Bury FC phoenix club

In Rochdale at the moment. Was hoping Bury were playing at home tomorrow, would have gone along. Rochdale at home, may go watch them instead. Hope I'm not a traitor :D

In Rochdale at the moment. Was hoping Bury were playing at home tomorrow, would have gone along. Rochdale at home, may go watch them instead. Hope I'm not a traitor :D
Good luck wherever you go, i wish the Forever Bury Supporters Association had been even remotely as good as the Rochdale one. The Rochdale fans association has been magnificent.

Good Luck and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you Rangers

Club Statement: Gigg Lane​

Adam Ingram-January 7, 2022-News
CLUB-STATEMENT-1024x577.jpg

We are delighted to hear that contracts have been exchanged for the sale and purchase of Gigg Lane and recognise the hard work which has been invested to get this far by those involved. The next stage of the process is legal completion of the transfer at which point the balance of the purchase price will become payable.
We are in discussions with both parties, and the Council, to move through the fine detail on how this could work going forward.

Once we are able to bring some detail to our members for a vote we will, but in the meantime there is no reason for concern about the club, players or staff as they are all at the heart of any future plans. There is no intention to discontinue this club or its progress to date, and remain committed to ensuring there is one club representing the town next season.

I'm confused here. (Being as thick as pig shit doesn't help).

Is this the AFC boys doing this? I know there are two factions, but those statements appear to be from both of them.
Are BAFC changing their name back to BFC?
Is this good news for the hard working AFC lads? (Who still get my fiver a month):))

I'm confused here. (Being as thick as pig shit doesn't help).

Is this the AFC boys doing this? I know there are two factions, but those statements appear to be from both of them.
Are BAFC changing their name back to BFC?
Is this good news for the hard working AFC lads? (Who still get my fiver a month):))
Think both parties have agreed to work together on this, and it looks like the AFC name will disappear.

As long as the AFC boys are fine with it, it'll get my vote when the time comes and my AFC shirts will go into retirement!

Think both parties have agreed to work together on this, and it looks like the AFC name will disappear.

As long as the AFC boys are fine with it, it'll get my vote when the time comes and my AFC shirts will go into retirement!
Interesting development.

I'm sure @GTshaker1903 has been quite vocal in the past about the other lot trying to keep the name alive.

I hope this suits all parties.

This is all good news but I for one don't want AFC to have any say in the revived club. My understanding is that AFC have done nothing in the last three years to try & save the original club.
I have been a Shakers supporter since my dad took me to my first game back in Jan 1961 when Johnny Hubbard (RIP) was starring for us on the wing in our Div 3 championship winning season of 60/61.

This is all good news but I for one don't want AFC to have any say in the revived club. My understanding is that AFC have done nothing in the last three years to try & save the original club.
I have been a Shakers supporter since my dad took me to my first game back in Jan 1961 when Johnny Hubbard (RIP) was starring for us on the wing in our Div 3 championship winning season of 60/61.
This could get interesting.

And another for our MB. :))

I don't know how you guys keep up on here...it's like a full time job.

One of the benefits of only having 3000 supporters, instead of 3 million!

Edit: Bloody hell. I've just googled how many fans Rangers have worldwide and it's come up 20 million!!! It's on wiki so...?! But is that really true? No idea if the link will work but it's there in massive numbers and letters! Mental if true and can we borrow some?!

Surely 20 million at least.

I get it's an emotive subject, but why should they have been doing anything?

They've done everything to have football in Bury. Setting up the club, recruitment, getting a place to play and a league to play in. It's perfectly reasonable that they concentrated their efforts on that instead of focusing on something that for the best part of 3 years never looked likely.

It would be a great shame if Bury FC was able to come back, only to be beset with internal wrangling from the off.

It's now looking like all parties are coming together to resurrect Bury FC, I hope that the fans can do likewise.

I get it's an emotive subject, but why should they have been doing anything?

They've done everything to have football in Bury. Setting up the club, recruitment, getting a place to play and a league to play in. It's perfectly reasonable that they concentrated their efforts on that instead of focusing on something that for the best part of 3 years never looked likely.

It would be a great shame if Bury FC was able to come back, only to be beset with internal wrangling from the off.

It's now looking like all parties are coming together to resurrect Bury FC, I hope that the fans can do likewise.
You’re right. It was the one thing that united the fans before, and you’d like to think it would do so again.

Hi
It is still very complicated.
There are two 'factions' for want of a better word.
Going back to 2019 when Bury FC was expelled from the English Football League there was a Town Hall meeting, the supporters association, Forever Bury, laid out 3 options to progress.
Option 1 FB said they had a buyer and were looking to buy Bury FC. Nothing came of this.
Option 2 FB wanted to support a bitcoin guy with no connection to Bury who would then charge a forever fortune to use the ground, and he actually had no money so this failed.
Option 3 the Bury FC fans needed to set up a football team to meet the FA deadline of January 2020. This has happened and is now Bury AFC. 100% fan owned

But FB have had a wall of silence, even collaborated with the Bury FC chairman steve dale, as he tried to trade mark the Bury coat of arms, which he couldnt do.

Then a secret society called EST1885 have popped up and they have needed FB for the community status that they hold.
This group have found an USA Bury fan who will fund allegedly £500k but wants 49% share. By claiming a goverment fund of £1M by this community status and another 500k pledged, it will not be a bad return.
This group have allowed claims that they are saving the old club be made, but USA man has made it clear he is not able to fund the £12+ M to do that, he is buying it out of administration and a new club will be made.

Going back to @Mailsort point, if Bury AFC had not been set up by the fans, steve dale from 2019 onwards would easily have argued there is no interest in football in Bury, no need for a stadium so i will sell the land for development. He has not been able to do this. Bury AFC is the fans team with over 1600 membership, but we are Bury fans.

Because EST need a new entity, they are not saving Bury FC, they will not be able to use the name Bury FC in FA competitions altho they say they will, and they have put in an application to the FA now. The problem is that steve dale is the owner of the club still but this will come out later.

The upshot is that EST have got contracts to buy Gigg Lane.
Why are we not jumping up and down?
Some are. But we dont want two teams in a town that struggled to support one.

Bury AFC are an existing football team, unbeaten all season, and owned by us Bury fans.
Apparently EST and Bury AFC are in discussions for the way forward

There are a set of Bury fans like @Mailsort , who have been waiting, hoping for a saviour and also think the new club will be placed in a higher league. But steve dale lost every hope of that and any new team will begin at the bottom of the pyramid. @Mailsort will no doubt argue vehemently against Bury AFC.

Potentially, Bury AFC could end up playing at Gigg Lane

This is still up in the air
Goodwill to @Mailsort whatever the outcome

I will try to keep you informed

Todays game has been postponed due to the rain

Cheers

Hi
It is still very complicated.
There are two 'factions' for want of a better word.
Going back to 2019 when Bury FC was expelled from the English Football League there was a Town Hall meeting, the supporters association, Forever Bury, laid out 3 options to progress.
Option 1 FB said they had a buyer and were looking to buy Bury FC. Nothing came of this.
Option 2 FB wanted to support a bitcoin guy with no connection to Bury who would then charge a forever fortune to use the ground, and he actually had no money so this failed.
Option 3 the Bury FC fans needed to set up a football team to meet the FA deadline of January 2020. This has happened and is now Bury AFC. 100% fan owned

But FB have had a wall of silence, even collaborated with the Bury FC chairman steve dale, as he tried to trade mark the Bury coat of arms, which he couldnt do.

Then a secret society called EST1885 have popped up and they have needed FB for the community status that they hold.
This group have found an USA Bury fan who will fund allegedly £500k but wants 49% share. By claiming a goverment fund of £1M by this community status and another 500k pledged, it will not be a bad return.
This group have allowed claims that they are saving the old club be made, but USA man has made it clear he is not able to fund the £12+ M to do that, he is buying it out of administration and a new club will be made.

Going back to @Mailsort point, if Bury AFC had not been set up by the fans, steve dale from 2019 onwards would easily have argued there is no interest in football in Bury, no need for a stadium so i will sell the land for development. He has not been able to do this. Bury AFC is the fans team with over 1600 membership, but we are Bury fans.

Because EST need a new entity, they are not saving Bury FC, they will not be able to use the name Bury FC in FA competitions altho they say they will, and they have put in an application to the FA now. The problem is that steve dale is the owner of the club still but this will come out later.

The upshot is that EST have got contracts to buy Gigg Lane.
Why are we not jumping up and down?
Some are. But we dont want two teams in a town that struggled to support one.

Bury AFC are an existing football team, unbeaten all season, and owned by us Bury fans.
Apparently EST and Bury AFC are in discussions for the way forward

There are a set of Bury fans like @Mailsort , who have been waiting, hoping for a saviour and also think the new club will be placed in a higher league. But steve dale lost every hope of that and any new team will begin at the bottom of the pyramid. @Mailsort will no doubt argue vehemently against Bury AFC.

Potentially, Bury AFC could end up playing at Gigg Lane

This is still up in the air
Goodwill to @Mailsort whatever the outcome

I will try to keep you informed

Todays game has been postponed due to

Hi, thanks for the explanation and after looking into replies in the AFC forum there could possibly be a vote once other proposals are known?
I also wondered what would happen regarding entry/re-entry to the league?
The town of Bury as mentioned is not big enough for 2 teams, if there is a members vote then all the folk on here who bought a membership have a big decision to make.
I have been down to see Bury AFC 3 times and met some of the fans who have made us very welcome and they appreciate all the support folk from on here have given them.

Hi, thanks for the explanation and after looking into replies in the AFC forum there could possibly be a vote once other proposals are known?
I also wondered what would happen regarding entry/re-entry to the league?
The town of Bury as mentioned is not big enough for 2 teams, if there is a members vote then all the folk on here who bought a membership have a big decision to make.
I have been down to see Bury AFC 3 times and met some of the fans who have made us very welcome and they appreciate all the support folk from on here have given them.
Hi Jimmy
We really do appreciate the magnificent support from yourself and the Rangers fans, you all continue to be terrific.
With entry into the league, the rules will put in new club in the bottom tier of the pyramid, but some believe it will be higher, as if the rules wont apply to us.
The complications in this keep multiplying so i hope we get some good clear guidance on this, better than my attempt.
When they reveal the truth, we will be able to choose.
Cheers

Hi Jimmy
We really do appreciate the magnificent support from yourself and the Rangers fans, you all continue to be terrific.
With entry into the league, the rules will put in new club in the bottom tier of the pyramid, but some believe it will be higher, as if the rules wont apply to us.
The complications in this keep multiplying so i hope we get some good clear guidance on this, better than my attempt.
When they reveal the truth, we will be able to choose.
Cheers
I’m sure there is a team in Scotland who were forced to go again from bottom who made it back up to the top and are now kings of the hill again ;)

I have a feeling you guys will have plenty of our support, in the stands and in the background. :)

Knowing you have our back helps a lot in a very stressful time.
FB and EST are like secret sects they provide very little information and spout provable nonsense like saving the real BFC
For all my mistrust at least Peter Alaxander is willing to answer some direct questions on our message board

I will not and cannot put myself through the last 3 years again but am a believer in democracy so if the fan base vote for the proposed way forward and it does not look secure I may end up following Queens as my nearest club!!!!!

Never Again

Then there is the politics to consider
Bury is a marginal Tory seat with a labour council. The labour council put forward a proposal to turn the town centre Market street Athletics track into a multi purpose sports hub with a new stadium of 4500 capacity for AFC. They would rebuild the castle leisure centre there as well as other money making streams.
The Tory Government have now rewritten the levelling up fund rules to ensure that BFC qualify for grants which they failed in the first round. They cannot let Labour look to be doing more for sport in the town than they are now can they.

HOWEVER, the council are expected to put 500k into the pot. This is after a joint appraisal carried out by a reputable consultancy found Gigg, while having merit, was graded b or less on all stress points. The carpark leases will further complicate things as they have the best part of 16 years to run so cannot be built on.
The council are having a planning meeting on Monday @ 6pm to discuss, they appear to have shown support for a joint approach to Gigg but only if AFC vote to merge.
The FTP (flook the Phoenix) lot are up in arms about AFC taking over / having anything to do with BFC (as I would be the outer way round)
Can all fans be brought together? not with all the miss info around but 90% imho will buy in.

Then it has just emerged, despite assurances for EST (Antony Popovich) that they do not have all the money needed (nobody in their right mind thought they did) and a 2 million bond will need to be raised from the fans / investors.
Its a minefield. If it comes off I will honestly wish the merged group all the best but without concreate assurance re sustainability will go somewhere else.
NEVER AGAIN

Knowing you have our back helps a lot in a very stressful time.
FB and EST are like secret sects they provide very little information and spout provable nonsense like saving the real BFC
For all my mistrust at least Peter Alaxander is willing to answer some direct questions on our message board

I will not and cannot put myself through the last 3 years again but am a believer in democracy so if the fan base vote for the proposed way forward and it does not look secure I may end up following Queens as my nearest club!!!!!

Never Again
I get you mate. It does wear you down, but hang on in there, as we’ve proved what can be achieved if enough supporters pull in the same direction. Problem with us is that you’ll be lucky to find two Rangers supporters that can agree on the colour of shite, and it sounds as if you’ve a fairly similar problem with various faction opposing each other. Egos need to be put aside for the greater good.

Then there is the politics to consider
Bury is a marginal Tory seat with a labour council. The labour council put forward a proposal to turn the town centre Market street Athletics track into a multi purpose sports hub with a new stadium of 4500 capacity for AFC. They would rebuild the castle leisure centre there as well as other money making streams.
The Tory Government have now rewritten the levelling up fund rules to ensure that BFC qualify for grants which they failed in the first round. They cannot let Labour look to be doing more for sport in the town than they are now can they.

HOWEVER, the council are expected to put 500k into the pot. This is after a joint appraisal carried out by a reputable consultancy found Gigg, while having merit, was graded b or less on all stress points. The carpark leases will further complicate things as they have the best part of 16 years to run so cannot be built on.
The council are having a planning meeting on Monday @ 6pm to discuss, they appear to have shown support for a joint approach to Gigg but only if AFC vote to merge.
The FTP (flook the Phoenix) lot are up in arms about AFC taking over / having anything to do with BFC (as I would be the outer way round)
Can all fans be brought together? not with all the miss info around but 90% imho will buy in.

Then it has just emerged, despite assurances for EST (Antony Popovich) that they do not have all the money needed (nobody in their right mind thought they did) and a 2 million bond will need to be raised from the fans / investors.
Its a minefield. If it comes off I will honestly wish the merged group all the best but without concreate assurance re sustainability will go somewhere else.
NEVER AGAIN
What an almighty mess.
I hope you guys get what you want ( whatever the feck that is).

Does my BAFC fiver a month get me a vote in any forthcoming ballot?
Doesn’t seem right.

What an almighty mess.

Doesn’t seem right.
What an almighty mess.

Doesn’t seem right.
Yes, as a member shareholder you will rightly get a vote.
I refuse to fall out with anybody over this mess but it has been heart-breaking to see friends of 50 years standing at each others thoughts over this.
Use your vote should you decide to vote as your heart tells you,

What an almighty mess.

Doesn’t seem right.
Thanks again
Yes you will have the right to a vote as you are an owner of Bury AFC.
You have been in from the start, and the whole almighty mess has been given a good airing on here for an independant view to be taken.
So you have every right to vote when it happens
Of course i will try to give you the essential information, when it appears.
Cheers again

Thanks again
Yes you will have the right to a vote as you are an owner of Bury AFC.
You have been in from the start, and the whole almighty mess has been given a good airing on here for an independant view to be taken.
So you have every right to vote when it happens
Of course i will try to give you the essential information, when it appears.
Cheers again
I think I know how I'll vote. Been with you guys all the way and will continue to take advice.
That's if my tiny mind doesn't explode.

It just doesn't seem right that a prick two hundred odd miles away(I googled it) can decide the fate of your future.

Good luck, GT.

I think I know how I'll vote. Been with you guys all the way and will continue to take advice.
That's if my tiny mind doesn't explode.

It just doesn't seem right that a prick two hundred odd miles away(I googled it) can decide the fate of your future.

Good luck, GT.
Just seen this on the Bury board

The intention in the proposal described in ‘the way forward’ and reiterated through a number of channels is that there will be no NewCo if there is an agreement between all parties to amalgamate. The existing legal entity (currently called Bury AFC with membership of the NWCFL) with its league position would form the basis of the club. It is the ownership structure, which surrounds it (I.e. benefactors and football supporters trust), which would change. Negotiations with the FA would then decide when and whether the name Bury FC could be used in due course.

It is the fine detail of the ownership structure which has yet to be agreed and it is this, upon which AFC members will be required to vote before any changes could take place.

The intention in the proposal described in ‘the way forward’ and reiterated through a number of channels is that there will be no NewCo if there is an agreement between all parties to amalgamate. The existing legal entity (currently called Bury AFC with membership of the NWCFL) with its league position would form the basis of the club. It is the ownership structure, which surrounds it (I.e. benefactors and football supporters trust), which would change. Negotiations with the FA would then decide when and whether the name Bury FC could be used in due course.

It is the fine detail of the ownership structure which has yet to be agreed and it is this, upon which AFC members will be required to vote before any changes could take place.
Interesting
Very interesting
Keep FB out I may join in
Still too many ex directors and their family for me to trust EST group but will look at proposals with more of an open mind now

What are the thoughts of you guys on your forum

That sounds kind of a halfway house to me.
Hope you guys get the solution you require. The above scenario certainly sounds like a small step in the right direction.

It is still a mine field at the moment.
Hopefully the right people are looking at it.
It looks like the ground is being bought by EST and USAman ( input 500k) want 49% of club , along with a 1M grant from the gov and looking for 450k from council.
They claimed they were saving the club, but are definitely not. They are looking to set up a new club, an alternative to AFC.
Their problem is getting an FA application.
The council and the 1M grant are dependent on a united fan base.
A long way to go yet.

We had a re arranged away fixture last night, away at Ashton on a wet murky Tuesday night, took over 1000 away fans in the crowd of 1066 to give them their record crowd.
A good victory for us, winning 3 - 1, keeps us top of the league
What’s the future of AFC if EST set up as Bury FC, with the ground and history? Will you carry on? Can you join forces?

Anyone know who looks after the finance or the community email accounts for Bury AFC? Tried contacting but literally no reply what so ever. With so many folk happy to help club out, I was hoping there would be some sort of back team staff available to speak with no matter how small the enquiry. I’m still happy to have helped out with the fiver though.

EDIT…. Had contact now

Last edited:
What’s the future of AFC if EST set up as Bury FC, with the ground and history? Will you carry on? Can you join forces?
This is not a straight forward thing

So EST / FB are claiming they have saved the original club, but the USA financial man who is putting up 500k has admitted he can not fund clearing the debt, so any club will be a new club.
The FA will have a big say on the club name and they will not be allowing it to be Bury FC unless all the debt is cleared.
There is a £1M government grant which has to be match funded in this claim, a further 500k asked from the council. So it appears conditional on one united club.
Bury AFC is 100% fan owned, one person one vote model is successful, has FA membership, is in the football pyramid.
USA man whilst claiming to be a benefactor wants 49% of the club

At the moment discussions are going on between all parties

If EST own the ground
AFC could supply the team

But we dont know how this will pan out yet

Totally confusing i know

Anyone know who looks after the finance or the community email accounts for Bury AFC? Tried contacting but literally no reply what so ever. With so many folk happy to help club out, I was hoping there would be some sort of back team staff available to speak with no matter how small the enquiry. I’m still happy to have helped out with the fiver though.

EDIT…. Had contact now
One of the great things about Bury AFC is how they are open and transparent in how they operate.
Along with the one person one vote model, they publish their monthly accounts to all you members, so once you are a member you will receive their emails and can access from the website

EDIT…. Had contact now
Sorry it has taken a while for somebody to get back to you, they are all volunteers and in a rather busy moment in time.
I know you are not complaining but we are generally very good on communication and just wanted to reassure you you are appreciated and will not be ignored.

I am looking at coming down for another game so been looking at the fixtures and maybe for 26th March as it's a home game and haven't been to the Neuven yet and possibly could be title decider?

What someone has just said is from their fag packet calculation

Government grant = £1M

Leaving private funding to provide the other £1m. (underwritten by USA man PA). To hit this number we believe PA is providing £500K, no idea what the EST group are putting in. Bury Council are granting £450K and potentially AFC are putting in £300K, so at least £2.25m in total.

Since the Government grant and council grant are based on whoever plays at Gigg being a majority fan owned club/Community hub and will not have any ownership in club, plus AFCs £300K. Can some explain why the proposed ownership model is 51%/49%? Private funding is only providing just over 22%.

Everything continues to be unclear

A bright sunny cold day with a really good crowd turn out today.
Bury got off to a good start with a goal from Abs in the first half.
Half time Bury 1 - 0 Holker
The last couple of away games there's been about 1000 AFC fans.
Tweet yesterday said there were about 1000 tickets sold for today's game.

Does everybody go to every game?

Back