Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bright Osayi Samuel ex Queens Park Rangers signed for Turkish team plays for Nigeria we were interested in for a few seasons ?
You asking if it’s an option or putting the name out as someone we are interested in? You were pretty accurate with your Hagi info hence my asking here

I would loved to have seen this board if it existed during 9IAR. Meltdowns every other week.

Some posters seem to think there was some fairytale era where every signing was a blinder and we skelped the tims every other week.

Never happened. We've suffered losses we never should have taken and our teams could always have been better.

I am still confident that if we have no changes to our squad this window, we will win the league. I'm guessing our manager thinks the same.

There is no news. Tomorrow is the 27th January and people need to start getting used to the idea.
We going on strike? Should we tell the club it’s our ball and we’re not playing?

There’s some amount on here who seem to believe we are not actively trying to improve the team, despite Gio saying there are funds available but will only move if it improves what we have. Which is the way it should be.

If we get one or two signings in this week great, if not then it’s because we haven’t been able to find an improvement on what we have.

You asking if it’s an option or putting the name out as someone we are interested in? You were pretty accurate with your Hagi info hence my asking here
No just a suggestion especially when we have been interested before but as poster says he has be playing regularly
the fee quoted last time was 3 million approx
plays for Nigeria maybe Aribo could have word

That's mental mate.
You can't make rash statements like that, without knowing the facts.

Don't you think that it depends on who the loan option is?

What if the players we are trying to buy are being overvalued by their selling clubs and don't represent good value for us?

What would you rather have?
Moving further down the market and buying a player who won't necessarily improve us, or a quality loan option, that'll strengthen our team and help us win the league?

It's not as if our squad is full of loan signings either.
The exact opposite, in fact.

Look at the scum.

One of the reasons they are just clinging on to our coat tails and no more, is because Jota and Carter Vickers have proved to be decent loan signings for them.

Maybe better keeping your powder dry, until the window closes mate.
Fair points mate but that’s why I said IF that’s the case.

We all know players are over priced so that’s nothing new and every club will be in the same boat

Absolutely no point in signing players from Ross County. No better than a Barker, Jones or Wright.
I don't agree with that. There's nothing to say someone like Regan Charles Cook wouldn't go on to be better than Barker, Jones, Wright or Hastie.

But its a risk and at the moment, when we have those three, why would we add another player who can play in that position? That said, if the plan is to get rid of Barker & Hastie and GVB doesn't fancy Wright, that's where you could see an argument for signing someone else if they're available now and fit the long term plans.

We need to improve the first XI; trim the squad and also retain some strength in-depth.

We're still in a bit of a transition phase (even if SG was still here) and its not all going to be sorted this window.

Last edited:
I don't agree with that. There's nothing to say someone like Regan Charles Cook wouldn't go on to be better than Barker, Jones, Wright or Hastie.

But its a risk and at the moment, when we have those three, why would we add another player who can play in that position? That said, if the plan is to get rid of Barker & Hastie and GVB doesn't fancy Wright, that's where you could see an argument for signing someone else if they're available now and fit the long term plans.

We need to improve the first XI; trim the squad and also retain some strength in-depth.

We're still in a bit of a transition phase (even if SG was still here) and its not all going to be sorted this window.
Have watched Refan Charles Cook several times. He is nowhere near the quality we need. Nor will he develop to that level. Non starter.

Could be a whole host of reasons to be fair. Maybe we are waiting on clubs coming back to us. Fees too high, clubs may lower demands closer to end of window etc.
Maybe the players we want just are not available. What's the point as gio said yesterday of just bringing someone in for the sake of it.

This year is important but we should not be blowing only on players who are not right and don't improve us.

There Is also no guarantee that they would guarantee cl football.

Let's just see what happens as the days go on. Also no point rangers coming out and sating we are desperate to sign players as that just loses us position of bargaining

That's mental mate.
You can't make rash statements like that, without knowing the facts.

Don't you think that it depends on who the loan option is?

What if the players we are trying to buy are being overvalued by their selling clubs and don't represent good value for us?

What would you rather have?
Moving further down the market and buying a player who won't necessarily improve us, or a quality loan option, that'll strengthen our team and help us win the league?

It's not as if our squad is full of loan signings either.
The exact opposite, in fact.

Look at the scum.

One of the reasons they are just clinging on to our coat tails and no more, is because Jota and Carter Vickers have proved to be decent loan signings for them.

Maybe better keeping your powder dry, until the window closes mate.
Was just about to mention those 2. They have been an upgrade on what they had.
People often forget Steven Davis arrived on loan and the vast majority on here were extremely underwhelmed, look how that turned out. Look at the impact Diouf made! He wasn't brilliant, but certainly boosted morale and got under their skin.
The loan market can be brilliant if we get it right.

Same board that spaffed £40m against a wall bringing the league home?

The loans we receive annually to keep the lights on, now not only need repaid in full but there is interest.

Before, they were converted to equity - every loan we now have needs repaid the following season so we're probably talking at least ten million that wasn't there before that needs to be paid.

That being said, turning off the tap completely is never a good idea - yet another boom or bust Rangers side when it comes to transfers.

I, like others, am disappointed but let's be real here: this should not be a surprise to anyone at all. Lots of our supporters have deluded themselves into thinking we can overspend eternally - the board have been crystal clear on this.
BTW - shouldn't have suggested the money was wasted, but it's been converted to equity at least. Would be challenging for them to get a return any time soon

Closer to half of that for now.

£4m will be paid in installments and £4m is add ons that, as far as I understand, aren’t even guaranteed.

The way football accounting works is that they recognise the full guaranteed transfer up front, regardless of when it's paid - so £12m will be recognised now but the add ons pretty much mean nothing until they are hit. In business it doesn't matter if you have the cash, it matters what the accounting says.

Regardless, the reason we've not reinvested it is obviously as it's going towards reducing our debt/loans which we can't argue with - we always knew this was coming.

I'm surprised so many people are against getting a loan deal in. If we sign a forward/winger now it will be because of Hagi's injury - so we absolutely should only get someone on loan. We can't go spending £2-3m on someone at a whim because of an injury late in the window.

The value in the last few days of the January market is terrible, we'd be massively overspending.

We should be looking down in the EPL/Championship at players that are out of favour and would be happy to get them off the wage bill for 6 months - given how late it is in the window I think that's our best shot.

No just a suggestion especially when we have been interested before but as poster says he has be playing regularly
the fee quoted last time was 3 million approx
plays for Nigeria maybe Aribo could have word

A suggestion to who?

Our recruitment team don't use FF for player suggestions.

134hrs left

You can choose to panic before 1st February - it's entirely your choice. Lack of noise/gossip from Rangers is something you can either wildly join in with or ignore and wait calmly.

Signing someone today is unlikely to see them start in the OF game - so today or midnight on deadline day isn't a big deal.

I'm choosing to wait until deadline for my own sanity.

I agree with you which is why try not to get drawn in too much on a specific player.

As you say, it’s beginning to look like we won’t have someone in before the old firm. I think that’s poor from the club given our injury problems and the potential that 3/4 of our players could have been away on international duty. Not to add that there were crying out for an injection of quality IMO, even with a full squad available.

Wether we like it or not this period could see a big point swing, we’ve already dropped 2 and I’ve no confidence in starting with Sands or Wright at this time.

If we go into this game with a weaker squad, having not improved the first team in the last 2 windows it’s really disappointing.

As we're fast approaching deadline day, I was thinking that a loanee from one of the top 6 EPL clubs is an option if nothing permanent is going to arise elsewhere.

Have we ever been linked with Jayden Braaf? Dutch winger with Man City, out of contract in the summer. Almost recovered from an injury which curtailed his loan spell at Udinese (who had a £9 million fee arranged as part of his loan agreement), hyped as the next Leroy Sane not so long ago.

Add Hastie & Docherty to that also.

A bit unfair to group Doc and Wright, alongside Barker, Hastie and Jones mate.

Doc has carved out a decent career for himself in the English Championship and is a first pick every week for mid table Hull.

The jury is certainly still out on Wright, but he's had some good performances for us and certainly seems a hard worker and keen to improve.

In contrast, Barker seems to be getting worse each time I see him and Hastie couldn't even get in the Thistle team, when on loan there.
Jones is just a complete waster, with an attitude just behind that of Jason Cummings, or Leigh Griffiths.

37 pages of absolute verbal diarrhoea honestly admin would be best canning this thread until we hear something actually solid.
I used to love the transfer thread. Rumours, people claiming to be ITK, hopes up, hopes dashed and then eventually getting solid rumours and signings and then be buzzing! Now it’s just arguing about current players fitness and random shite that doesn’t belong in any thread.

Think the board need to weigh out the potential risks for the remainder of the window.

What's a bigger risk

(A) Going with what we have and potentially missing out on a £30m windfall that will make the club turn a profit for the first time in many a year.

(B) Spending £2-3m on a RW who could potentially score some vital goals that get us over the line in the title race?

I know absolutely nothing is guaranteed with new signings but going into to massive title deciding games with guys like Baker and Wright gives me the fear.

We are a couple of injuries away from completely lacking real creativity.

Have watched Refan Charles Cook several times. He is nowhere near the quality we need. Nor will he develop to that level. Non starter.
I was just using him as an example as he's the latest player to be mentioned as someone who we should be looking at, who then gets shot down because he plays in the SPL.

Think the board need to weigh out the potential risks for the remainder of the window.

What's a bigger risk

(A) Going with what we have and potentially missing out on a £30m windfall that will make the club turn a profit for the first time in many a year.

(B) Spending £2-3m on a RW who could potentially score some vital goals that get us over the line in the title race?

I know absolutely nothing is guaranteed with new signings but going into to massive title deciding games with guys like Baker and Wright gives me the fear.

An injury to Kent or Aribo away from a crisis and no CL money

We seem to be keen to waste resources on a CB we dont need and a project signing from the MLS (this is nothing against the player whatsover)

Few days to go but so far its been a shambles

Playing with fire here

It’s obvious we’re unable to get out primary targets for one reason or another. How far down the list do you go?

Do you spend 2-3m on a player now when the budget for that same position may be double that in the Summer?

Our biggest problem has always been bloated squads with high salaries for non-contributors. I don’t want more of that.

This squad is good enough to win the League. It’ll be on them and the manager if we don’t.

It’s obvious we’re unable to get out primary targets for one reason or another. How far down the list do you go?

Do you spend 2-3m on a player now when the budget for that same position may be double that in the Summer?

Our biggest problem has always been bloated squads with high salaries for non-contributors. I don’t want more of that.

This squad is good enough to win the League. It’ll be on them and the manager if we don’t.

Some people won’t be happy unless we spend money

Bizarre take on things if you ask me

We’re a few injuries or suspensions away from it being a real struggle

What's a bigger risk

Agreed.

But by not addressing this in the summer, we might be out of luck with our first choices until the summer window rolls around again.

I'd love to know what went on behind the scenes in the summer around transfer budgets, targets, SG etc.

As we're fast approaching deadline day, I was thinking that a loanee from one of the top 6 EPL clubs is an option if nothing permanent is going to arise elsewhere.

Have we ever been linked with Jayden Braaf? Dutch winger with Man City, out of contract in the summer. Almost recovered from an injury which curtailed his loan spell at Udinese (who had a £9 million fee arranged as part of his loan agreement), hyped as the next Leroy Sane not so long ago.
If we are looking at loans I'd rather it was an older/experienced player who isn't getting game time and has a point to prove, not an academy player on their first loan spell unless it was one of the top, top academy players. If we want a winger with end product we could see if Norwich would let us take Tzolis for a bit, only played 300 minutes this season and while he is quite young he has 80 professional games already.

Would it be fair to say we've never replaced Daniel Candeias?

Could be doing with someone of his ilk on the right wing

Tbf mate, Candeias had been dropped by Gerrard, just before we went on that long unbeaten run in spring, season 18/19, when he changed our shape and had Arfield and Kent playing behind Defoe, with Davis, Kamara and Jack in midfield.

We became a better team without him.

We also discovered Tavernier played better without Candeias too and created many more chances than he did.

That’s football, though. How big a squad do you carry in case of that?

I guess that’s why a loan would make sense, though.
Well we’ve just lost a squad player for the season, short term fix would be a loan deal if we can’t get the right permanent deal

I’m not expecting us to spunk millions for the sake of it but at the same time, we should be looking at loan deals as a minimum. If we were willing to spend £300k on souttar, I’d rather than was directed towards a loan deal for an attacking mid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back