After an abject performance, there are usually casualties, how many changes?

Gio#56

Out of the starting 11 on Wednesday, I think at least 3 will be bombed out.

Kent, Barasic, Kamara, are IMO certainties. This could easily be doubled.

For distribution and commanding his box I would like Mclaughlin.

I myself am 50/50 on Diallo, and if dropped would not be asking too many questions.

Roofe will make way for Morelos which was always going to be the case.

At Feyenoord GvB wasn’t slow in dropping under performers.

Thankfully Morelos is back so no Roofe.

Bassey simply has to come in for Barišić.

You could pick others too; Tavernier, McGregor, Kamara, Kent, Diallo.

I need to copy Barišić. Never spell it right. Cant see him dropping the captain but glad to hear he has a history of dropping underperformers.

At Feyenoord GvB wasn’t slow in dropping under performers.

Thankfully Morelos is back so no Roofe.

Bassey simply has to come in for Barišić.

You could pick others too; Tavernier, McGregor, Kamara, Kent, Diallo.

It should be Roofe and Alfie up top on a 442.

Shagger
Tav
Golson
Balogun
Bassey
Jack
Ramsey
Aribo
Arfield
Roofe
Alfie

Time to change this formation, aint working.

Kent,kamara,borna,mcgregor,roofe.
So should tav but that wont happen.
Must be dropped an utter feckin disgrace still angry.

Kamara, Roofe and Barisic will drop out. He has a decision to make on whether to drop Kent who was abysmal or take Diallo out of the firing line but surely Sakala comes in for one of them

Why does Roofe needs benched? He got no service whatsoever the other night.

Just because the main man is back in town. I think Sakala deserves a wide slot myself on the left. And as I said I am 50/50 on Diallo. So was not committing Roofe to be on the right. If he is, then like Diallo I am not putting up an argument.

Why does Roofe needs benched? He got no service whatsoever the other night.
Alfredo will come in for him, he was part of that shambles the other night any of them i wouldnt care about getting dropped.

Shagger
Tav
Golson
Balogun
Bassey
Jack
Ramsey
Aribo
Arfield
Roofe
Alfie

Genuinely wouldn’t have Roofe any where near the team and he would be a player I’d be looking to move on come the summer. Throw in Barišić too. The players out of contract would be gone too - sorry Arfield although a one year deal would be an option.

McGregor, Balogun, Goldson (OOC), Barišić, Davis, Firth. Your time is up.

Ramsey back to Juventus, Diallo back to Manchester United.

Barisic a definite for his display of shitebaggery.
Kent and Kamara as they've obviously chucked it
Possible drop for Diallo, Tav, McGregor.
That's probably too much for one game. Even Aribo stunk against them. We don't have enough in reserve to replace all the non trier's from the midweek.

Provided Alfie is back it’s 4 changes for me. Most will disagree but I’d stick with both Kent and Kamara and turf out invisible man Diallo. I’d be tempted to drop McGregor but think that one will be saved for later in the month.

McGregor
Tavernier
Goldson
Balogun
Bassey
Jack
Kamara/Davis
Aribo
Sakala
Morelos
Kent

Don’t think Jack will last beyond the hour so that’s when Ramsey will replace him and that’s probably when Diallo replaces Kent/Sakala and Roofe replaces Alfie.

I really want to see photos of Alfie at training today. If not, it’s likely he will only make the bench.

Last edited:
I suppose Gio will be looking at the training to see who is 100% up for the battle. Then after that does not obviously work with only Jack selected will be drawing straws with Roy Makaay.

Genuinely wouldn’t have Roofe any where near the team and he would be a player I’d be looking to move on come the summer. Throw in Barišić too. The players out of contract would be gone too - sorry Arfield although a one year deal would be an option.

McGregor, Balogun, Goldson (OOC), Barišić, Davis, Firth. Your time is up.

Ramsey back to Juventus, Diallo back to Manchester United.

Ramsey hasnt even kicked a baw for us! :D

Roofe has a record of 1 in 2, always a threat when he has service (Ramsey)

Provided Alfie us back it’s 4 changes for me. Most will disagree but I’d stick with both Kent and Kamara and turf out invisible man Diallo. I’d be tempted to drop McGregor but think that one will be saved for later in the month.

McGregor
Tavernier
Goldson
Balogun
Bassey
Jack
Kamara/Davis
Aribo
Sakala
Morelos
Kent

Don’t think Jack will last beyond the hour so that’s when Ramsey will replace him and that’s probably when Diallo replaces Kent/Sakala and Roofe replaces Alfie.

Davis cant surely start VB. You are extremely loyal to Kent and Kamara. If they are committed I get your thinking, their fortunes will turn. Just fed up waiting for it myself. Lowry, Sakala get dropped for no reason under GVB, why not some bigger names?

Ramsey hasnt even kicked a baw for us! :D

Roofe has a record of 1 in 2, always a threat when he has service (Ramsey)

He’s on loan. That’s all I was saying. He’ll be back at Juventus in the summer.

Roofe has a goal goals to game ratio but he’s too injury prone and even on Wednesday with no service, he’s not looking to do what Morelos does.

Dropping Kent would be cutting his nose of to his spite his face TBH.

Borna just cannot be allowed to play after that,
Diallo is likely an easy one to drop.
Roofe if Morelos is back
Kamara will likely get chucked under the bus

Wouldn't mind seeing our tactics and setup being made a casualty of the performance either TBH

how is Kamara getting chucked under the bus?

Because he is as much a victim of tactical setup TBH, a better manager would be looking to play a system that suits the players he does have rather than imposing a formation on them.

do you think he only performs with another sitting midfielder?

On that note, I am no tactical genius. But any time I watch him for Finland, he is every bit of a midfield general you can get.

After Wednesday night, I would imagine there’ll be no Borna and Kamara.
Kent didn’t exactly cover himself in glory either but I can see him starting.
I see a lot of predicted team selections on here for Sunday which includes Ramsey. Do we really think he’s up to speed yet.?

Roofe and his 1 and 2 record is the biggest load of baws going TBH, it's not reflected in how he has played and is mostly driven off penalties.

I agree with that. He’s got a bit of quality about him but we barely see it. He’s absolutely not suited to the way we play. He’s always injured and his Rangers career (like the last 4 years) has been stop start.

Both Roofe and Itten need moved on.

Balogun in for Bassey. Bassey moved into LB for Borna, Alfie returning for Roofe will be the only changes I think? Would love Jack and Ramsey to start but I don’t think they will. :mad::mad:

Having had two nights to calm somewhat, all is not lost, however, we cannot afford slip ups in this next week or that’s asking too much.

They’ll stick 4 or 5 by Motherwell and win comfy, putting pressure on us.

GVB tactically must change, simply has to or he’s done. Team selections should be for whichever specific game is up next and not looking ahead. We simply have to go one game at a time.

After Wednesday night, I would imagine there’ll be no Borna and Kamara.
Kent didn’t exactly cover himself in glory either but I can see him starting.
I see a lot of predicted team selections on here for Sunday which includes Ramsey. Do we really think he’s up to speed yet.?

What has he been doing in training if not? Covid issue has surely passed and the only way to get match fit is to play games. If he is carrying a knock at least tell us and then the punters will stop drawing their own conclusions.

McLaughlin
Tav
Goldson
Balogun
Bassey
Jack
Ramsey
Aribo
Amad
Alfie
Sakala

Thats near our strongest team IMO in regards form. Amad given another chance is the only doubt but one I would also go with. He just needs to be more committed when off the ball.

Davis cant surely start VB. You are extremely loyal to Kent and Kamara. If they are committed I get your thinking, their fortunes will turn. Just fed up waiting for it myself. Lowry, Sakala get dropped for no reason under GVB, why not some bigger names?
We need two in there that control the midfield. I’m not a huge fan of the current version of Davis and my preference would be Jack-Kamara I simply stuck SD in as an alternative option knowing folk would moan:). As I said in the same post I’d stick with both Kent and Kamara ideally. I’d even take Sands in there with Jack.

I‘ve seen folk say Kent ‘chucked it’. I disagree wholeheartedly. He played poorly but I don’t think it fair to say he didn’t try, that’s just the usual shite we get on here after a defeat. Kamara, for me, is a victim of GvBs tactics. He’s looked lost and confused as to his role. In all honesty Aribo was as awful a performance on Wednesday yet has virtually escaped criticism.

For me the two that have to drop out are Barisic and Diallo. Getting Jack and, if he’s back, Morelos into the team are also non-negotiables. Provided that happens I can live with whatever the rest of the team is, No Morelos and I’m a worried man. Please let us see photos of him in training today.

Thats near our strongest team IMO in regards form.

It's really not TBH, despite some peoples recent reservations about him, Kent, is both in our strongest team and has dragged us out the sh*t quite a few times recently to suggest Dialo before him makes us stronger is a bit staggering TBH

The starting XI for the rest of the season should be:

McLaughlin

Tav
Goldson
Balogun
Bassey

Jack
Ramsey
Aribo
Arfield

Morelos
Roofe

The rest need to show us why they should be in there instead of the above names and do all they can to win a place. Not the best starting 11 there in terms of pure ability, but the majority of these players at least do all they can and play for the shirt. Balogun isn't the best CB we have, but always seems to up his game against Celtic and was an absolute warrior against them in Sept. Mcgregor was great against Celtic, but has been suspect against most of the other teams we've played. Ross County was one too many mistakes for me.

Last edited:
It's really not TBH, despite some peoples recent reservations about him, Kent, is both in our strongest team and has dragged us out the sh*t quite a few times recently to suggest Dialo before him makes us stronger is a bit staggering TBH

Its for the other wing. I am picking Sakala over Kent. As for the lad Diallo. I think there is a player there. I think already we have seen how he can assist and score. Sorry but not seeing that in Kent right now. Diallo need to be more committed off the ball that I give you. Thats for our manager to sort.

Shagger
Tav
Golson
Balogun
Bassey
Jack
Ramsey
Aribo
Arfield
Roofe
Alfie

I would agree with this, though can't see it happening.
Midfield diamond. Aribo at the tip.
Arfield, Ramsey, left and right.
Width from full backs. Like before!
Jack, Arfield and Ramsey all have enough game intelligence to cover the FBs.

Would probably have McLaughlin in for his distribution and commanding his box like OP though.

Its for the other wing. I am picking Sakala over Kent. As for the lad Diallo. I think there is a player there. I think already we have seen how he can assist and score. Sorry but not seeing that in Kent right now. Diallo need to be more committed off the ball that I give you. Thats for our manager to sort.

Since Gio arrived...

We win at Hibs, who won the penalty?
Hearts, first goal, Kent heavily involved
St Johnstone at home, Kent scored,
Aberdeen, who set up our goal?
Ross County, who set up Tavs goal?

That is disregarding absolute gold chances given to Morelos at Tynecastle, Sakala at Ross County, Roofe and Goldson the other night, even during a game when he was gash.

The creation coming from Kent isn't as much an issue as some make out, given how devoid we look of ideas we aren't in a place to give that up TBH

Last edited:
The starting XI for the rest of the season should be:

McLaughlin

Tav
Goldson
Balogun
Bassey

Jack
Ramsey
Aribo
Arfield

Morelos
Roofe

The rest need to show us why they should be in there instead of the above names and do all they can to win a place. Not the best starting 11 there in terms of pure ability, but the majority of these players at least do all they can and play for the shirt. Mcgregor was great against Celtic, but has been suspect against most of the other teams we've played. Ross County was one too many mistakes for me.

Cant argue with that team m8, are you playing 2 up top, Morelos behind Roofe, or vice versa.

Is it a straight midfield or diamond?

It is a bit foreign to us relying on wing play mind. But it looks committed.

Out of the starting 11 on Wednesday, I think at least 3 will be bombed out.

Kent, Barasic, Kamara, are IMO certainties. This could easily be doubled.

For distribution and commanding his box I would like Mclaughlin.

I myself am 50/50 on Diallo, and if dropped would not be asking too many questions.

Roofe will make way for Morelos which was always going to be the case.
Roofe and Alfie should both play, Alfie is rarely injured and we can't have roofe as a supersub.

McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Balogun Bassey

Jack Kamara Ramsey

Aribo Morelos Kent

Would be my starting line up. Kamara, Kent and Tav all on notice to buck up. But for me it’s simple.

Play Kamara with guys who will play triangles and pass and move instead of two very attacking midfielders next to him. Then re assess his contribution.

Kent gets on as how can you even begin to play football with Barisic your full back not resembling a footballer and retreating every time he got the ball. Again re asses his contribution with the minor tweak.

Tav plays through a mixture of lack of options and the new guy being straight in the door. Again he is told in no uncertain terms his position is potentially lost if he doesn’t improve fast.

Back