Match Thread ** Rangers v Celtic - 12:00 Sunday 11th - Sky Sports **

Disappointed with the result of course, and we've only ourselves to blame today, this was the opportunity and we still came up short. However, I think we played well and we weren't totally dominated. People wanted to see fight and the team going for it, we did that. Other than a 10-15 minute spell at the end of the first half we were the better side. I think since our return to the top flight that's been our best performance against them.

They still have an edge of quality over us in every area of the park with the exception of full back. The difference in quality varies position by position, their CMs are significantly better IMO and that's where you see the biggest difference, their attackers and CHs marginally better than ours. We need to secure two or three quality players in the summer if we want to compete next year.

We need something from Morelos in the semi-final.

I'm a big fan of the boy but that miss from a couple of yards out is just unacceptable.

He needs to step up and make his mark in these games.

Nah, not good enough.

30 mins at home against 10 men - we can’t be losing from that situation.

Players absolutely withdrew today when our chance presented itself.

Bit of bad luck with Bates and we fall apart defensively. Individual mistakes all over the place, composure, confidence and final ball back to square one.

Not a game for the innexperienced and it showed.

We were without a load of players today, we will come again.

Any lingering hopes of the title are now extinguished. Would have loved a player to take a red for snapping that spastic brown in 2. Grates me seeing him lord it on our pitch

We blew it big style

That mob are pish, we played better against 11 men than 10! No cutting edge and we lack a leader in the team.

Cardoso should never play again for us, shambles

It's the first OF game in years where we've gone in as arguably the better team and we bottled it. Too many of our team didn't show up today when they were there for the taking. Pish.

lets just be honest guys we ran out of ideas, windass goal aside was invisible we played with 10 men

Game was there for the taking and all we needed to do was get into a lead when they were down to ten and we could’ve smashed them.
They made a tactical change when they went down to ten but we didn’t seem to which meant they left one up top as they could as we changed nothing.
To dominate a team down to ten you’ve gotta increase your attacking options. We didn’t and we paid for it.

The moment they went down to 10, we should have made the substitution and pushed 2 up front with Morelos and Cummings - not doing that allowed them to make a tactical change - and they scored from it. Boyata was already diabolical, we should have exposed him more with 2 strikers.

Despite some impressive form over the past few games, frailties have been exposed again.

As a bare minimum Rangers must bring in 2 quality central defenders. Then there's the midfield - Goss was posted missing, Docherty is still young and needs to develop and there was too little creativity on offer. It was left to wide positions - John and Murphy on the left and Tav and Candeas on the right - for all of the attacking threat. As for up front? Morelos simply isnt composed enough to be a big game player right now. In high pressure games he misses too many clear cut chances.

The side today had every chance to secure a win but were found wanting. On that performance there are still 5 or 6 players who'd need to be upgraded in order to make the difference.

Lack of experience in Midfield, Wes was not up to his best and Buffalo should of scored. Pissed off to say the least.

WATP

Awful 2nd half performance. We're still well short of challenging that lot. Need players who can cope better with the physical side of the game.

Lots and lots of absolute fucking wummin on this thread.

You're a bunch of greeting faced arseholes.
I hate coming on the match thread at times when we are not winning a game but any frustration felt after a defeat like that is hard to take and the team are going to have to take the slagging that is coming.
Awful performance from the end of the first half onwards fucking awful

To all the josh windass bed wetters on here, the guy is not good enough. Scored a goal and disappeared again, waste of space

I know goss was poor but what was Murty thinking moving Windass back into central midfield. Surely holt on for goss and Cummings for windass

at 10 men cummings should have been brought on for windass or goss, even then id have brought on holt at HT for windass or goss, Our midfield was shocking.

Alves for his wages is useless imo

Gutted.

But the fact I expected more is progress.

Our defence needs to strengthen. Windass is the player that some thought Pena was - a genuine threat but absent at everything else. Morelos missed a sitter but still contributed massively. We could have hoped for more against 10 men but they parked a bus and got away with it. Their second equalising goal and winning goal would not have been scored against our first choice defence. We have all our defensive mid options out injured.

In the next game, i’ll still be expecting that 11 to win. And we will strengthen more.

We should feel the pain. But they are feeling the fear. We were not meant to be this close.

To go ahead twice and make the same mistake of constantly giving them time and space in the middle and gifting away possession was ridiculous. Half an hour against 10 men in the 2nd half and still we couldn't rise to the occasion. We have no luck with injuries in these games but defensively we were appalling.

Very disappointing performance from us.

Back