MOTM Poll Aberdeen v Rangers - 19:45 Tuesday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That was a shocking display. And, if I am honest, it’s been coming. Whilst most have been fawning over Gio, in truth we have been watching the team become more and more negative with every passing week. We got away with it at Easter Road. We could easily have come unstuck at Tynecastle. We could have come unstuck against Dundee Utd. Indeed we did our best to put ourselves under the cosh for the last 20 minutes against St Johnstone. Tonight, we played to win that 1-0 from the moment we scored. What part of that did Gio not see coming? Sure, you’ll get away with it sometimes. But you don’t get away with it all the time. That is a rotten Aberdeen team that we spent the night backing off and watching play. Give any team enough of the ball and you’ll concede eventually. We just can’t go on being as passive as we become when we go ahead. If we had gone toe to toe with Aberdeen tonight we would have wiped the floor with them. Instead, we got what we deserved - maybe even more than we deserved - for being unbelievably negative.

we were worse than clancy,, players and management
No, Clancy was by far the worst performer on that pitch mate, I'm all for calling out the team for playing passively and well below par; however, Clancy broke every single move we made up the park, booked players for fuckall and ignored as much as he could from the Aberdeen players - that's cheating in everyone's book.

Poor start to the game. Went one up and then stood off this bunch of losers for the rest of the game. The Manager has to explain our tactics tonight. I couldn’t fathom what we were trying to do against a team of journeymen.

Sheep will be happy - they’ve had their cup final and been of assistance to their green & grey masters into the bargain.

Clancy has been unbelievably shite that’s why. He’s done everything he could to fúck us.

It wasn’t a penalty for a start. Alfie’s hand was at his side.

The ball was also moving at the penalty and should’ve been retaken.

Along with Kent’s two bookings you’re damn right Clancy is getting some stick.
It's our fault though. Can we no call out the shite fucking play from minute 1 to minute 94? We didn't even deserve a point. We had 300 odd passes all night and most were punts up the park, when it's blowing a gale. 77% passes compared to their 500 odd passes and 84% accuracy. If you think Morelos ' arm was at his side then you never watched the game. I fucking knew it, had a feeling this was coming tonight. Said it on a thread where people were bragging about that mob no beating us in 800 odd days or whatever, I said forget that shite let's see if we get a result tomorrow first. Doesn't matter the ref tonight, that result was always going to happen with the way we played from the first minute. We got bullied all fucking night and trying to shut up shop at 65 fucking minutes is terrible

Our worst performance all season IMO.

Nothing happening, a rat bag ref and poor use of subs by Gio. Not the end of the world, every season sees the champions play poorly and drop points.

Need to make up for it.
Good to see someone has smoked something calming. Prozac needed on here. Like any other season, not every game works out the way we want it.

Calm down ffs. It's not going to be the canter last season was.

Fu(king JOKE! I get it’s the sheep and they want to try a bit at the sheep pen and it’s Clancy the mentally challenged bastard that’s like playing with 9 before we start but for them to dominate the game is unacceptable.
The filth’s plan is on course so far. Postpone the OF - get new players in and we’re weaker.

Rangers need to call out the blatant cheating from that gadgy looking wee prick, He should never ref us again, We’ll known RC and current/former ST holder at the piggery.

Absolutely awful. When you've got Lego muncher and Hayes dictating the pace of the entire game then something is wrong.

We missed Aribo tonight but please don't tell me we are a one man club. The referee is the most inadequate in the country but a bit of endeavour nullifies a useless official who blows his whistle every time an Aberdeen player falls over.

Scott Wright must leave in January, he was shown up at every turn and Hayes ripped him to pieces. He played one good ball to Kent before the goal, that was his sole contribution...almost like he didn't want to take possession of the ball for fear of being booed by the Sheep fans.

If there is a positive it's that the sheep will never play any better against Rangers, we had ten men and they still couldn't take three points. It may well be one of our hardest away games and we may have been reduced to 10 men but Rangers players need to pull their fingers out.

Agree with most on here. Felt the midfield were poor. Kamara never looked close to his usual standards, think it was a big ask asking sands to start. Hagi not a midfielder.
Should have been putting more pressure on Bates.
We where way off it tonight so will take a point at hard ground with an absolute cnt of a referee. Hopefully it's a wake up.

Misses not one but two elbows by Haynes but manages to spot the resulting nose bleed at the opportune moment. Cheating kunt Clanc.

Worst performance of the season.

I'm gonna end up doing time for Clancy (the dirty cheating bxstard)

These bxstards don't try like that against the scum.

Sitting off Aber fxcking deen What?

No MOTM all shocking.

What I watched for the most part was cheating softest of a penalty decision and Barisic with bloody nose -= nothing Lego muncher manages to get Kent sent off then immediately starts on Tav to get a reaction. We didn't play well but EVERY dubious call only went one way. The 56 th title will have to really be earned. Us against them and officials. As if we didn't f@#kin know.

When it's as blatant cheating as allowing a moving ball to a stand, what chance do you have.....

1. Procedure

The ball must be stationary on the penalty mark and the goalposts, crossbar and goal net must not be moving.

The player taking the penalty kick must be clearly identified.

The defending goalkeeper must remain on the goal line, facing the kicker, between the goalposts, without touching the goalposts, crossbar or goal net, until the ball has been kicked.

I can't believe he didn't blow for full time when they had that goal kick in 94+ minute! "here have one more chance on me! "

Call clancy all the cheats under the sun, but we didn't deserve that tonight. The sheep had the impetus from the first minute and we didnt get started.

What tonight had shown me is how big the the gaps we have actually are. Big Shirley has been great cover, but is never a centre half. Struggled immensely tonight. Wright was second best all night, terrible.

We need quality on the right wing/no.10 and either our injuries back, or quality in. If Roofe, Hellander, Balogun or Jack aren't coming back in, then quality replacements/options are required. Big Joe Aribo isn't going to carry us to the title, he needs help.

We were rotten.
Clancy was disgraceful
The only thing I hate more than Aberdeen is Aberdeen with that Lego munching cant playing

However stop and remember who was unavailable tonight.
Aribo Arfield Davis Helander Jack Roofe all players who are potential starters.

We take the point. Still 4 clear and move on

Off to bed disgusted especially with why none off our players took lego to task,week as fck,dubai all over again

Our lead of 4pts is nothing. Tonights result (as well as the poor performance) will give the Tims added belief that we are there for the taking.

Have to be honest I am more than a little shocked at just how abysmal we were. Aberdeen all but bossed the whole game, we had no sustained period of pressure at anytime and it is a long time since that can be said of a Rangers side at Pittodrie. That was not the performance I expected after Gio had two weeks to work with the players.

Penalty should have been retaken as ball moved! Still for me we gave them too much possession our we did not adapt to their formation which allowed the possession then we should have brought on Sakala for Wright imo Wright should have been the sub as he usually makes a bigger impact from the bench!

The referee was card happy a pathetic performance and Morelos tried to get his arm out of the road but I think they give penalties regardless nowadays! We must learn to adapt formation and change way we play if the opponents are playing well!

Ffs why cant they answer a simple question about the ball moving during the penalty?

I like the bipolar threads, makes me feel at home.
Me too m
Really poor. We let them dominate and even our goal was against the run of play. We looked lost at times and I just hope we refind form quickly. We can't afford many performances like that.

Gio needs to say something about Kent"s cards and the penalty. Not convinced Alfie could avoid that.
I agree with your 1st paragraph, the 2nd not so much? Would it really have had an impact in the game?

We were awful tonight, but clancy was desperate to send one of our players off. Frustrating to draw to that lot when they only turn up 4 times a year!

Didn’t deserve anything from the game tonight, outfought for the majority of the match

These things happen occasionally, point could be crucial end of the season. Need a new more players in though

Poor performance, one of those where the game just passed us by. We didn't do anything going forward second half. Don't know why we waited so long to make changes, don't understand the changes we did make. Kent shouldn't have bothered making that challenge.

Brown was a disgrace with his diving and clownish behaviour, but he's a glaikit prick of a man. Ref a knob too.

Gutted we've let our lead be cut in such half-arsed fashion, but a point at Pittodrie not the worst result. They have Tynecastle next and if they don't drop points there they will at some point. We need to focus on our game, no repeats of tonight and get right up for the next few games.

We were poor tonight, missed certain key players.

The break has certainly done us no favours, knocked us out our stride and let others regroup.

Back