MOTM Poll Aberdeen v Rangers - 19:45 Tuesday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nothing shat it.
A at
I've never seen a player on a booking going in like that and not picking up another booking when the 'recieving player' rolls about diving. Could see it coming as soon as he charged towards him.
lego played him like a fiddle, he was really poor tonight. Hagi goal apart was poor too. Morelos back to his old dropping to deep ways as well. Salaka looked out only chance of a winner

Our lead of 4pts is nothing. Tonights result (as well as the poor performance) will give the Tims added belief that we are there for the taking.

Have to be honest I am more than a little shocked at just how abysmal we were. Aberdeen all but bossed the whole game, we had no sustained period of pressure at anytime and it is a long time since that can be said of a Rangers side at Pittodrie. That was not the performance I expected after Gio had two weeks to work with the players.
We'd have lost convincingly tonight if that was against the Tims. Like you, I'm shocked at that level performance. It's always tough up there, but that was beyond inept. Outfought and outplayed the entire game. We look like a side that needs an injection of quality from middle to front.

Firstly Aberdeen are pish and I think that we judge them on past history rather than the team that they are now. In the first half I was convinced that we were going to do them big time, but we seem to try and sit on a 1-0 lead and you can never do that. Without the second goal we will always be vulnerable, and so it turned out to be. In the second half we were pretty abysmal and I think that we were suffering from the curse of the shutdown, with a little bit of a loss of momentum. I would have liked to have seen sakala on a bit earlier and I must agree with some posters that Ryan Kent, apart from a fantastic assist for the goal is well off the boil at moment.

We'd have lost convincingly tonight if that was against the Tims. Like you, I'm shocked at that level performance. It's always tough up there, but that was beyond inept. Outfought and outplayed the entire game. We look like a side that needs an injection of quality from middle to front.
We didn’t have a middle tonight. Thats how bad it was.

I don’t think we have created less in 90 mins in years domestically.

Yes there was.
Morelos
And I’m a critic of his
Morelos motm ?
Wtf.
Slow to react to a slack backpass, poor in letting Mccrorie walk bye him with the ball leading to the corner then gave away the pen, generally outfought,
In his defence the service and support was dire ( as it is way too often ) but not motm by a long way.

4 points squandered in 2 games v them so far btw.

Everybody could see that. So why Kent went anywhere near Brown is beyond me.
Because he is challenging for the ball, what is he supposed to do, just back off and allow players to go by him?

You challenge for the ball and if there is contact with a player which is deemed to be intentional, it's a foul, if there isn't any, it's not a foul - I don't get what you are struggling with here?

While already on a booking? Can't see it but happy to be proved wrong
I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make

In my eyes it’s not a foul and if it is it’s a very soft one with no booking attached. Where else do you see that given as a second yellow?

Because he is challenging for the ball, what is he supposed to do, just back off and allow players to go by him?
He wasn't going by him. He was clearly punting it up the park and Kent was trying to block that, hence why he went full tilt towards him

He wasn't going by him. He was clearly punting it up the park and Kent was trying to block that, hence why he went full tilt towards him
Mate, you're arguing that Kent is daft for getting a yellow card which was never a yellow card.

You are literally arguing that Clancy had no other choice but to seize the opportunity to cheat once more in that game.

Mate, you're arguing that Kent is daft for getting a yellow card which was never a yellow card.
Neither was his first but if you're already booked you stay well clear of any opportunity for Clancy to book you again. If you go in like that, don't get the ball and Brown's rolling around like he's shot I honestly don't know what other outcome is expected

My gut feeling is wee would never have put that performance in under gerrard, if we can play like that against the sheep we can drop points at Ross county if we’re not carefull, inept tactically

That 99/100 incidents like that the player already booked going in is getting booked again if he doesn't get the ball.
Or the player? You're talking nonsense, most referees seeing a player go for a ball, but miss it and make no contact will just allow play to carry on.

Especially if the player is on a yellow, a second yellow usually comes after a deserving foul.

Midfield of Lundstrum Kamara and Sands no use when you need to get a winner
We were winning at the time Lundstram came on and this is Sands first game! I thought Gio would have started with Sakala brought Wright on later on! Should have changed formation to stop them having so much possession!

That 99/100 incidents like that the player already booked going in is getting booked again if he doesn't get the ball.
He went in to block Browns clearance

You’re saying that 99/100 a player goes in to block a clearance, misses the ball, misses the man but he gets a second yellow card?

Clancy was rotten but think some are using him as an excuse for how bad we were,our players should be well aware of brown by now.Some fans seem to think we are a lot better than we are.Fans moaning about no Joe tonight but sheep were missing players too,and IThink the management should take responsibility for the tactics tonight.We were lucky to come away with a point .

He went in to block Browns clearance

You’re saying that 99/100 a player goes in to block a clearance, misses the ball, misses the man but he gets a second yellow card?
If he's missing the ball and the opposition player is rolling around like he's been shot then aye, 99/100 the player already booked going in is picking up another.

Brown played him mate, and was average the whole game, the young sheep full back had him in his back pocket the whole game.. I fkin detest brown but wish we had some players with the Same savvy for big games
We have a player that can do that but to a much higher standard and can actually contribute to our own game.

His names Scotty Arfield and we missed him massively tonight, no way he lets Brown control that game.

Brown played him mate, and was average the whole game, the young sheep full back had him in his back pocket the whole game.. I fkin detest brown but wish we had some players with the Same savvy for big games

Right no I'm sorry but no! You wish we had a player like Brown!?!?!?!

Admin haha

Me? B-D

You're the one claiming that 99/100 players will be booked if they miss the ball and the player when attempting to block a clearance ffs! B-D
I literally didn't haha

I said if a player on a booking charges in, misses the ball and the opposition player rolls around like they've been shot then there's only one outcome 99/100 times.

So like I said, talking shite.

Aye def we never dropped points against SPL jobbers when Gerrard was around......
Aye def we never dropped points against SPL jobbers when Gerrard was around......

Sniff sniff
Sniff sniff.. aye ok grow up pal, I am ragin at that result.. was a massive game for us tonight and we let ourselves down.. I make no apology for saying that.. at least I’m no on giving sniff sniff as my best input for a crap showing

I literally didn't haha

I said if a player on a booking charges in, misses the ball and the opposition player rolls around like they've been shot then there's only one outcome 99/100 times.

So like I said, talking shite.
So 99/100 challenges like that are earning a second yellow? Like I said you were claiming?

You are sticking to your argument, it's a shite one but fair play, you enjoy your night mate.

My gut feeling is wee would never have put that performance in under gerrard, if we can play like that against the sheep we can drop points at Ross county if we’re not carefull, inept tactically
We put a good few performances in like that under gerrard mate. Hamilton away last season when we lost the last minute goal being one time. We where absolutely rotten and Hamilton had the best of the chances game finished 1-1.

Back