MOTM Poll Aberdeen v Rangers - 19:45 Tuesday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gio way tooo forgiving of Clancy! Just giving the (unts more rope to dish out more shite on us.
In Gio's defence this is the first time he would have saw Clancy in full flight. For instance he won't know of games like the League Cup Final couple year back and countless games like it.

Gio has to play the game, what difference does it make calling out the red and getting into soapy bubble. We should have put the game to bed before the pen and the red

Agree with most of that but Bassey was ok tonight, it was the fact that others weren’t up for it that cost us points. That includes the management tactics.
Glen was invisible and the front three never pressed. We never created anything tonight.
Tav Connor and Bassey looked like the only three that looked like they tried to do what was required.
We fell for the scrappy niggling tactics by Aberdeen tonight instead of trying to play football.
I agree with most as well. I just ghinkbtherr was no composure from Big Shirley tonight. Was row z stuff, when we needed a bit of calm in places.

What the absolute fúck was that interview about???

Aye no problem Gio. Happy with a point and down the road.

I’m sitting in disbelief at what we just heard.

The fear about tonight was that we would let them turn it into a stop start battle. We did. The fear was also that the midfield would get dominated. It did. Even alfie became too busy trying to get into scuffles with brown.

Very poor night at the office. Especially all the chat about us having a plan for a week or so for the game. Gio would have known for that long that arfield was out too. So, if we had a plan for tonight someone will need to tell me what it was.

End of the day, we have come out that murder run 4pts clear, same as we entered it.

Its abundantly clear that we need to enter the transfer market for a number 8 and a right winger. Can’t afford to stand still.

2 winnable games in a row now and time to get players back from injury. Reaction needed.

I would 100% get a complaint in about Clancy after tonight tho. He gave everything to aberdeen all night long.

Clancy didn't give Aberdeen the 1st half penalty which could have resulted in a sending off for Shagger. Even Kris Boyd is saying it was a clear penalty although I'm still not convinced.

My fears of Gio are beginning to haunt. We shouldn’t have been recruiting managers from China. When will we ever learn that ex players don’t have to be the next Rangers manager. I fear that we have set out stall and it ain’t about to change. I know this doesn’t sit well in here but there you go.
Nonsense, utter nonsense.

Clancy didn't give Aberdeen the 1st half penalty which could have resulted in a sending off for Shagger. Even Kris Boyd is saying it was a clear penalty although I'm still not convinced.
I'm not convinced either. I've seen it back many times. Think both players shat it tbh.

We've made it into a tough one.

Just wish that we treated them with the contempt they give to us and that we didn't suddenly stop every time we get the first goal against them.
I get what you say but we are Rangers!
Every body wants to try harder against us.
Partiularly as champions.
They want that scalp.

I just don't remember a time that going to Pittodrie was not difficult.

And I am in my fifties.

The lack of pace in central midfield a real worry and probably our most pressing transfer issue. We keep loading up on defensive players but it's the way teams cut through the middle at times that leaves the defence in the shite. They get 30/40 yards out in central areas unchallenged consistently.

We need to accept Jack needs replacing with his injury issues and lundstram is not the right fit. Hopefully Sands works out well but we need someone with energy and pace who can really turn defence into attack quickly.

Tonight if anything Gio should learn a lot more about the players he's got. It's easy to paper over the cracks when going well. Saying that thou let's not go to crazy about tonight the sheep away are always tough games .

What are the decisions we were cheated out of exactly? I fcking hate Clancy but the penalty was a penalty and the second yellow was a second yellow.
It’s more subtle than that.
Clancy set out to counter the way we play, allowing Aberdeen tackles and fouls we were instantly pulled up for.
Result, our style of play never gets going. Watching their players rolling about on the ground at every challenge is more blatant, when you fall for it every time.
I always thought free kicks, of which a penalty is one, should be taken with the ball stationary ie not moving.
With nothing else happening and two other officials to help him, lo and behold, he manages to not notice the ball was moving.
Either that or he saw it and let it go, abandoning his previous, ludicrous levels of persnicketiness he displayed all night.
It‘s a puzzle isn’t it?

Man of the Match…..substitute not used!!!

that was a 90 minute team effort, unfortunately the team was rotten.

We wont. This race will go to the wire. We should have enough to win it but we need to get a couple of starters in i feel.
Celtic aren't the same shite as last season. I just don't get where this blind "ach f*ck it we will run away with this" idea is coming from.

We need a couple of signings, the midfield tonight is proof of that. We do that, and we get our injured players back then I'll feel a lot more confident.

There's no contact for a start, then there is the standard of tackle that merits a yellow, a precedent which was set when McCrorie got away with his and Hayes, oh, and Brown...
I've never seen a player on a booking going in like that and not picking up another booking when the 'recieving player' rolls about diving. Could see it coming as soon as he charged towards him.

Celtic aren't the same shite as last season. I just don't get where this blind "ach f*ck it we will run away with this" idea is coming from.

We need a couple of signings, the midfield tonight is proof of that. We do that, and we get our injured players back then I'll feel a lot more confident.
I agree. Both sides will drop points and have off days. We need to get a couple of fresh bodies in. People can say celtic are shite all they like but it wont make it true. They will win almost all their games, so will we. Its going to be very close.

I've never seen a player on a booking going in like that and not picking up another booking when the 'recieving player' rolls about diving. Could see it coming as soon as he charged towards him.
Going in like that, what trying to win the ball, he never touched Brown and to still argue that it is a deserved booking is daft.

Clancy was looking for opportunities to book players tonight, soft as shit bookings as well.

Hopefully tonight gives the manager, players and to be honest, fans, a bit of a reality check about the lay of the land and what needs done going forward if we are going to win this league

I said in an earlier post its the officials that will win this league for them

And you know what, they say that the refs will win the league for us.

We call out the refs, they call out the refs. We see things through blue tinted specs, they see things through green specs.

Our refs are dreadful but corrupt, I'd hate to think so.

If Clancy was out to get Rangers tonight he gives Aberdeen the penalty call 30 seconds before our goal.

Back