MOTM Poll Aberdeen v Rangers - 19:45 Tuesday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What are the decisions we were cheated out of exactly? I fcking hate Clancy but the penalty was a penalty and the second yellow was a second yellow.
The second yellow was a second yellow? Are you sure?

Let me start.
Neither of Kents yellows were.

The penalty may have been a stonewaller but Ferguson shoved before it and was a Rangers free Kick.

Penalty should have been retaken, Clancy even acknowledged he seen the ball move.

Brown countless times unsportsmanlike conduct while on a yellow.

Hayes elbow to Borna.

Want me to continue?

We were not good enough but how you can think Clancy was fair tonight is beyond me.

It's our fault though. Can we no call out the shite fucking play from minute 1 to minute 94? We didn't even deserve a point. We had 300 odd passes all night and most were punts up the park, when it's blowing a gale. 77% passes compared to their 500 odd passes and 84% accuracy. If you think Morelos ' arm was at his side then you never watched the game. I fucking knew it, had a feeling this was coming tonight. Said it on a thread where people were bragging about that mob no beating us in 800 odd days or whatever, I said forget that shite let's see if we get a result tomorrow first. Doesn't matter the ref tonight, that result was always going to happen with the way we played from the first minute. We got bullied all fucking night and trying to shut up shop at 65 fucking minutes is terrible
Let's get the rose coloured off,sure we've been poor all season& SG knew squad improvements were needed but we still sit at the top while we still need improvements.The board need to back Gio now&Let's get the show back on the road WATP

Call clancy all the cheats under the sun, but we didn't deserve that tonight. The sheep had the impetus from the first minute and we didnt get started.

What tonight had shown me is how big the the gaps we have actually are. Big Shirley has been great cover, but is never a centre half. Struggled immensely tonight. Wright was second best all night, terrible.

We need quality on the right wing/no.10 and either our injuries back, or quality in. If Roofe, Hellander, Balogun or Jack aren't coming back in, then quality replacements/options are required. Big Joe Aribo isn't going to carry us to the title, he needs help.
Agree with most of that but Bassey was ok tonight, it was the fact that others weren’t up for it that cost us points. That includes the management tactics.
Glen was invisible and the front three never pressed. We never created anything tonight.
Tav Connor and Bassey looked like the only three that looked like they tried to do what was required.
We fell for the scrappy niggling tactics by Aberdeen tonight instead of trying to play football.

Tonight emphasised how much we rely on Aribo, definitely this season anyway. Our passing especially from the back was woeful. But the one thing that stood out for me was the apparent lack of desire by our team to win tackles, second balls etc. I expected the team to be going mental at the Kent red card, but no they just accepted it, not good enough.

Folk need to relax.

We’re four points clear, they have a harder run of fixtures coming soon. We played very well & just had a bad spell in the final 20 mins.

Games like that happen. Won’t stop us running away with the league.

Do you genuinely think we played very well? I don’t understand how anyone can.

Sands settled ok
Kamara however, was piss poor the whole game
Rarely took responsibilty, passed awful all night, generally struggled
No point singling anyone out, we were totally outplayed tonight but hopefully it’s a blip. None of our players were above a 5 out of ten. Just hope it’s not a sign of things to come. They are sh1te but passed us to death. We will come back from this. Even champions have a bad day.. ps I hate Lego more than Neil Lennon Chris Sutton Peter grant Gordon Ashley and Kevin Clancy put together.. look it’s been their week but we move on keep the heads up

Thought we did well to get a point in that game given we had so few chances. Our midfield 3 is not up to much without either a Davis or Aribo - surely a priority for the transfer deadline...

And yet we read on here how great our squad is. No one allowed to say otherwise.

Let me start.

The penalty may have been a stonewaller but Ferguson shoved before it and was a Rangers free Kick.

Penalty should have been retaken, Clancy even acknowledged he seen the ball move.

Hayes elbow to Borna.

Want me to continue?

We were not good enough but how you can think Clancy was fair tonight is beyond me.
I never said he was fair tonight annywhere. You've literally imagined me saying that.

Surely Hayes on Borna is on the linseman as well?

Wish I had stuck some dosh on us getting a red card. With Kent I may got long odds but then Clancy was just itching to disrupt our game anyway he could and that included a stick on red. The fact it was for Kent for two softest yellows then is worse.
As for Lego yet another unsporting, classless performance particularly when Kent went off.
Compare Kent’s fouls to McCrories tackles and it is just even more absurd.

Not gonna lie, a little concerning if that’s how Gio wants to set up against teams like Aberdeen and Hearts away if he just wants to sit deep and counter.

If we do that against Celtic away, it’s asking for trouble.

Agree on that, we do seem to like to counter away from home. I don't like it, especially after SG's time in charge, where he had us playing on the front foot against everyone domestically.

Tonight our ball retention was little better than you'd see in a kids playground - play as poorly as that in two weeks time and I cannot see anything other than a defeat.

Rangers really need to call out Clancy, it’s outrageous cheating.

We are out battled in the midfield, never in any period did we control it.
Sounds about right.

There are times you can say take it out of the ref hands and go win the game.

When you don't do that it takes it out of our control.
And allows some shocking decisions to become the focus.

And there were plenty of them.

My fears of Gio are beginning to haunt. We shouldn’t have been recruiting managers from China. When will we ever learn that ex players don’t have to be the next Rangers manager. I fear that we have set out stall and it ain’t about to change. I know this doesn’t sit well in here but there you go.
After 1 draw you've reached this conclusion? Give it a rest. Six players to come in who will make a massive difference, Helander, Balogun, Jack, Davis, Aribo and Arfield.

Aberdeen do what they always do and dragged us into a battle, however Clancy enabled them by not punishing Brown, Hayes and McCrorie in particular, all of whom could have had 2 yellows. Both Kent’s yellows were harsh by comparison. A stronger referee and it’s a very different game.

That was abject. They are rotten yet dominated the game. We had a fairly strong bench yet couldn't change it?

I don't even think clancey is corrupt, I just think he's an awful referee.

You maybe right. Corrupt he gives the first half penalty to the sheep and sends of Shagger. Do that and the game was lost.

I'm massively disappointed but I'm still positive overall hopefully it's just a winter break %^*& up

Got what we deserved - if that. Referee aside that was about as poor a display as you could have asked for. Midfield was always the concern and it proved true - we got completely bullied in there. And that right wing position is a farce. Wright nor Hagi are the answer or will ever be the answer in there. There is no excuses not to strengthen a clear problem area in the team in this window. Not one excuse.

It evidently is a tough away game.

No team is going to sit and take a doing off us
Aberdeen as you say have given us problems particularly at Pittodrie for years.

A Rangers team has to win the battle first.
When we don't do that like tonight we will and have struggled at more than one away ground.

We've made it into a tough one.

Just wish that we treated them with the contempt they give to us and that we didn't suddenly stop every time we get the first goal against them.

That was the most blatant display of cheating ive ever seen i think, absolutely fucking scandalous, see clancy and brown at the end? Quite proud of themselves. Its a fucking farce. As far as our performance goes that was utter shite as well. Thank %^*& thats done.

Doesn't come anywhere near Beaton at Ibrox v Hibs in August 2017

Aberdeen do what they always do and dragged us into a battle, however Clancy enabled them by not punishing Brown, Hayes and McCrorie in particular, all of whom could have had 2 yellows. Both Kent’s yellows were harsh by comparison. A stronger referee and it’s a very different game.
They dominated posession. If anything we were using Aberdeen's tactics tonight.

Disgusted but what I expected sadly

Nobody can can convince me that Aberdeen will try as hard as that against Celtic or any other team for that matter

We have to win all the remaining games against Celtic because they will not drop many points against the other sides but we will

Clancy is a cheat not incompetent too many wrong decisions in every single game all against us but again not surprised with performance I knew we would get no decisions and were cert to get a red card

Up to the club to do something about it as we the support can moan all we want on here but that will do no good and nothing will change

Let me start.

Hayes elbow to Borna.

Want me to continue?

and that's it if clancy seen the handball he should have also noticed the pudh

Pretty poor interview from Gio, only positive is mentioning VAR but nowhere near strong enough in calling out Clancy or our performance.

Its almost like he’s trying to keep the lid on what has been one of our worst performances this season.

Sometimes a boot up the arse is what’s required, if he’s keeping that for behind doors fair enough but it came across a bit naive to what we as fans are saying tonight.

It's our fault though. Can we no call out the shite fucking play from minute 1 to minute 94? We didn't even deserve a point. We had 300 odd passes all night and most were punts up the park, when it's blowing a gale. 77% passes compared to their 500 odd passes and 84% accuracy. If you think Morelos ' arm was at his side then you never watched the game. I fucking knew it, had a feeling this was coming tonight. Said it on a thread where people were bragging about that mob no beating us in 800 odd days or whatever, I said forget that shite let's see if we get a result tomorrow first. Doesn't matter the ref tonight, that result was always going to happen with the way we played from the first minute. We got bullied all fucking night and trying to shut up shop at 65 fucking minutes is terrible
Agree with some of that, but the cheat with the whistle set out right from the start to stop us playing, breaking up play at every chance. Whistle happy and wrong on so many occasions.
We weren’t great, but with a game refereed by a dishonest cheat, being worked from the back by his old partner, Brown.

Back