Dave King cranks up Rangers board beef by revealing he opposed Graeme Park over 'moral obligation'

These groups should've all gone when everything started to go back to normal.

During the tough times and spiv years, absolutely it was good to have outlets where we could push together and make a difference.

These ownership vehicles and fan groups banding together to make cash via proxy need to end.

Rangers are in good hands, put your money into the club, and enjoy the ride that is Glasgow Rangers.
Spot on mate.

To continue to pursue this pish is just a nonsense.

King is very clearly for King and that's not a problem for me.

However, two things that seem to indicate a real misstep in an understanding of where the support lands on this for his part. Granting an interview to the Record of all papers is a poor decision, he's out of touch and just leaves many Rangers fans just shaking their heads I'm sure. Then his need to sell his shares appears to be clouding his view of how C1872 is currently seen by a wide section of the Rangers support. He has to know at this point they won't raise funds to buy his shares and I fail to see how attacking the board in public changes that.

He's either getting very poor advice on this or it's just Dave King being at his most antagonistic best because he can.

Club1872 doesn't engage with RSCs, doesn't engage with the Union Bears, doesn't engage with the average families going to Ibrox, doesn't engage with the guy who's had the same seat for 30 years, doesn't engage with the guy who's had a seat for a year.

They are a select group, spread through family and friends of friends etc etc, who all want to put on a suit and Rangers tie and say "look at me"

If we truly left control to these types of groups, we'd be as well shutting the doors n turning off the bloody lights.

It gives me the absolute fear man.

I'm happy for us to have a controlling board, and majority shareholders, provided they are the right people.. That can be held to account by supporters.

King et al Club 1872, please, do your fighting behind closed doors, and don't interrupt things by petty off park nonsense.

There's 40m on the line here, and our board are doing a grand job, as is Gio and the team.

Leave it be.

So now after everything that King has done for the club, he is now the bad man? The trouble maker so to speak?

The man certainly has his faults, but one thing we know about Dave, he has Rangers Football Club at heart.
And always has.

I know our current board in general, are also doing a very decent job, but we have to open minded about everything that is going on.

Ever since what happened, happened, we have just so wanted Rangers men in charge.Well we have that now, and have for some time.

But we are all human and mistakes can be made, and not everybody has the same motivation either.People are different.

I don’t know Graeme Park, but he has made mistakes in the past.
Some glaring.But again that shouldn’t make him a pariah either.

There seems to be a real chasm, between King and the current board.
Which is a real shame, as they both equally stepped forwards, when others wouldn’t, and helped save the club.

King seems to intimate to me, that there is something going on the background.Which could adversely affect the running of the club.In the long run or short.Or maybe I have the wrong end of the shtick?

The financial numbers still scare me, as right now we are back at the ‘roulette table’ again.A scenario I hoped and prayed we would never see again.
A roll of the dice can be equally as thrilling, as heartbreaking.
And trust me where I live, this is a way of life for some.
But it’s still a mug’s game.In my opinion.

Maybe the split is down to personalities.I don’t know.
But before taking any sides, all sides have to be heard.

Both it would seem have the club at heart, which is important and satisfying to know.But have diverse ways of trying to make the club sustainable and ultimately successful.

Both can right.
And there are two sides to every story.

Either way.Let’s hope it gets sorted amicably and soon, and going forward #56, or the riches brings with it, secures our future.
Once and for all.
It’s not about taking sides. Dave did a great job In clearing out the spivs and in the first half of our recovery. He then ran out of cash, left the club in a very vulnerable financial position and left it for others to sort out the mess. Doesn’t take away from what he did earlier but that’s the harsh truth. What he says now is somewhat irrelevant - as you can see from his votes there is little he can do about the current leadership.

King did a good job when he was there and now the new board are doing a superb job. King should have the good grace to remain low key and support the club and have a graceful retirement.

What is the problem with Park Jnr? I’ve seen various comments against him on here and elsewhere but nothing specific. Is it Pedro?

Rumour I heard was it was down to the treatment of Chris Graham post-King (i.e. removal of company car and salary for 'helping' C1872. I won't be surprised if their new 'full time helper' has the initials CG)

As a C1872 member, the King influence worries me

It’s probably fair to say park jnr doesnt have much about him. Has he ever even gave an interview?

So king has gone after him, likely as the board would prefer cash from club 1872 in the form of share purchase, than buy from him.

All very sad.

1. King ran the numbers no better than Park and co (which isn't a criticism BTW, the way things were done was imo correct to get optimal on field success).
2. If there is a problem behind the scenes, and I don't believe there is, then King has a duty as main shareholder to clearly illustrate it, not leak attention seeking pish to the Daily Record.
How do you know this story came from King’s side?

It’s probably fair to say park jnr doesnt have much about him. Has he ever even gave an interview?

So king has gone after him, likely as the board would prefer cash from club 1872 in the form of share purchase, than buy from him.

All very sad.
How you know he hasn't much about him

Do board members need to do interviews

It’s not about taking sides. Dave did a great job In clearing out the spivs and in the first half of our recovery. He then ran out of cash, left the club in a very vulnerable financial position and left it for others to sort out the mess. Doesn’t take away from what he did earlier but that’s the harsh truth. What he says now is somewhat irrelevant - as you can see from his votes there is little he can do about the current leadership.

King did a good job when he was there and now the new board are doing a superb job. King should have the good grace to remain low key and support the club and have a graceful retirement.
Fair comment.
Is this all common knowledge, or supposition on your part?
I live in the states, so not privy to this.

Or God forbid… opinion?

Rumour I heard was it was down to the treatment of Chris Graham post-King (i.e. removal of company car and salary for 'helping' C1872. I won't be surprised if their new 'full time helper' has the initials CG)

As a C1872 member, the King influence worries me
So in other words King had a jobs for boys, Park didn’t like it and eradicated it.

Would explain King’s vendetta if the board have removed the ultimate blazer chaser CG

All very sad.
I don’t think thats fair at all mate. He’s got an active role in the family businesses, and while he may have had his path laid out for him, he was still made to work his way there.

Nobody is obliged to give interviews or come on camera. People within the company are paid to do that. Our RIFC board are all unpaid. Obviously they have many perks and expenses covered, but they don’t take a salary.

Woah. King is so offbeat here. He hasn't a clue.

There is a disconnect with Club 1872 and the supporters. It's not a fan ownership vehicle, it's a blazer chasing project.

I've no interest in Club1872, and they've no connection to the wider support, all very cliquey and inhouse these days.
What do you mean by ‘blazer chasing project’? I hate the phrase ‘blazer chasing’ - it’s a lazy and empty comment.

I have my issues with the current C1872 board, to the extent that I discontinued my subscription, but I hardly think them falling out with the current Rangers board can be described as ‘blazer chasing’ - the very opposite is true.

I have said many times elsewhere that I would happily buy shares directly from Dave King if that was possible.

However, I will not buy them through club 1872 as the organization has clearly breached numerous obligations that it is expected to adhere to as part of being a custodian of people’s property.

If Mr. King can make blocks of his shares available for people to buy directly through a broker with the money going straight to him, then I could imagine it would be a significant purchase among the support.

If he started at blocks of £100 going up to £100,000, he would sell millions.

He might still be left with a substantial holding but it would be purchased over a longer period of time.

I, like many other people, I’m not going to spend my hard earned to buy shares that I don’t own and have no control over.

If club 1872 was properly run, and I owned some of Dave King’s shares independently, I may well proxy my votes to club 1872.

Again, that can easily be made up.
Not saying you are wrong, but ...like I said to HK Ranger what is King's motivation for stirring up shit?
What does he gain by this?
No idea. I just think he's a bit out of touch with the average fans perception of C1872 and the board.
He wants his money for his shares. That's been abundantly clear for a long while. And that's fine. But there's nothing to be gained from this.

I have said many times elsewhere that I would happily buy shares directly from Dave King if that was possible.

However, I will not buy them through club 1872 as the organization has clearly breached numerous obligations that it is expected to adhere to as part of being a custodian of people’s property.

If Mr. King can make blocks of his shares available for people to buy directly through a broker with the money going straight to him, then I could imagine it would be a significant purchase among the support.

If he started at blocks of £100 going up to £100,000, he would sell millions.

He might still be left with a substantial holding but it would be purchased over a longer period of time.

I, like many other people, I’m not going to spend my hard earned to buy shares that I don’t own and have no control over.

If club 1872 was properly run, and I owned some of Dave King’s shares independently, I may well proxy my votes to club 1872.
I'm in full agreement with that post.
Which would give the added pleasure of owning some of the shares that saved the club from the rapists who were in charge.

No chance in hell now,DK is getting his money through Spiv1872.Why on earth can’t he see this.?

Move on Dave your nonsense about backing the fans and the club can be dispelled by virtue of the fact you have went running to a rag that hates us and prints lie after lie whilst never condemning that other mhob or the Natsi Government who hang the fanbase at every opportunity no matter what other fans or groups do.
And as for your interest payback on a loan depriving the Club of extra cash and you were the one who removed us from the stock exchange, personally I find you rather tedious now.
Where are you now whilst Mr Park takes on the Spfl & the SFA over the club's integrity regards cinch etc?

Why does King feel the need to go public with this and why use the Record?
He is accusing you and your fellow requisitioners of working directly for the club, at the behest of the board. I have no issues at all defending King the vast majority of the time and I will tend to give him the benefit of the doubt where it is at all possible but this is a strange one and his reading of what has happened with C1872 appears to be at odds with the reality of the situation. Unless he is saying that the club board used the happy coincidence of you guys doing your work to marginalise C1872, he is saying you were doing it at their command and that is simply not the case.

The biggest concern is that I believe King to have the best interests of the club at heart and I think his actions on the whole proves this. That means that we have to consider the notion that he has good reason for what he is saying and doing, as disruptive and potentially devastating as it may be.

Last edited:
King really needs to wrap this nonsense. If there is something he wants the support to know about Park Jr, then say it. Running to the Daily Record is embarrassing given he knows fine well the fans thoughts on that rag.

Exactly this.

No issue at all with him voting however he sees fit - that’s the deal when you buy shares.

No issue with him planning to sell to club1872, that’s his choice.

However, all the ‘what I know & you don’t’ stuff is tiresome.

Put it out there in black and white and then maybe you’d get some support in your beliefs. Until king does this it just increasingly looks like sour grapes

I have absolutely no idea what King is playing at here but to see him spill his guts to the Record is very disappointing.

The Club 1872 remarks are so wide of the mark and an insult to every supporter who withdrew their season ticket money and gave up their seats in order to remove the spivs in 2015.

Ir wasn't all about your pals at Club 1872 Dave. Everyone played their part.

Last edited:
Hope Park gathers some cash and approaches DK for his shares tbh.

Even if they need to consort with other investors.

King when not directly involved in something has a tendency to take his ball and go home, and he has the majority of Rangers shares.

I'd rather Park and the likes took those shares than Club 1872 tbh. They don't and will never have the funds available to make Rangers what we expect it to be.
No he doesn’t.

He desperately wants C1872 to buy his shares which is perfectly understandable IMO, and he's always been working towards that end, but RFC's share issue put a spoke in that.

However, IMO from reading between the lines, he seems to be trying to influence the C1872 board to work to his agenda from the shadows (with no great resistance from them BTW) which is a bit off. Most of the internal ills of C1872 originate from around the time King and the C1872 board started trying to push this agenda. When their motives were brought into question, instead of C1872 board looking for common ground with RM and Co. to seek some sort of compromise, they came out all guns blazing which only served to widen the gap between them and a sizeable chunk of C1872 members.

For the best interests of all involved, and Rangers fans in general, some compromise needs to be worked out in private well aware from the gutter press who - let's face it - despise us.

I have stopped contributing to C1872, and this nonsense you are referring to is a big part of it.

I just don’t see the benefit of C1872 buying King’s shares when they can contribute cash to the club. It helps Dave King, not Rangers.

I get the point that c1872 objective is to grow its share of the club, but surely to get fan support it’s much better to fund the club’s operations.

Last edited:

Not on his own he didn’t. I’ve posted previously that Dave put himself front and centre from the offset, he would have achieved the square root of zero without the others who went about their business in relative quiet. Who, in fact, continue to go about their business in relative quiet while investing time and again until the ship is steadied.

I will always be thankful to Dave for his part but if he isn’t careful he will sour his relationship with the ‘ordinary’ Rangers supporters, not that he will really care such is his nature.

Sad and depressing the fight between the board and King.
Keep it in house or come out lay it all on the table and let the fans make there own mind up.
Leaking shite like this to the Record is doing no one any favours

Love King for what he did to save our club from the spivs, but now I just wish he'd shut up and leave us in peace.

Defending Club1872 while doing an interview with the Daily Record.

If more evidence was ever needed that King hasn't got a clue as to the current standing of things involving Rangers than I can't help you.

Look forward to his next statement saying something stupid in a few months. Seems to happen quarterly.

Keep it in house or come out lay it all on the table and let the fans make there own mind up.
There’s no fight ‘between’ anyone from where I’m sitting. This looks like Dave sounding off.

King’s always been out of touch I’m glad some folk are starting to see his true colours now that we’ve moved on from the good work the clubs done in getting better folk in charge.

His point about G.Park is probably legitimate though, but why drag him and the club through the mud via them arseholes in The Record. Every now and again there’s something you’ll never be able to get your head around.
Based on what?

Fair comment.
Is this all common knowledge, or supposition on your part?
I live in the states, so not privy to this.

Or God forbid… opinion?
Look at the location of the poster you are replying to and have a think who he could be. I think it’s worth listening to him

These groups should've all gone when everything started to go back to normal.

During the tough times and spiv years, absolutely it was good to have outlets where we could push together and make a difference.

These ownership vehicles and fan groups banding together to make cash via proxy need to end.

Rangers are in good hands, put your money into the club, and enjoy the ride that is Glasgow Rangers.
Too many ego-maniacs in our support for that to happen. Literally everything relating to the Rangers support has elements of division; how many podcasts, bloggers, forums, vloggers etc do we need?

The reason we have so many is because some of our fans want to be “known”

Based on I don’t know what he brings to us - he’s the person personally responsible for Pedro Caixhina - his appointment screamed nepotism
1) A good point, you ‘don’t know’ so have assumed the worst.

2) He wasn’t ‘personally’ responsible, he was part of a committee that made a recommendation to others, including the then Chairman. The appointment didn’t work.

I’d counter that by saying the appointments of, for example, Ross Wilson and James Bisgrove appear to have been good ones. Graeme Park was heavily involved in both.

Very strange behaviour from King in recent months. Backing an absolute dead rubber in club1872, releasing a statement about himself the night before Gerrard left the club and now using the record to have a go at the board.

He seems incredibly out of touch and trying to rock the boat probaby so the board consider buying the shares from him.

There’s no fight ‘between’ anyone from where I’m sitting. This looks like Dave sounding off.

Fair enough he should then make it clear what his moral obligation was in opposing Park.
Or preferably stay silent.
Running to the daily record of all places is the most dissapointing thing for me

It's doing the board a favour.

Massive own goal from King going to the record.

Back