MyGers Points Update

I would be more than happy for TC to become separate. I’m currently on 1562 points and wouldnt lose any if it was separated.

I think plenty would fall below me if that were the case. Points for historical TC memberships is worth about 60 points alone I think.

The sensible thing to happen is MyGers & TC separated it’s also 2022 how on earth can we not have two separate point systems. I’d go as far as scrapping points for anything else that isn’t game related as that’s not really a ticketing loyalty system what was sold to us in the first place, it’s a deepest pocket system.

None of this will happen and the same arguments will continue whilst the TO use windows 89.

The sensible thing to happen is MyGers & TC separated it’s also 2022 how on earth can we not have two separate point systems. I’d go as far as scrapping points for anything else that isn’t game related as that’s not really a ticketing loyalty system what was sold to us in the first place, it’s a deepest pocket system.

None of this will happen and the same arguments will continue whilst the TO use windows 89.
Great points but unfortunately as we all know it was will fall on deaf ears!

Just keep paying them the money and do what we’re told

I would be more than happy for TC to become separate. I’m currently on 1562 points and wouldnt lose any if it was separated.

I think plenty would fall below me if that were the case. Points for historical TC memberships is worth about 60 points alone I think.
I agree with this, sitting on 1540 ish now and still not had an away ticket, applied for all bar one plus missed the chance for St. Johnstone due to the window not being open long enough for me to notice the email or thread on here.

I am expecting Ross County in a few weeks though.

Breaking my self-imposed sabbatical.

I think we’re now approaching the stage that the club have a “Travel Club” as an add-on option to MyGers, this will result in fans paying slightly more but then removes the possibility of people being “glory hunters” and only registering for glamour ties*

*Caveat being, if people that intend to be selective and only go to hand-picked games (I.e those in gold that only want to go to big teams like Real or last 32/16 games) pay the entry fee, then it’s a similar situation

For the club they earn more and can say they’ve listened to feedback; for fans that have been disadvantaged, nothing much changes. I heard the chat that was going about after Lyon and there’s ticket office staff admitting the TC should’ve never been changed.

There’s still far too many issues but I’ve lost interest in arguing the rights/wrongs anymore. I’m probably better off with MyGers now so it is, what it is: guaranteed euro tickets, more tickets than I’d get on CCCS, guaranteed hampden tickets and better chance for Parkhead. Just a pity I need to buy crap I don’t want but got to play the game

I'm 100 points off gold and I wasn't anywhere near a Brondby ticket if I travelled indy, I had to do the day trip to guarantee a ticket even though I had 10 travel club points before it was scrapped, I also wasn't anywhere near the Lyon point requirement before all the drama happened with that trip.

The system is flawed - the club know it (from a club employee in Lyon) and it needs changes, will they change it? Going by Greg's messages on here probably not.

Only interested in £, simple as that.
Although I agree the system is flawed - but in what way is the flawed system directly affecting you?

Is it because your domestic record is dragging down your Euro away record - to the point you now struggle to achieve the points requirement to attend Euro competition away games?

Or is it because they done away with the travel club?

I know my domestic record has enhanced my own chances of getting a Euro away game and the 15 points on offer for buying a single Euro away game is appreciated but does not sit right with me to give enhanced priority points for attendance in comparison to maximum points offered for attending every other Rangers game.

I was a shitty 811 yesterday, today I'm 841. Can I buy some points off you big earners to get me to silver;)

Breaking my self-imposed sabbatical.

I think we’re now approaching the stage that the club have a “Travel Club” as an add-on option to MyGers, this will result in fans paying slightly more but then removes the possibility of people being “glory hunters” and only registering for glamour ties*

*Caveat being, if people that intend to be selective and only go to hand-picked games (I.e those in gold that only want to go to big teams like Real or last 32/16 games) pay the entry fee, then it’s a similar situation

For the club they earn more and can say they’ve listened to feedback; for fans that have been disadvantaged, nothing much changes. I heard the chat that was going about after Lyon and there’s ticket office staff admitting the TC should’ve never been changed.

There’s still far too many issues but I’ve lost interest in arguing the rights/wrongs anymore. I’m probably better off with MyGers now so it is, what it is: guaranteed euro tickets, more tickets than I’d get on CCCS, guaranteed hampden tickets and better chance for Parkhead. Just a pity I need to buy crap I don’t want but got to play the game
That's exactly what should happen, they could have easily charged £20 extra for people wanting to join the TC, but you can only join it if your a MyGers member, could have made an extra couple of hundred thousand easily and we would've paid it.

The guy next to me on the official flight to Brondby was doing his first trip since Barcelona 2008, I have no idea how they got it so wrong honestly.

The euro points don actually show in most recent points history like league game updates . They show when they were purchased .
Home points show on original purchase but nothing showing for Brondby/Lyon away

Think some will be expecting an additional 15 for the 3 home games, not realising they’ve already been added to the totals

Although I agree the system is flawed - but in what way is the flawed system directly affecting you?

Is it because your domestic record is dragging down your Euro away record - to the point you now struggle to achieve the points requirement to attend Euro competition away games?

I know my domestic record has enhanced my own chances of getting a Euro away game and the 15 points on offer for buying a single Euro away game is appreciated but does not sit right with me to give enhanced priority points for attendance in comparison to maximum points offered for attending every other Rangers game.
It's affecting me because I was almost guaranteed a ticket for most euro away games because I accumulated the points by going to dross like Macedonia and Luxembourg etc.

Domestically I agree something had to change, I got the majority of my tickets off my bus over the years, same as this season I've only had 2 tickets officially through MyGers (Hibs and Dundee) the rest I've acquired elsewhere, I've only missed Tynecastle and it looks like Aberdeen may be a struggle.

The only thing that's improved is tickets for semi finals and finals it seems.

Yeah exactly - this is where the fundamental flaw is. The enhanced points for Euro aways basically creates a system where one theoretical supporter goes to 2 Euro away games but doesn’t bother with any lower-demand Ibrox games while another supporter goes to every single game at Ibrox in a season (including 2 friendlies and 3 cup games against lower division teams) yet the guy who went to the 5 lower-demand games is deemed to be 5 points less ‘loyal’ than the guy who chose to go a couple of Euro trips and not bother with any Ibrox games that weren’t league/Europa?

That’s quite evidently not working as a loyalty system which was my point yesterday @Greg Marshall

If the club system is so stuck in the dark ages that Travel Club can’t run concurrently with MyGers then the points imbalance needs to be addressed otherwise people who go a European trip a season but don’t bother their arse with League Cup games against Stirling are always going to be above everyone else.

I also can’t get my head around 15 points being awarded for a Euro away game but none awarded at the moment for domestic away games (because they will be awarded based on the number of applications/purchases made available to your tier). Both are the exact same situation as far as I can see - the demand for both far outweighs the supply meaning those desperate for Euro away tickets but just missing out are just going to keep falling further and further behind…

It's affecting me because I was almost guaranteed a ticket for most euro away games because I accumulated the points by going to dross like Macedonia and Luxembourg etc.

Domestically I agree something had to change, I got the majority of my tickets off my bus over the years, same as this season I've only had 2 tickets officially through MyGers (Hibs and Dundee) the rest I've acquired elsewhere, I've only missed Tynecastle and it looks like Aberdeen may be a struggle.

Without being disrespectful the places you choose to go to in European games is irrelevant - how you acquire your tickets for both domestic and European games is most certainly relevant- a boy I'm friendly with has attended many Euro aways over the years and has been in the home end at Euro games probably more often than in the official away areas due to the way he sourced the tickets- unfortunately he very seldom used his season ticket at Ibrox as he prefers the AWAY experience for both domestic and European games - He is now languishing in bronze tier because of his previous choices and wants the travel club reinstated as he is angry at not being able to get any official Euro away tickets from the club anymore and blames the introduction of MyGers members to apply for and purchase Euro tickets ahead of him

I agree it’s why the travel club should be separate . But in the example you posted above the club makes more from the sale of programmes , so not hard to see why they’ve come to the decision .
There still needs to be a middeground somewhere regardless

5 programme should not be the same amount of points as a euro away

@Greg Marshall i know points are given for buying an annual RTV subscription but I also think the standard £6.99 monthly one should be rewarded in some way

Even if it was 1 point for every month you pay it or something.

Think it’s quite poor that there is zero reward for this yet you get points for buying a match programme despite a monthly RTV costing more than a match programme. It doesn’t really make sense.

I'm gold and had 10 travel club points and still had to get a brondby ticket from a mate

Its ridiculous to say the club can't run two separate systems

Tell the truth @Greg Marshall they can't be bothered running two separate systems

Without being disrespectful the places you choose to go to in European games is irrelevant - how you acquire your tickets for both domestic and European games is most certainly relevant- a boy I'm friendly with has attended many Euro aways over the years and has been in the home end at Euro games probably more often than in the official away areas due to the way he sourced the tickets- unfortunately he very seldom used his season ticket at Ibrox as he prefers the AWAY experience for both domestic and European games - He is now languishing in bronze tier because of his previous choices and wants the travel club reinstated as he is angry at not being able to get any official Euro away tickets from the club anymore and blames the introduction of MyGers members to apply for and purchase Euro tickets ahead of him
Sorry for him a little but he funds other teams to the cost of the team he supports. Unfortunately the away games are more atmospheric but if we all did that Rangers would be paupers. Support begins at Ibrox.
To say someone who prioritises giving money to other clubs is just nonsense
I feel sorry for those who used to go in Europe because they could not travel regularly to Ibrox from Europe and maybe only got to Ibrox 3/4 times a year.

In essence a travel club section in Mygers would be a great idea but in starting it up now is likely to give Gold Members a head start. In long run would be more equitable though. Semis Finals should go to Season Ticket holders who go every week

If when we have a bad season seatsub will generate diddly squat. I for one would like to highlight supporters clubs more positively going forward for home and away games possibly by giving points in some way to ST holders travelling on supporters buses going forward.

There is no ideal solution and no perfect supporter

They should still be worth a lot more than 5 points

They should still be worth a lot more than 5 points
Why? Put forward a concrete argument as to why purchasing one away ticket through our ticket office should be worth more than all others - especially where Rangers receive little or none of the ticket money from away tickets sold

I think you're missing the point, I accumulated the points by attending the matches regardless of where they were, why should I be content with home end tickets when I had high travel club points?

Remember it's branded a loyalty scheme.

Last edited:
As someone with a young family and a business going away for 3 days to watch rangers isnt really viable. Would love it but i cant. So i totally agree on the travel club being separate. Should we get to a final again then theres a chance i might not get a ticket or i might. But for guys that follow us abroad and cant get to Ibrox i feel its a bit unfair.

That's exactly what should happen, they could have easily charged £20 extra for people wanting to join the TC, but you can only join it if your a MyGers member, could have made an extra couple of hundred thousand easily and we would've paid it.

The guy next to me on the official flight to Brondby was doing his first trip since Barcelona 2008, I have no idea how they got it so wrong honestly.

I agree that the Travel Club should be separate.

But the tone of your posts never come across well.. you've used the phrase "glory hunting" more than once on these threads which is pretty ironic given you're in silver.. but then talk about all the euro away trips you've done which is the most fun you can have following Rangers.

Its pretty simple.. if you've been a ST holder and applied for all away and cup games through your ST the last 5 years you'll be in Gold (anyone who wanted to attend every game will have done that).. I wouldn't class that as glory hunting.

I think you're missing the point, I accumulated the points by attending the marches regardless of where they were, why should I be content with home end tickets when I had high travel club points?

Remember it's branded a loyalty scheme.
No the point is where you sourced all your tickets to accumulate your total MyGers points - if over the years you had signed up to and bought every Domestic ticket from Rangers, you would be comfortable in low gold tier - and if you were a member of the travel club previous purchases would give you historical points that would be added to the domestic total and escalate you up to middle or top of gold tier.

MyGers has become A branded loyalty scheme that cover both domestic and European games - A loyalty scheme that rather than being selective on what scheme suits the individual personally be that the travel club or away cccs or whether they purchase tickets through official club means or sourced individually for domestic games - both schemes have been combined to award loyalty points for official purchases only.

all games attended (home and away) have now effectively become a part of the Branded loyalty scheme where points are awarded not only for ticket purchase but for actual attendance.

those that missed the home league game against Dundee never got 5 points unless they used seatsub - your attendance for both home and away games will undoubtedly impact your future ability to access and purchase tickets not only domestically but European as well with the MyGers Brand.

and this unfortunately is where many travel club members find themselves taken from guaranteed tickets for European games to fighting it out with those like me who are in gold purely because of domestic points gained and who can now apply for European away games

So with the registration email that’s just been sent out, it appears people have now moved up tiers without an adjustment to the points thresholds.

Not sure if this is now going to allow them to register for the remaining away games in the tier above the one they were in before an adjustment to the thresholds is made.

The ticket site is still showing the thresholds set in October.

So with the registration email that’s just been sent out, it appears people have now moved up tiers without an adjustment to the points thresholds.

Not sure if this is now going to allow them to register for the remaining away games in the tier above the one they were in before an adjustment to the thresholds is made.

Just in time for Ross County then. So silvers will get tickets out the gold pool

There’ll be a week or two of people going nuts and the club won’t even be forthcoming with an apology. Rinse and repeat every time there’s a threshold update :D

The SLO will get bombarded again, through no fault of his own

Pretty sure this happened back in October too.

Just in time for Ross County then. So silvers will get tickets out the gold pool

There’ll be a week or two of people going nuts and the club won’t even be forthcoming with an apology. Rinse and repeat every time there’s a threshold update :D

Points will be completed this week and thresholds updated after. Won’t be a ballot anytime soon.

Pretty sure this happened back in October too.
It did, the club got made aware, they pretended it wasn’t a mistake and fronted it out

No comment on it, no apology. Another flaw of MyGers being a manual shambles.

Just when I thought I could step away

Points will be completed this week and thresholds updated after. Won’t be a ballot anytime soon.
You honestly got trust that thresholds will ge updated for Ross County?

Even if they are, it doesn’t bode well if they’re going to require luck every 3 months in terms of when away games fall

Still baffled how they don't update the points threshold before the update.

Looks like I have went up about 45 points in the update. On 1713 points now.

Personally I can’t see an issue with this, as it just allows those silvers who were previously close to the gold threshold to get some form of benefit from being very high silver members.

Still baffled how they don't update the points threshold before the update.

Looks like I have went up about 45 points in the update. On 1713 points now.
Thresholds will need to go up by the minimum points that would’ve been accrued from all home games + hampden

Only way people should potentially move up is if they bought additional stuff and/or European away trips

Why do people still not understand that? Each tier is meant to have a % of the overall membership numbers and the entry point is set to ensure that % remains in each tier

You honestly got trust that thresholds will ge updated for Ross County?

Even if they are, it doesn’t bode well if they’re going to require luck every 3 months in terms of when away games fall
They can’t update thresholds until points have been updated - but no ballots should be done till it’s been updated.

If we get our allocation for Celtic and they do a ballot, all the temporary golds will get. That would be fun…

Personally I can’t see an issue with this, as it just allows those silvers who were previously close to the gold threshold to get some form of benefit from being very high silver members.
At the detriment of the benefit of being a gold member, only for the club to rectify it after a week when they get round to the manual process?

Makes a mockery of the way mygers is meant to work

But they are not gold. And you are not allowed to move between tiers until thresholds have been updated.

High silver is not gold and shouldn’t get any of golds tickets.

My mate has just creeped over the 1531 gold threshold set in October. He was showing gold in the email and has now registered for all they remaining games.

I really don’t understand how the club could fûck this up again. Surely it can’t be hard to do the points updates and the threshold adjustment at the same time.

Unless they don’t plan to update the thresholds but then that defeats the purpose of the tiers.

I'm on 1557 and when I registered for the away matches there it said I was Gold tier. Think that will still be the case when they update the points' threshold?

Maybe I'll get an away ticket that isn't Livingston for once.

My mate has just creeped over the 1531 gold threshold set in October. He was showing gold in the email and has now registered for all they remaining games.

I really don’t understand how the club could fûck this up again. Surely it can’t be hard to do the points updates and the threshold adjustment at the same time.

Unless they don’t plan to update the thresholds but then that defeats the purpose of the tiers.
Tiers will be updated again but they’ve ballsed it up again because the system is manual

They need to update individual points before they can do the formula to see what the cut off point only each tier needs to be (done to keep the correct % of all members in each tier)

So they’ve done that bit correctly, they just shouldn’t be sending out match registration until it’s sorted

I'm on 1557 and when I registered for the away matches there it said I was Gold tier. Think that will still be the case when they update the points' threshold?

Maybe I'll get an away ticket that isn't Livingston for once.
Think it’s 1531 the now for gold. 9 home matches and 1 semi final is 46 points - which I’d assume will be around the next cut-off. So around 1575-1580 I’d guess will be gold.

Tiers will be updated again but they’ve ballsed it up again because the system is manual

They need to update individual points before they can do the formula to see what the cut off point only each tier needs to be (done to keep the correct % of all members in each tier)

So they’ve done that bit correctly, they just shouldn’t be sending out match registration until it’s sorted

Given that they’ve just opened registration for all remaining away games up to the split and allowed people to register in the wrong tiers before updating the thresholds, it’s almost pointless updating the thresholds after today.

As you say, we are now going to have the same situation we had in October where a load of Ross County and Dundee Utd tickets are hoovered up by members in that high silver bracket because they’ve had less tickets than existing gold.

The system is a mess.

I agree that the Travel Club should be separate.

But the tone of your posts never come across well.. you've used the phrase "glory hunting" more than once on these threads which is pretty ironic given you're in silver.. but then talk about all the euro away trips you've done which is the most fun you can have following Rangers.

Its pretty simple.. if you've been a ST holder and applied for all away and cup games through your ST the last 5 years you'll be in Gold (anyone who wanted to attend every game will have done that).. I wouldn't class that as glory hunting.
So I'm a glory hunter because I'm 50 points under gold? Rangers TV yearly sub and the Edmiston house package would have me in gold so what's your point? I'm not willing to throw money at something that's no use to me.

Back