MOTM Poll Aberdeen v Rangers - 19:45 Tuesday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We just seemed so lazy.
If we match these teams work rate, then our better players and football would come to the fore.

I am surprised the cheat only sent one of our players off.
Will the compliance officer be looking at the double elbow on Borna by that troglodyte?

We have to call out the ref. We didn't do do it in Dec 2019 when we won at parkhead despite an outrageous performance from him. We Cant afford that again.

It is no suprise to see VAR delayed again either.

Why do we lack street savvy? We know what Brown is. Either completely end him and make it worth it or stand off.

Poor tonight. League was done if OF game went ahead as planned imo. Instead of 9 ahead it's now just 4, Tim's knew what they were doing pushing for the break to be brought forward.

Thought we did well to get a point in that game given we had so few chances. Our midfield 3 is not up to much without either a Davis or Aribo - surely a priority for the transfer deadline...

My fears of Gio are beginning to haunt. We shouldn’t have been recruiting managers from China. When will we ever learn that ex players don’t have to be the next Rangers manager. I fear that we have set out stall and it ain’t about to change. I know this doesn’t sit well in here but there you go.

It's our fault though. Can we no call out the shite fucking play from minute 1 to minute 94? We didn't even deserve a point. We had 300 odd passes all night and most were punts up the park, when it's blowing a gale. 77% passes compared to their 500 odd passes and 84% accuracy. If you think Morelos ' arm was at his side then you never watched the game. I fucking knew it, had a feeling this was coming tonight. Said it on a thread where people were bragging about that mob no beating us in 800 odd days or whatever, I said forget that shite let's see if we get a result tomorrow first. Doesn't matter the ref tonight, that result was always going to happen with the way we played from the first minute. We got bullied all fucking night and trying to shut up shop at 65 fucking minutes is terrible
It absolutely matters about Clancy. He got every major decision wrong and gifted them a point.

Regardless of our performance he gave them a penalty wrongly, he let an illegal spot kick stand, and he booked Kent wrongly twice.

That’s either robbery or unbelievable incompetence and he should never referee another game. Simple as that.

I assume you'll be happy to have Clancy a few more times this season?
No, you know that's not what I meant,, we were very poor, with or without Clancy it wouldn't have made any difference to our performance, we were not at the races tonight, he had a bad game but so did we.

Have just seen the match stats on the BBC site.
We committed 21 fouls and the sheep just 7 ! I suppose though that‘s about right if the ref fails to blow for their “fouls”.

Hagi was terrible other than the goal. Why single him out? Unfortunaty him he's replacing Aribo. I know he has it in him but he needs a spell on the bench when others return.

Hard to get past the refereeing performance but worrying aspect for me is again we look like we’re still on our holidays after the winter break.

Me too m

I agree with your 1st paragraph, the 2nd not so much? Would it really have had an impact in the game?

Mate we can't let Clancy and his likes book and send our players off on a whim. Neither of those yellows were worth a booking. We were under more pressure than ever when we went down to 10 and could easily have lost as a consequence.

Really doesn't perform with someone next to him, either Plays the lcm role covering Lb bombing pn or plays as the deep lying playmaker, he's wasted otherwise
That aside he wouldn't make an angle to recieve a pass, that's not on no matter where you are playing. Missed Aribo big time and hopefully it's a one off bad night. We need a decent signing in midfield.

Can't believe Boyd basically just glossed over the elbow on Barisic.

The fact he didn't get a foul let alone Hayes booked again was a disgrace, yet the referee has ordered him to go and get treatment for the blood which was caused by Hayes' assault. Major talking point gets 20 seconds and completely changed topic to how many of the bookings were just 'flashpoints' rather than memorable tackles.

Shite coverage.

What are the decisions we were cheated out of exactly? I fcking hate Clancy but the penalty was a penalty and the second yellow was a second yellow.
You're at it! Everyone on sky even saying neither of Kent's yellow cards were a yellow!

We will have to dig in massively over the next few weeks, midfield is decimated. Kent now suspended. We need reinforcements.

All the pundits agree that there was nothing in it, you must be the only person who thinks that was a booking

The guy that scored the goal?
Who was gonnae start? Aribo, Arfield and Davis missing. The moving of the winter break was only going to benefit one team and it wasnt us. We had the momentum, we had the players. Whole episode was a stitch up.
What else did he do bar the tap in? When was the last time he played well?

Don't get why we treat with them such respect. They're a fucking mickey mouse team. Shouldn't be seen as a 'tough' away game season after season.
It evidently is a tough away game.

No team is going to sit and take a doing off us
Aberdeen as you say have given us problems particularly at Pittodrie for years.

A Rangers team has to win the battle first.
When we don't do that like tonight we will and have struggled at more than one away ground.

Hayes should’ve received a straight red for that double assault on Borna.
Makes it worse straight in front on linesman.
Then to compound it, the Lego muncher goes running to his pal when they have an attacking free kick to tell him he’s bleeding.
Then to go off park and have it treated!!!!

My fears of Gio are beginning to haunt. We shouldn’t have been recruiting managers from China. When will we ever learn that ex players don’t have to be the next Rangers manager. I fear that we have set out stall and it ain’t about to change. I know this doesn’t sit well in here but there you go.
Are you for real, he won the Dutch league as manager. First points dropped in 8 games. Unbelievable

Back