Rangers’ SFA complaints are just ‘sour grapes’ after dropping points in title race

Shankillglenmen

Tam McManus has accused Rangers of ‘sour grapes’ after their eight point complaint letter was handed to the SFA.

The Ibrox club have held talks with the governing body after Tuesday’s contentious 1-1 draw with Aberdeen.

But ex-Hibs striker McManus told PLZ Soccer, Rangers haven’t been consistent when it comes to complaints.

He said: “I think they’ve got a point because the referee was poor, lets not beat about the bush, the referee was poor on the night for both teams.

“To come out after that game in particular, when Rangers have not had a man sent off in over 2 years, it’s a wee bit sour grapes for me.

“There’s been decisions in the past where Rangers have benefitted, when Rangers players should have got sent off during games in key periods.

“Off the top of my head, Morelos stamping on Porteous and Rangers won the game 1-0. I think Morelos again with the swinging arm when he got done retrospectively.

“There’s been decisions that have gone Rangers’ way and they’ve never complained about it to the SFA.

“This decision has went against them, the first red card in over 2 years, and they go moaning to the SFA.

Tam McManus has accused Rangers of ‘sour grapes’ after their eight point complaint letter was handed to the SFA.

The Ibrox club have held talks with the governing body after Tuesday’s contentious 1-1 draw with Aberdeen.

But ex-Hibs striker McManus told PLZ Soccer, Rangers haven’t been consistent when it comes to complaints.

He said: “I think they’ve got a point because the referee was poor, lets not beat about the bush, the referee was poor on the night for both teams.

“To come out after that game in particular, when Rangers have not had a man sent off in over 2 years, it’s a wee bit sour grapes for me.

“There’s been decisions in the past where Rangers have benefitted, when Rangers players should have got sent off during games in key periods.

“Off the top of my head, Morelos stamping on Porteous and Rangers won the game 1-0. I think Morelos again with the swinging arm when he got done retrospectively.

“There’s been decisions that have gone Rangers’ way and they’ve never complained about it to the SFA.

“This decision has went against them, the first red card in over 2 years, and they go moaning to the SFA.
Remember cockroaches like him and Sutton coming out and having a go at Celtic for their chairman writing letters of concern about Referees to the SFA?

Nope, nor do I...

If they genuinely thought this we’d already have VAR

It’s all just theatre to intimidate referees bias or no bias

Tam McManus has one of those snivelling wee faces that make him look like he’s always pain. So has Kevin Clancy, ironically enough.
He always seems to have plenty to say about Rangers, and it’s always negative. He never has a good word to say about us. A prick of a man.

Never heard a peep from this wee prick when his beloved Celtc were complaining or engaging every week with the SFA .They can't help making an absolute a rse of themselves in their eagerness to get a pop at the Gers......the only sour grapes is from them because of 55.

Is Scotland the only footballing country where no-marks that achieved nothing in their careers are some how deemed worthy of becoming pundits? McManus, Stewart, Craigan etc. Bog standard footballers with the brass neck to criticise players that are at a level they could never even dream of. Bizarre stuff

Tam McManus is less that irrelevant and should be ignored.

Wait, PLZ went to a Celtic fan to comment on this? I'm shocked. Didn't see that coming at all. Then again I've no doubt Barry Ferguson would say the same things as McManus if he was on the "show".

This will be the accepted media narrative.

We should have gone after Clancy like this when he failed to cheat us out of beating Celtic at the piggery as the best time to do it is after you win anyway.
Exactly mate. And many of us have made that exact point time after time. It doesn’t need a degree in politics to improve how we go about things at times. It’s frustrating to say the least, especially when it gives brain donors like McAnus a bit of a free hit.

Tam McManus has one of those snivelling wee faces that make him look like he’s always pain. So has Kevin Clancy, ironically enough.
He always seems to have plenty to say about Rangers, and it’s always negative. He never has a good word to say about us. A prick of a man.
Personally I think we are embarrassing ourselves a bit complaining over this, yes it wasn’t a red and maybe Hayes could have been a red, but at the end of the day if he had given the penalty, which it was , the sheep prob would have been 1-0 up instead of 1-0 down and would have won the match, we were pish and didn’t deserve 3 points, face up to it and concentrate on improving performance and signing a couple of well needed players for the first team

Yes Tam, haven't had a man sent off in 2 years. So do you think 27 fouls against, as well as a joke of a red, is justified, ya rhat?

Tam McManus is as relevant as a skid mark on a toilet bowl

Complete irrelevance that’s always vocal about us to try and stay relevant

mentally challenged pundit sticks up for mentally challenged ref.

If Clancy had that one sided biased performance against Celtic it would have been brought up in parliament and his career would be finished with the media witch-hunt that followed

We all know what he is and in the nicest way I can put it , he’s a Celtic fan with a whistle

Remember Michael Beale once got a 5 game ban for telling him the truth

Seems they all forget Bankier moaning about Nick Walsh at their AGM then contacting the SFA about comments Crawford Allan made on radio about Furuhashi:s offside goal.

McManus is as thick as they come there is more intelligent plankton living in the world than him.

Aw come on! What we letting Tam McManus' opinions on here for.

Absolute head full of air tit.

Personally I think we are embarrassing ourselves a bit complaining over this, yes it wasn’t a red and maybe Hayes could have been a red, but at the end of the day if he had given the penalty, which it was , the sheep prob would have been 1-0 up instead of 1-0 down and would have won the match, we were pish and didn’t deserve 3 points, face up to it and concentrate on improving performance and signing a couple of well needed players for the first team

Aberdeen could easily have had 3 men sent off the other night. Broon for persistent fouling, Hayes for violent conduct, McCrorie for a bad foul on Morelos. Aberdeen's " penalty " was a clear push and shove on Barasic seconds before.

I used to think highlighting poor refereeing when we won was the best time as it couldn't be seen as sour grapes but quickly realised that:

Poor refereeing performance and drop points = sour grapes.
Poor refereeing performance and win = shut up and enjoy your win.

You can't win with them.

You arenat it!

Really wheeling out the big guns here, to pour scorn on Rangers legitimate complaints regarding a cheating piece of filth.

The goat whisperer earlier, now some no-mark asshole who guests on a show with fellow feeble minded yahoos.

Thanks to social media nonentities like him, their opinions, which are absolutely not worth a shit, are put up as something we are supposed care about?

All of them.And I mean, all of them.
That classify themselves as ‘pundits’ are nobodies.
Nobodies.

If you stop mentioning their names, and debating about what the say…they become forgotten @bout.
Nobodies.

Back