DOON anywhere else.

I don't see why we can't improve disability access around the corners. Seems ideal over those sides of the Govan/Broom loan side especially. Could even incorporate that and your safe standing in redeveloping the Broomloan Stand and rename it after Walter Smith.

Financial report didn’t include bonus payments, good partnership with Castore and interestingly it was mentioned that “we’ve shown we sell a high number of strips in the market”

I couldn’t make today EB. Busy in work.

You got any more detail behind these comments on bonus payments & Castore ?

He’s admitting that it will cut revenue as there isn’t much space. however he did say we have a new disability officer in places and many people working on meaningful plans. So not really getting your point!

We are working on the issue it seems and as someone with a disabled son who gets to go twice a year in the Broxi den, the club is improving but not as fast as some want.
I misread the point that was being ans misinterpreted it. Apologies.

Safe standing has its issues. Plus the club know it has quite a few negative impacts on those that want a different experience. The stadium was developed in the 90s for the all seater ideal. It retains more of the soul and spectacle than most grounds in the UK. The European, design culture and fan expectations are very different. I've never been told to SIT DOON anywhere else.

I don't see why we can't improve disability access around the corners. Seems ideal over those sides of the Govan/Broom loan side especially. Could even incorporate that and your safe standing in redeveloping the Broomloan Stand and rename it after Walter Smith.

50,000 in seats dont want to let others stand. Simple.

I couldn’t make today EB. Busy in work.

You got any more detail behind these comments on bonus payments & Castore ?
I don’t Grigo I’m afraid, I presume it refers to sales targets at the start of the season though so if we sell X amount we get Y £ but I wouldn’t have a scooby what volume of sales would trigger what amount of cash :))

That answers a lot of the noise that our shirt sponsors and digital partners weren’t benefiting us. From quite prominent folk if I remember correctly hmmmm

Fingers crossed that’s because he has something huge lined up for next season :cool:

I don’t think these guys would make public statements without already having this kind of comment already secured Ark ?

Wonder how the scum from the east end are taking this, the lurkers would have been on here all morning ready to report back on their Kiddyfiddler Street forum

A professional AGM without a mention of them.

They have been served with a Class Action that is going to cost them tens of millions to compensate the 25 (and rising) survivors of child abuse but their focus was on getting a Director to retract his words following the passing of one of the greats of Scottish football.

I think they'll be pissing themselves laughing at the way the club ignores those that want to improve the atmosphere.

They get a return in terms of shares for that, not that I say that to belittle their input, its not a grand philanthropic gesture, its made with business brain fully engaged as well as their hearts.
The fans are, and always will be the real heroes of the clubs return to prominence IMO.

These guys have been VITAL to us existing in my opinion TW.

Yes, we as fans supported them, as we always have, but our money doesn’t cover the running costs of the club.

There's a lot of chat about safe standing.
I think Stewart Robertson made it pretty clear that this wasn't even on the to do list never mind being a priority.
Don't see this happening anytime soon.
If it ever happens the people pushing for it will be so tired they'll be glad of a seat. :))

Back