B Team vs Cove Rangers tonight

This was always going to be a tough challenge for our B team tonight.

It's a far higher level than they're used to playing against.

Was very suprised to see McLelland on the bench though I've got to say.

Plenty time to get back into the game though.

He is still their manager. Always tough going there tonight for the B Team. They are a decent outfit with some players who have played at a good level. This should be a reality check for those who complain about young players not getting a chance.

they seem to be dangerous on the break, and have experience in that team, been raining up their on the artificial surface do not think we are coping with the surface, Lowry is trying hard

Frustrating you to me and back to you stuff across the midfield and back. Not much for us going forward and apart from at our goal, lacking width.

Hopefully a more forward thinking second half from the boys.

Makes sense mate.

Hopefully some people will now realise what us and @Valley Bluenose have been saying for weeks.

These players are still a very long way off our 1st team squad level.
On the turn side then you honestly believe if it was our first team up there and 1 of them was placed withing the 11 they couldnt cope?

Listen i know where your coming from but i cant see how 1 of they laddies canny play.

Surely we could of had a bit of experience in the team tonight? We’ve had Katic and Edmundson in recent history - Barker springs to mind for tonight. Unsure if bubbles come into play.

On the turn side then you honestly believe if it was our first team up there and 1 of them was placed withing the 11 they couldnt cope?

Listen i know where your coming from but i cant see how 1 of they laddies canny play.

Not sure where you're coming from with this mate.

Are you suggesting playing a young player, just for the sake of it, despite the fact he isn’t good enough and will weaken the overall team?

That doesn't make sense to me, I'm afraid.

Not sure where you're coming from with this mate.

Are you suggesting playing a young player, just for the sake of it, despite the fact he isn’t good enough and will weaken the overall team?

That doesn't make sense to me, I'm afraid.

No not at all mate but all this there not good enough etc worries me mate.

Surely we could of had a bit of experience in the team tonight? We’ve had Katic and Edmundson in recent history - Barker springs to mind for tonight. Unsure if bubbles come into play.
Yeah, we’re allowed two overage players in the challenge cup.

Kelly is one of them tonight, so nothing to do with bubbles.

Not sure my thoughts on that to be fair, can see the argument about having on the senior players but then again it may be beneficial for the young lads to play without that.

Losing is a big learning curve, especially for a side that win as much as we do - you actually learn more from a loss.

No not at all mate but all this there not good enough etc worries me mate.

You've got to remember they are young, inexperienced players, not used to playing against this level of opponent mate.

Some of them could well be good enough, but not yet.

Don't forget our slightly older and currently superior youngsters are all out on loan in the Premiership and Championship.

You've got to remember they are young, inexperienced players, not used to playing against this level of opponent mate.

Don't forget our slightly older and currently superior youngsters are all out on loan in the Premiership and Championship.

I honestly think its all over the whole of scottish football they get to a level and just stop.

Yeah, we’re allowed two overage players in the challenge cup.

Kelly is one of them tonight, so nothing to do with bubbles.

Not sure my thoughts on that to be fair, can see the argument about having on the senior players but then again it may be beneficial for the young lads to play without that.

Losing is a big learning curve, especially for a side that win as much as we do - you actually learn more from a loss.
Didn’t realise Kelly with them.

I'm not so sure, it's a case of "not good enough", more like they are not ready for the first team. Playing against Cove, is a step up for these lads, who are effectively Under 19s with some exceptions.
Yup. They are indeed young. Pretty sure the Rules for the colts teams in this competition state they must be under 20 as at 31 Dec last year - plus two over age players if you want them. Kelly is one tonight.

You’re not far off, usually about u19s.

I just blame Scott Gemmil and Billy Stark these days.
Mate ive been involved with it for long enough to know there is a problem. I stopped doing what i was doing as i felt i was banging my head against a wall. I gave hamilton a 16 year old right winger who was flying and went to watch him again a few weeks later he was playing left back.

The gap between under 19 football and senior football is huge. The gap from under 19 football to the Rangers first team is almost unimaginable. All of these boys are hugely talented but they come up against streetwise pros and regardless of how much supporters rubbish them, some of these boys can play. They are also physically miles ahead of the kids. If we are going to get boys through then it’s vital that they are playing senior football as early as possible. If they take a few hidings along the way then so be it, they’ll be better for the experience.

I honestly think its all over the whole of scottish football they get to a level and just stop.

Tell that to Nathan Patterson, the McCrories, Greg Doc and Glenn Middleton mate.

All are young Scottish talent who are carving out successful careers for themselves.

I know they didn't all come through our academy, but the principle remains the same.

I do enjoy your posts mate, just a difference of opinion this time.

Back