MyGers Points Update

If anyone has any concerns, you should email the club. If they don’t get the feedback directly then they won’t know there’s an issue

Already done it, and they forwarded it to the MyGers team, waste of time.
Keep chipping away, it’ll have an impact the more people that send in concerns

More specifically in relation to the latest issue with tier thresholds - I’d recommend anyone concerned to email in. Even 30/40 emails asking the question and they’ll soon realise there’s been a cock up.

Instead we’ll have people on here raging when they find out there’s about an extra 30% in gold again and actual gold members miss out

Why? Put forward a concrete argument as to why purchasing one away ticket through our ticket office should be worth more than all others - especially where Rangers receive little or none of the ticket money from away tickets sold
Because its supposed to be a loyalty scheme

Some laugh if you think attending a euro away deserves the same loyalty as buying 5 programmes

If anyone has any concerns, you should email the club. If they don’t get the feedback directly then they won’t know there’s an issue

They made a fûck up in October with adding points before adjusting tiers and have just done the same again despite people highlighting the issue to the club in October.

It’s pretty clear they aren’t that bothered about properly administering the scheme.

So I'm a glory hunter because I'm 50 points under gold? Rangers TV yearly sub and the Edmiston house package would have me in gold so what's your point? I'm not willing to throw money at something that's no use to me.

No but as I said if you've had your ST and applied for away/cup games the last 5 years you were guaranteed Gold.

Any fan who wanted to follow the club home and away domestically will have done that.. you didn't.

Not calling you a glory hunter at all.. but it's a tad ironic you're calling the above people glory hunters.

Surely they aren't going to make the mistake of allocating tickets before the points threshold changes again?

You can only laugh at this point. :D

Is there a post in this thread anywhere that provides a breakdown of the potential points that could have been added this week?

Presumably most of them are for home game attendance.

No but as I said if you've had your ST and applied for away/cup games the last 5 years you were guaranteed Gold.

Any fan who wanted to follow the club home and away domestically will have done that.. you didn't.

Not calling you a glory hunter at all.. but it's a tad ironic you're calling the above people glory hunters.
I didn't follow Rangers home and away? There's a fair few on here who can vouch for me that I did, majority of my tickets came off my RSC (as I stated in a previous post) just like this season I've only had two tickets directly off MyGers and I've only missed Tynecastle and that includes Euro away matches.

Some laugh if you think attending a euro away deserves the same loyalty as buying 5 programmes
I don’t think attending a European away game should get you 13/14 extra points compared to a domestic away game either though.

the point is here though that its 15 for euro aways this season but only 5 for previous seasons

How does that make sense
You got 20 points for paying the £ to join the TC in previous years, whether you applied for games or not

There was loads who joined the TC purely to say they’re a TC member and get the TC card

So fans benefitted in previous seasons by getting an extra 20 points. That’s now gone. Going forward genuine travellers are rewarded with an enhanced number of points than they got before

You got 20 points for paying the £ to join the TC in previous years, whether you applied for games or not

There was loads who joined the TC purely to say they’re a TC member and get the TC card

So fans benefitted in previous seasons by getting an extra 20 points. That’s now gone. Going forward genuine travellers are rewarded with an enhanced number of points than they got before
did the TC boom after 2008 because a lot missed out on direct cup final tickets ???

the point is here though that its 15 for euro aways this season but only 5 for previous seasons

How does that make sense
On top of 60 points for 3 seasons worth of being a TC member. Some people could have joined and only been to 1/2 games in that time.

Good idea in theory then ruined it with posting Brondby tickets.

Missed out on one by a few points but was in the ground. missed my 15 points now anaw

At the detriment of the benefit of being a gold member, only for the club to rectify it after a week when they get round to the manual process?

Makes a mockery of the way mygers is meant to work

Ill wait and see what these ballots bring. Gold with dundee and motherwell. If nothing or i end up with 3 games consisting of games I could get tickets for anyway my gers will be getting blanked next year

Think I’m just waiting on brondby being added now. Rest is there. I’ve checked the original order for brondby and not showing on that either

Thresholds will need to go up by the minimum points that would’ve been accrued from all home games + hampden

Only way people should potentially move up is if they bought additional stuff and/or European away trips

Why do people still not understand that? Each tier is meant to have a % of the overall membership numbers and the entry point is set to ensure that % remains in each tier
I don’t think that happened the last time. I was 41 off gold in July but only 15 off gold come October. I didn’t buy any extras. Only point gained over home matches was the Blackpool friendly.

I think the threshold will be roughly 1565 and then creating the gold member kryptonite of additional members to gold.

Based on nothing other than a guess.

Was it not £40?
Used to be a tenner for ST holders and £20 for non ST holders.

I’m sure it finished on £20 for everyone.

If you were a member of the TC previously you are in reality only paying an extra £20 on top to get my Gers.

Obviously I do not consider buying a programme or 5 for any additional points the same as attending any and every game- all the examples I have give are all points related solely to the purchase of tickets and attendance at games which relates a very high % of MyGers points total - the buying of other stuff I presume only accounts for 2 or 3% of total points for the really desperate in our support who want to go up the tiers or maintain tier status- for the record I have never purchased match day programmes or subscribed to Rangers TV - only extra points I got was for not accepting the £25 voucher - everything else was my purchase history commitment to attend games through season ticket, away cccs - and non league games including friendlies

Last edited:
Used to be a tenner for ST holders and £20 for non ST holders.

I’m sure it finished in £20 for everyone.

If you were a member of the TC previously you are in reality only paying an extra £20 on top to get my Gers.
I think I’m wrong actually, there was an enhanced price for non-ST if I remember correctly

Maybe that was the £40 one

Obviously I do not consider buying a programme or 5 for any additional points the same as attending any and every game- all the examples I have give are all points related solely to the purchase of tickets and attendance at games which relates a very high % of MyGers points total - the buying of other stuff I presume only accounts for 2 or 3% of total points for the really desperate in our support who want to go up the tiers or maintain tier status- for the record I have never purchased match day programmes or subscribed to Rangers TV - only extra points I got was for not accepting the £25 voucher
I’m the same. Only exception is 5 points RTV for the Galatasaray game.

I don’t think that happened the last time. I was 41 off gold in July but only 15 off gold come October. I didn’t buy any extras. Only point gained over home matches was the Blackpool friendly.

I think the threshold will be roughly 1565 and then creating the gold member kryptonite of additional members to gold.

Based on nothing other than a guess.
I’m sure they increased the gold tier threshold by 30 points in October from 1501 points to 1531 points - I expect roughly the same this time

Wrong. You needed home friendlies also which I don’t tick.

I’m sure they increased the gold tier threshold by 30 points in October from 1501 points to 1531 points - I expect roughly the same this time
Would be dependant on the number of home games in each window. I’ve not worked out the difference between July-Oct and Oct-Jan.

I’m 1562 at the minute so I’m hoping you are right. Concerned Brondby hasn’t been added yet though.

I also never called anyone a glory hunter, no idea where that's coming from.

Would be dependant on the number of home games in each window. I’ve not worked out the difference between July-Oct and Oct-Jan.

I’m 1562 at the minute so I’m hoping you are right. Concerned Brondby hasn’t been added yet though.
POINTS FROM THIS WINDOW

7 home league games been added this window - including hearts from before last window closed and St Mirren cancelled game = 35 points

2 Europa home games = 10 points

Hibs semi final = 1 point

Plus Europa away games Brondby and Lyon = 30 points

POINTS FROM THIS WINDOW

7 home league games been added this window - including hearts from before last window closed and St Mirren cancelled game = 35 points

I was 15 off gold and should have 61 points from that list. Hoping that will be enough to get to the land of milk and honey.

@Greg Marshall i know points are given for buying an annual RTV subscription but I also think the standard £6.99 monthly one should be rewarded in some way

Even if it was 1 point for every month you pay it or something.

Think it’s quite poor that there is zero reward for this yet you get points for buying a match programme despite a monthly RTV costing more than a match programme. It doesn’t really make sense.

Agree totally with this mate.

I am still on the old historical payment of a fiver a month, but lost track of how long I have been paying that. Must be 12+yrs though.

Not had 1 MyGers point for that, yet someone can sign up for the first time ever today and get a nice load of points?

If Travel Club historical points were rewarded, then RTV money paid, should have been aswell.

POINTS FROM THIS WINDOW

So 76 + programmes or other additional purchases then

Could be scope for some movement if you were on the cusp of gold be that Silver promotion places or gold relegation places :D

So 76 + programmes or other additional purchases then

Could be scope for some movement if you were on the cusp of gold be that Silver promotion places or gold relegation places :D
If you attend all home games/semis/finals I don’t think you will ever drop a tier.

I don’t see that being anytime soon. I think the 3 year history won’t come in either.
3 years will suit me beautifully but I don’t think it should be introduced.

3 years just makes the requirement to buy additional crap even more important - this is why the club want it introduced

I didn't follow Rangers home and away? There's a fair few on here who can vouch for me that I did, majority of my tickets came off my RSC (as I stated in a previous post) just like this season I've only had two tickets directly off MyGers and I've only missed Tynecastle and that includes Euro away matches.

Fair enough mate... I've just never known of anyone who goes to all games home and away not signing up for away schemes.. usually bus's need all members to do so for tickets etc. I assumed you either hadn't had a ST or never went to all games possible domestically past 5 years.. my bad!!

Does the five year period include the current season ? So the first at the moment would be 17/18 or is it the year before that ?

Does the five year period include the current season ? So the first at the moment would be 17/18 or is it the year before that ?
15/16 was the first season used at the start of last season, so it’s 16/17 that’s first year this season

Back