Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

If this had happened at Rangers on anywhere near the scale it has at Celtic I would never enter Ibrox again. Some things are far more important than football.
Likewise, I think many of us would be done with it if the same had transpired at our club at the same level. What happened in the past is one thing, that could be put down to the actions of the owners and officials at the club at the time. But by pushing this ‘separate entity’ nonsense in the present day is beyond the pale. I think that would be the final nail in the coffin for me, painful as it would be to walk away.

Had Lawwell and Desmond dealt with this decently, humanely and properly then they would have received a massive amount of respect from everyone concerned, Rangers fans included. But they never did.

Had it been us, if we had had known and convicted abusers at the club, facilitated it, then denied any affiliation or responsibility, I genuinely think our owners would be under severe constant pressure from the fans to either deal with the issue fairly, or sling their hook. It would be unacceptable.

How that lot can still support that club, many of them parents and grandparents themselves, I don’t know. Not only that, they can’t even bring themselves to mention it.

And that’s the difference between them and us.

Some may have noticed the abuse Spotlight are receiving on social media from certain apologists.
We also know you look in here from time to time.
Let me explain something to the uneducated that do look in. Probably around 80 to 90% of Spotlight posts come from their own clubs official newspaper. They printed it, not us.
It just shows the length that some of these people will go to protect the “good name of the club”
If your club done the right thing many years ago then Spotlight would probably not exist. Their support should be doing the right thing and supporting the brave gentlemen that were proud to wear their colours. Instead they chose to turn their backs. Utterly shameful.

Likewise, I think many of us would be done with it if the same had transpired at our club at the same level. What happened in the past is one thing, that could be put down to the actions of the owners and officials at the club at the time. But by pushing this ‘separate entity’ nonsense in the present day is beyond the pale. I think that would be the final nail in the coffin for me, painful as it would be to walk away.

Had Lawwell and Desmond dealt with this decently, humanely and properly then they would have received a massive amount of respect from everyone concerned, Rangers fans included. But they never did.

Had it been us, if we had had known and convicted abusers at the club, facilitated it, then denied any affiliation or responsibility, I genuinely think our owners would be under severe constant pressure from the fans to either deal with the issue fairly, or sling their hook. It would be unacceptable.

How that lot can still support that club, many of them parents and grandparents themselves, I don’t know. Not only that, they can’t even bring themselves to mention it.

If you can be brought up supporting their religion, and we all know about that, then to them it's not a bit of difference supporting Celtic just the same old same old.

Some may have noticed the abuse Spotlight are receiving on social media from certain apologists.
We also know you look in here from time to time.
Let me explain something to the uneducated that do look in. Probably around 80 to 90% of Spotlight posts come from their own clubs official newspaper. They printed it, not us.
It just shows the length that some of these people will go to protect the “good name of the club”
If your club done the right thing many years ago then Spotlight would probably not exist. Their support should be doing the right thing and supporting the brave gentlemen that were proud to wear their colours. Instead they chose to turn their backs. Utterly shameful.
As you say BN utterly shameful, but sadly not a surprise.

The documentary 'Dark Secret' on Amazon Prime is a harrowing watch.

Uncovering the scandal in Philadelphia. Absolutely heartbreaking and horrifying in equal measure.

The parallels are there for all to see, participation, enabling, denial, obfuscation, victim blaming, blaming those who seek to unveil the truth, rotten to the core.

Uncovering the scandal in Philadelphia. Absolutely heartbreaking and horrifying in equal measure.

The parallels are there for all to see, participation, enabling, denial, obfuscation, victim blaming, blaming those who seek to unveil the truth, rotten to the core.
Parallels obvious to journalists not many in the UK another group of enablers especially the "national" broadcaster with a history of covering up sexual abuse

Is that about RC abuse mate?

Is that about RC abuse mate?

Yes, an hour long documentary about the CSA scandal and cover-up in their Philadelphia Diocese

Amazon Prime programme description:.

The hidden story of one of the worst criminal cover-ups in America's history:

The victims - hundreds of children whose lives were destroyed.
The perpetrators - Catholic clergy protected by their church.

The inside story of what happened when Philadelphia's District Attorney heard that there was a list of 35 priests guilty of child sexual abuse and asked why they weren't brought to justice.

Yes, an hour long documentary about the CSA scandal and cover-up in their Philadelphia Diocese

Amazon Prime programme description:.

The hidden story of one of the worst criminal cover-ups in America's history:

The victims - hundreds of children whose lives were destroyed.
The perpetrators - Catholic clergy protected by their church.

The inside story of what happened when Philadelphia's District Attorney heard that there was a list of 35 priests guilty of child sexual abuse and asked why they weren't brought to justice.
Thanks mate, I’ll check that one out. It amazes me how much that rancid cult can get away with globally yet still 1 be allowed to continue operating and 2 maintain a respected elevated status within much of our society. Brainwashing on a massive scale, it has to be?

Genuine question here cause I see the spotlight posts and check in on this thread from time to time…
Is anything ever going to come from this? There’s some 6 or 7 (lost track) convicted paedophiles that worked at Celtic, umpteen people willing to tell the story, some newspapers have printed stuff.
Are we ever going to see any movement towards justice for the survivors and the not so lucky?

Genuine question here cause I see the spotlight posts and check in on this thread from time to time…
Is anything ever going to come from this? There’s some 6 or 7 (lost track) convicted paedophiles that worked at Celtic, umpteen people willing to tell the story, some newspapers have printed stuff.
Are we ever going to see any movement towards justice for the survivors and the not so lucky?
In short, yes.

Yes, the legal process is long and frustrating but justice will come. Going on what Grigo and BN say there’s a lot more damming evidence in the pipeline which can’t be released at this time for fear of jeopardising ongoing live cases but when these issues are resolved the floodgates will open and the victims and their families will finally get what they have deserved for so long, vindication recognition and justice.

For the doubters and sceptics, put yourself in the position of the victims?
They have endured abuse and molestation at the hands of arguably one of the biggest national institutions.
They have waited a lifetime for justice and truth, for their voices to be heard.
This organisation responsible for the abuse by their actions over decades have added to the pain and suffering .
The footballing authorities aided with government legislation have handled this scandal abissmally.
They are not alone, not worthless, not just a statistic and the world will hear their story.
There is no hiding place for the perpetrators.

Maybe you should look in more often and realise some of the victims read what we post.

If he was an honest or descent person ( cannot call him a man ) he would have admitted he knew all that was going on the Boy's Club BN , how could he ever forget all those horrors of the victims suffering due to the amount of perverts at his club and did nothing about it at the time , but according to him his memory only kicks in with things he wants to remember . Hopefully soon the lying old rat will forget to remember to forget and the victims will hopefully be compensated for all they have gone through because of the likes of him and his kind and good luck to each and every one of them .

If he was an honest or descent person ( cannot call him a man ) he would have admitted he knew all that was going on the Boy's Club BN , how could he ever forget all those horrors of the victims suffering due to the amount of perverts at his club and did nothing about it at the time , but according to him his memory only kicks in with things he wants to remember . Hopefully soon the lying old rat will forget to remember to forget and the victims will hopefully be compensated for all they have gone through because of the likes of him and his kind and good luck to each and every one of them .
We can’t say much on this at the moment. What we can say though is Spotlight have certain documentation in our possession that’s in the correct hands.

A very well organised ring with many enablers and coverups takes time to breakdown.
Definitely moving in the right direction, but unfortunately we can’t control the justice system.

Some of they young men will have stories to tell i feel sorry for everyone of them to have your childhood tarnished by being part of a rancid club with numerous men who were there to pray on them .
What everyone has to remember is most of these young boys only had dreams of playing for the club they supported, not all but most, an opportunity to play football at the highest level, parents and family members would have been so proud, how must the boys have felt going to that horrible place every night/week trying their best not to let any of their relatives down, my heart bleads for every one of them, I pray they all get the justice they deserve.

I think Unionist Scotland is starting to fight back WD.

Maybe 20 years plus too late, but we’ve seen what the alternative approach has done.
I hope your right pal ! I’m not Scottish but
I think Unionist Scotland is starting to fight back WD.

Maybe 20 years plus too late, but we’ve seen what the alternative approach has done.
I hope so mate , I really do ! I’m not Scottish but imo there’s some difference in the attitude to Unionism/ Loyalism in the many years I’ve been going over . And it’s not for the good !

What everyone has to remember is most of these young boys only had dreams of playing for the club they supported, not all but most, an opportunity to play football at the highest level, parents and family members would have been so proud, how must the boys have felt going to that horrible place every night/week trying their best not to let any of their relatives down, my heart bleads for every one of them, I pray they all get the justice they deserve.
There was a female American Bobsleigher, who changed her nationality from Canadian to compete in the recent Winter Olympics. The reason she gave was the mental and physical abuse she received at the hands of the Canadian coaches. She explained that the desire to compete in the Olympics was so great, athletes would put up with anything, including keeping quite about abuse. When she told all, existing athletes backed the coach. The Canadian Slidey people even had an enquiry, which was independently described as “Incomplete”

Obviously, an embittered athlete who couldn’t get a game. Except she won gold for her new country.

A very well organised ring with many enablers and coverups takes time to breakdown.
Definitely moving in the right direction, but unfortunately we can’t control the justice system.

Tomorrow is a big day in this whole terrible episode but I hope all the people who were brave enough to speak out can take some satisfaction that they are being massively supported in their fight for justice and can now feel some sort of confidence that all the hard work is finally getting to court.

You have all come this far so be very proud of what you are achieving.

We are all with you in this.

I hope this week is the start of justice being done and these horrific crimes being brought to the attention of the world. I wish the victims/survivors nothing but success in their fight, and hope they know most decent minded people are behind them and fully support them.

As for that disgusting club, I hope their lies, and the contempt they have shown to victims and survivors, by refusing to acknowledge their responsibility, are suitably punished.

I hope this week is the start of justice being done and these horrific crimes being brought to the attention of the world. I wish the victims/survivors nothing but success in their fight, and hope they know most decent minded people are behind them and fully support them.

As for that disgusting club, I hope their lies, and the contempt they have shown to victims and survivors, by refusing to acknowledge their responsibility, are suitably punished.
The proper punishment would be the victims being properly compensated, the perpetrators serving lengthy jail terms (instead of the slaps on the wrists they've received so far) and Celtic being closed down.

W

We would 'v been closed down by now.WATP.

Back