MOTM Poll Hibernian v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We can't possibly play any worse and they won't play any better, hopefully there will be fire in the belly after the cup defeat. I'll go 3-0 Rangers.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Bassey Barisic
Arfield Kamara
Sakala Aribo Kent
Morelos

Kamara dropping deep to help defence allowing Arfield to make late runs from midfield, selected Sakala over Hagi for pace to occupy their defence
I might regret saying this, but Arfield quite often shows up in games that need a bit of grit to dig out a result. He's not the most technically gifted but he can force his way into a game.

3-1 Rangers tonight and a much improved performance from the cup game. Aribo and Kent will be the difference.

I might regret saying this, but Arfield quite often shows up in games that need a bit of grit to dig out a result. He's not the most technically gifted but he can force his way into a game.
My original thought was keeping Hagi on and Sakala up front keeping Morelos on the bench only for the sake they are going to try to wind him up, but with Sakala and Kent's pace could get a few of them booked especially the runt Porteous then bring Morelos on to go at him and wind him if, if that makes sense

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Bassey Barisic
Arfield Kamara
Sakala Aribo Kent
Morelos

Kamara dropping deep to help defence allowing Arfield to make late runs from midfield, selected Sakala over Hagi for pace to occupy their defence
I think today is a day for 2 holding midfielders to screen for the balls that found Nisbet and Boyle in the cup game. I'd love Jack to be fit enough to be one of those.

I think today is a day for 2 holding midfielders to screen for the balls that found Nisbet and Boyle in the cup game. I'd love Jack to be fit enough to be one of those.
I think they will try a high press, what I am hoping for is high tempo one touch passing and getting them on the break and using the pace in behind them... also would love Jack back but TBF not had a lot of minutes maybe if we can get at them and start to look comfortable can get some minutes into him tonight

A Rangers victory by any score will do tonight. A controversial winner will be nice. Expect a few dodgy call by the officials tonight none of which will benefit us. Hopefull tonight will be the start of things going right and our players start putting away the chances we've been missing this season.
defenders need to be ready for the speed diving of their forwards.

My original thought was keeping Hagi on and Sakala up front keeping Morelos on the bench only for the sake they are going to try to wind him up, but with Sakala and Kent's pace could get a few of them booked especially the runt Porteous then bring Morelos on to go at him and wind him if, if that makes sense
Makes perfect sense, especially if the buffalo is back! I'd like to see Alfie on from the start though, he loves a goal against that lot.

If he can hold the ball up, the pace of Kent and Sakala could do some damage. Without some protection from the ref (no laughing at the back!) I can see Porteous doing his best to leave something on Kent. Happy to see that thug sent off or have to walk a tightrope on a yellow so long as no-one gets injured when he picks up a card.

Makes perfect sense, especially if the buffalo is back! I'd like to see Alfie on from the start though, he loves a goal against that lot.

If he can hold the ball up, the pace of Kent and Sakala could do some damage. Without some protection from the ref (no laughing at the back!) I can see Porteous doing his best to leave something on Kent. Happy to see that thug sent off or have to walk a tightrope on a yellow so long as no-one gets injured when he picks up a card.
Hope someone has a t-shirt on saying not happy now to Porteous

Probably my most eagerly awaited games, really enjoy a game against Hibs.

Do they raise their game? who doesn't?

Still, we have had some crackers against them the last few years.

If they come out to play, and it is an almost nailed on certainty they will after the semi, then we should be in for another tough test and good game.

Up to us to beat them, not point moaning that they try against us, that is or at least should be the very essence of what sport is.

Bring it on, a hard fought 2-4 to the Rangers for me ;) :D

I think our midfield has been a bit 'open' in the two games under GvB as we've committed more to attack. Sparta, in particular, had way too much of the ball for my liking - even with two nominally holding. Throw in the fact that Hibs 'tactic' at Hampden was to lump the ball long to Nisbett for him to knock it on to Boyle - and remembering that Bassey isn't as good in the air as Balogun - and I too think we could do with two holding in midfield for this game. For one, it should help us secure more second balls and for another it should help us establish control of the game without leaving us open to that long, high ball. I'd love it if Jack were able to start but I think it will be Saturday before we see him again.

Gio should learn a lot about his players tonight. I expect a tough test, but still think we can finish with all 3 points.
Gio will be itching to get in about them, he was visibly upset while in attendance at the semi. Basically raging.

I reckon anyone who has the privilege of a start tonight and doesn't follow instructions to the letter or show 100% effort will quickly understand what Gio was talking about when he mentioned having a Hard Manager.

Gio should learn a lot about his players tonight. I expect a tough test, but still think we can finish with all 3 points.
Gio has already learned a lot about their players though from the semi. I reckon he'll know how to set up to beat them.

We need to get right into them. Win second ball in midfield and play with pace. 2-0 to the Famous.

Watch the first Hibs corner they get tonight, Porteous will steam in and foul the first defender…they scored from that at Hampden and I noticed he did it against St Johnstone at the weekend too.
We need to be wise to it and have the ref looking for it

Could be, might have been necessary with the old tactics.

Exciting but tonight we might see something quite different!
Possibly, there is certainly less chance of both fullbacks being caught up the pitch at the same time now. Perhaps the need for 2 holding midfielders was a result of the very high positions they took up under Gerrard.

Watch the first Hibs corner they get tonight, Porteous will steam in and foul the first defender…they scored from that at Hampden and I noticed he did it against St Johnstone at the weekend too.
We need to be wise to it and have the ref looking for it
Let him try to steam into Bassey, like running into a brick wall.

I’m buzzing for this game, I think our new more direct style and high wide wingers will create holes all over the place for us to exploit. Blazers must be delighted to get a bit of revenge after last week. if we are not at it we may as well give it up, however I have a real good feeling that we will reverse the last score line v them.

Beaton against Hibs is still to this day one of, if not the worst refereeing performances I've ever seen.
It was the worst I've ever seen. He shouldn't have got another game after that. It was incredible. Even if you take the emotion out of it and just look at the decision making its abysmal.

Back