MOTM Poll Hibernian v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
4-1 to the Rangers.....

Emphatic start, 3 up at half time.

Hibs high line gets ripped against, Gios new style of play. Good passing play & pace will cut them right open.

This will be alot easier than people think.

I obviously hope this turns out to be the case, but it worries me that folk think any game at Easter Rd will be a walk in the park.

When was the last time we went there and strolled it? December 19 maybe, 0-3? Or Warburton's 6-2? But those games aside, I can't recall a game where it wasn't a high tempo battle where we've had to be right on it to get the points. Also, the Hibs fans and players, this season especially, appear to have a bit of dig about them when it comes to playing Rangers - no doubt in part due to the whole Gerrard/Porteous stuff.

Either way, we will need to be proper up for this tonight, and I'd take a scrappy 1-0 right now.

Fancy us to then them over. We usually do good at ER…

McGregor
Tav goldson bassey Borna
Davis kamara
Aribo arifeld kent
Morelos

Was tempted to put Sakala in but thought arfield and aribo have been too good to drop

3-1

Really hoping the team are well up to make up for the previous disaster...Gio should have them primed and ready

A real tough game tonight against average opposition that you know will up their game levels a considerable amount because Rangers are in town.

One we must overcome and win. Certainly not going to be a walk in the park.

Got to keep the winning run under van Bronckhorst going.

Start of a really tough and massive December and then them in January. Dont need me to post a message on that!!!

Into them from the start, seen the pressing game coming back into our game again recently which is good to see, need to be at it from the off

I think Arfield could be a key tonight in pressing their back line

Crucial we get an early goal as well

Owe these Bassas Big Time. Expecting a more Professional performance than the last time we played that lot. Going 3-1 the Sons of William. C'MON THE RANGERS!!!!!!!!

the 2 defensive midfielders is a problem for us m8

Not at Easter Rd it isn't mate.
We go with one defensive mid at Easter Rd and we'll get swamped in the middle of the park.

Doyle Hayes and Newell are both very good central midfielders who create plenty for them, as well as working their socks off.

We need to combat that and control the middle of the park.

I'd like to see....

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Bassey
Barisic

Davis
Kamara

Aribo
Arfield
Kent

Morelos

I think the players need to avoid thoughts of revenge and the semi final as that will make the game an emotionally charged battle and drags us to their level. The thoughts have to be ‘we are simply a better team than them, lets show that’. 0-2

Not at Easter Rd it isn't mate.
We go with one defensive mid at Easter Rd and we'll get swamped in the middle of the park.

Doyle Hayes and Newell are both very good central midfielders who create plenty for them, as well as working their socks off.

We need to combat that and control the middle of the park.

I'd like to see....

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Bassey
Barisic

Davis
Kamara

Aribo
Arfield
Kent

Morelos
When do we expect to see Ryan Jack back in the starting eleven?

Games like this are made for him.

is Simpson injured? Paterson was the only defender on the bench on Sunday, bit of a risk maybe but at least Bassey looks like he’s not going to be the one to come off worse in any collision

When do we expect to see Ryan Jack back in the starting eleven?

Games like this are made for him.

If he's 100% fit and ready, he'd be starting tonight, for me.
Probably in place of Kamara, who's played a lot of football recently.

Here we go with the mad predictions lol
Yip same every game mate.
No one has predicted more than a 3 goal win

Against a hibs side struggling for form

Those predictions may not come true, but they're not mad. No one is predicting 5 or 6 nil. I bet worse teams have beaten Hibs by 3 goals this year.

Probably just upset everyone isn't giving it the "this will be awful, lucky to get a win, hardest game in history of association football" that we usually get.

Nothing wrong with a bit of positivity on here for a change.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Bassey
Patterson

Arfield
Kamara

Hagi
Aribo
Kent

Sakala

Swap the 2 regularly under performing passengers in Barasic and Morelos. Big players for us but they need to rediscover form. Pace from Patterson and Sakala is crucial. Might be awkward to see Patterson on the left but you've got to believe he can stop more crosses coming in there. He doesn't need to overlap with Kent out wide either.

Bring morelos on to batter their tired defence and barasic on out wide like he did with Patterson when if we're protecting a close lead.
Regularly underperformed passengers?

Remind me what happened 2 games ago?

Who got an assist on the weekend.

I guess using your own metrics, you regularly talk pish then

Always a tough place to get 3 points.
They will feel confident after the recent cup win over us, so we need to be on form tonight.
2-1 win for us with Ryan Kent getting a goal.
Let's Gio.

Big game tonight.

Hopefully the team are fired up after that horrific display at Hampden.

Any win will do.

After this we have 4 out of 5 league games at home, so a good chance to go on a run of wins.

This will not be easy. Gio has us fired up and for the most part, we played well at Livi. But…the same defensive frailties that has dogged us this season appeared twice in the first half, and both times Goldson at fault with a simple ball over the top not handled well. I expect Hibs to put a lot into this game. Could be dropped points unless we hit top form.

Regularly underperformed passengers?

Remind me what happened 2 games ago?

Who got an assist on the weekend.

I guess using your own metrics, you regularly talk pish then
Forum innit. Place for opinions mate. Sorry you can't handle that.

Morelos and Barasic have been 2 of the most off form players all season. It doesn't mean I hate them or don't rate them. But it does mean I'd play other people for a while.

I’ve a feeling Patterson might start in the position he’s come on in the last couple of games.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Bassey Barisic
Arfield Kamara
Patterson Aribo Kent
Morelos​

Another cup final for the Leith junkies. Hopefully Gio saw enough at Hampden to come up with something, I m expecting to see a different Rangers tonight.
My main concern is the hope that Morelos doesn’t get drawn into any vendettas with that scumbag Porteous. If we can concentrate and play football there’s no reason why we can’t put them back in their box.

Back