MOTM Poll Aberdeen v Rangers - 19:45 Tuesday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Said it on other threads already but I believe we missed Arfield more than Aribo tonight.

He could’ve ran the show in midfield
All it takes mate is someone to have a wee word in Kent’s ear and wee keep 11 men on the park and get the winner.. I felt that was in the cards until Kent was sucked in

Sniff sniff.. aye ok grow up pal, I am ragin at that result.. was a massive game for us tonight and we let ourselves down.. I make no apology for saying that.. at least I’m no on giving sniff sniff as my best input for a crap showing

We dropped plenty of point under Gerrard playing the exact same way (1 nil up and try and hold on) to use it as some sort of 'Gerrards better than Gio' is laughable.

My gut feeling is wee would never have put that performance in under gerrard, if we can play like that against the sheep we can drop points at Ross county if we’re not carefull, inept tactically
You couldn't make this up. Before Xmas everybody was saying the performances under GVB were great and that we hadn't been performing like that under Gerrard. FFS. Talk about revisionism

Very disappointing. We looked really stale tonight and never established ourselves on that game. Very soft penalty to give the sheep a point, Clancy must have been delighted to get the chance. The man is a disgrace and should be nowhere a football pitch.

You know you support an absolute down and outer of a football club if you have to resort to shithouse tactics every game to gain a point.

Very frustrating game. Refereeing was just outright bizarre at times.

Can't believe Boyd basically just glossed over the elbow on Barisic.

The fact he didn't get a foul let alone Hayes booked again was a disgrace, yet the referee has ordered him to go and get treatment for the blood which was caused by Hayes' assault. Major talking point gets 20 seconds and completely changed topic to how many of the bookings were just 'flashpoints' rather than memorable tackles.

Shite coverage.
Then as Brown pointed out Baricic was bleeding and we were then reduced to 9 at an Aberdeen fk, that left me raging, Hayes had 2 jabs at his face and got the foul!!!

Very frustrating game. Refereeing was just outright bizarre at times.
Breath-taking incompetence.

Rangers given nothing yellows from almost the kick-off culminating in Kent being sent-off.

Aberdeen kicking lumps out of Rangers.

The annoying thing is its all too predictable and we well know the only way to overcome it is score the opener and force them to play more from where we can control the ball and winout.

Inexplicably Rangers did exactly what they needed to then contrived to let the game slip when Aberdeen really werent being particularly dangerous in terms of real goal threat. But that kind of thing has a tendency to build in the absence of a second killer goal and sure as sugar they equalise, eventually nearly nicking it.

Queue drivel afterwards about how amazing Aberdeen played.

Rangers were really poor and a number of players failed badly to step up for what was always going to need brains as well as style.

Could prove very costly if we dont sort ourselves out immediately.

Last night was as bad as we have played for a while. It highlighted our lack of depth particularly in midfield. Aribo is going to be away for another 4-5 games and we need Davis and Arfield back from injuries ASAP. There was no MOM last night. That said, 1 defeat in 60 league games so no hysteria from me. Keep the faith.

Penalty should have been retaken as ball moved! Still for me we gave them too much possession our we did not adapt to their formation which allowed the possession then we should have brought on Sakala for Wright imo Wright should have been the sub as he usually makes a bigger impact from the bench!

The referee was card happy a pathetic performance and Morelos tried to get his arm out of the road but I think they give penalties regardless nowadays! We must learn to adapt formation and change way we play if the opponents are playing well!

Ffs why cant they answer a simple question about the ball moving during the penalty?
Penalty should never been given, there was a two handed push in the box just before it
Ignored .

Penalty should never been given, there was a two handed push in the box just before it
Ignored .
That I missed and I agree though I was specifically talking about the actual kick! It was disappointing to hear Kris Boyd brush it off like we are playing to rules of yesteryear instead of not opposing the penalty or be clear on it being retook? Was also interesting KB thought they should have had a penalty Greegsy ran out but ref got that right imo!

I half expected this result. We tend to be slow starters after a break. Add in poor perfomances from most of the team and this is what happens. There was no real leader for us, like a Greig, or a Brown or Gough to drag us through to victory. We were hanging on for 1-0. The team only have themselves to blame. In some respects, we could have dropped all 3 points. So, come May, this could be a valuable point.

Only way we will win this league is to have a midfield that can tackle and score and stop runners coming at us. We also need a right winger if Tav is not getting forward.
I hate Broon but that is the type we need on our side.
Gio in his remarks should have said something about The sending off which was ridiculous.
We need to work harder (which is why they got their point) and toughen up.
We must beat them as at present I dont see them losing to anybody else.

Terrible perfomance and mirrored how we played against them at Ibrox, sitting off them Kent Hagi, Wright and Alfie never preseed there back line and we couldnt get out, add into that Bassey passing to a red shirt all night.

I thought Wright and Hagi were as poor as ive seen them, Wright especially he took up terrible positions against hayes and gave him the freedom to start most of Aberdeen's attacks.

The ref had a shocker but thats what we get from Clancy, nothing.

Came away with mixed emotions over that result.
Obviously wanted the 3 points, but it wasn't till I got home & watched it again, we were lucky to take a point from it.
Clancy had a horror show, but he could also have given a penalty against McGregor. Had we went 1 down then, then we were never scoring.
Brown needs someone to 1/2 him, instead of biting & picking up meaningless bookings.
But, overall we were poor. They had their cup final day, fcuk them- we move on from it.

Player cant be blamed was thrown on at 90 mins but did ITTEN infuriate anyone else with his jogging about and not pressing the ball i think it was Scott Brown he allowed to stroll forward passed him whilst he stood there

Swear to god some of these players just don't get it and never will

There was a lot of incidents conveniently just ignored which is why officially Aberdeen only commited 7 fouls yet had 4 bookings.
I've just watched it about ten times, two handed push into Borna's back he then heads it down towards Alfie.
It's a free kick all day.

The fallout from last night will continue for a while yet on here.
The issue is that everyone on here watched the game and most will have posted thoughts and concerns/ dissatisfaction almost from kick off.
We went in front but had been poor and rather than kick on we actually got worse.
Question is, what game were the management team watching, its a concern.

How long does it take for the “I’m still pissed off after last night” feeling to leave me. I’m much more frustrated than I was 20 years ago.

Back