Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

BN is there any chance CFC will fold and agree to the survivors demands before this is heard in court?

Could they even afford to?

If the total number of victims combined with the figures mentioned recently are what they're looking at, even a surplus of the £28m their press pals have been playing up recently wouldn't cover the payout.

Given what they've done so far, I'd expect them to rail against it until the very last gavel comes down.

Could they even afford to?

If the total number of victims combined with the figures mentioned recently are what they're looking at, even a surplus of the £28m their press pals have been playing up recently wouldn't cover the payout.

Given what they've done so far, I'd expect them to rail against it until the very last gavel comes down.
The financial side is the least of their worries, I was thinking more about their admission of guilt, neglect, cover up and issuing a full apology?

What's this?
A SENIOR lawyer has urged a judge to give permission for sex abuse survivors to a launch a US-style “class action" lawsuit against Celtic FC.
Advocate Ian Mackay QC told Lord Arthurson on Monday that former Celtic Boys Club players should be allowed to sue the Hoops for a multi million pound sum in the Court of Session.
He will make his decision tomorrow.

Quite an incredible situation being put forward by Celtic’s QC here.

The prosecution presents a mountain of evidence showing a definitive link between Celtic and the Boys Club.

The defence submits zero evidence on the grounds it has gone missing.

“We cannae find a bit of paper therefore we are innocent”.

It will be very interesting to see what Lord Arthurson decides

Missing evidence my arse

I hope for the sake of the victims that Lord Arthurson grants them the opportunity for the class action and also ensures everyone’s identity is kept secret

Mental that they feel they can just say "we have evidence to the contrary but we cannae find it, so you will need to collapse the case."

Absolutely shameless football club.
Fittingly, I believe, in American Football, the parlance for this type of action, is a hail Mary.

I can only view this as a positive for the action. I believe the defence have just declared they've got nothing. All those articles over decades of Celtic publications, painstakingly collected by Spotlight, now hang over these kuntz, like the sword of Damocles.

Good luck tomorrow.

FBS

Quite an incredible situation being put forward by Celtic’s QC here.

The prosecution presents a mountain of evidence showing a definitive link between Celtic and the Boys Club.

The defence submits zero evidence on the grounds it has gone missing.

“We cannae find a bit of paper therefore we are innocent”.

Seems incredible.
Then we remember they have always had absolutely no shame.

Even if they did find the bit of paper dating back to the 60’s which says they are separate entities, their actual behaviour over 4 decades demonstrates a clear and practical connection between the two.

In other words, despite what the original constitution might say, the reality is that Celtic were inextricably linked to the boys club and regarded them as their feeder academy. This is abundantly clear from their own club publications and something which Spotlight have highlighted time and time again.

Back