I’m really starting to dislike the board and senior management

They saved the club sure but they seem so out of touch with the fan base

Park and the directors
Bisgrove
Wilson
Robertson

The issues are mounting up from the transfer window failures, the refusal to accept safe standing and a decent compromise on the old firm allocation to the farce of this friendly today . That’s before you get to the clubs general PR stance and refusal to properly call out officials .

There are either out of their depth or think they know better .
Out of touch with the fan base?

They brought in the manager the majority of the fan base wanted over several better options cause the fan base were quite vocal about who they wanted.

Whats the issue with keeping the beasts out of our stadium? It's not like there would be parity of seating at the piggery. Fuckem!

Also, safe standing isn't something the majority of the fan base want.

Going by your post, it would appear that the board are out of touch with you, but in fact your opinions are very much out of touch with the majority of the fan base.

They brought in the manager the majority of the fan base wanted over several better options cause the fan base were quite vocal about who they wanted.

Whats the issue with keeping the beasts out of our stadium? It's not like there would be parity of seating at the piggery. Fuckem!

Also, safe standing isn't something the majority of the fan base want.

Going by your post, it would appear that the board are out of touch with you, but in fact your opinions are very much out of touch with the majority of the fan base.
Your second and third paragraph are rather amusing

You’re happy to keep the current allocations despite the club having never consulted with ST holders. And no, an online survey anyone could fill in isn’t a consultation.

Also, you have no idea whether the majority of fans want safe standing or not. IIRC they done a survey several years ago and have kicked the can down the road ever since to the extent it’s now just been shelved.

Last season aside, they’ve presided over consistent failure on the pitch; abysmal playing staff recruitment; generally low-quality supporter engagement and ineptitude when facing down our enemies. They come across as an incompetent plutocratic gang and I have no more confidence in them.
"taking out the success, they've presided over consistent failure on the pitch"

3 points in the league and just put Dortmund out the Europa. Considering the the amount of money we have actually spent the transfers have been brilliant. We need like 4/5 years of consistently winning trophies and being competitive in Europe, order was restored last year for the first time in nearly a decade. If we lose the league this year it puts us behind by another year automatically.

Your second and third paragraph are rather amusing

You’re happy to keep the current allocations despite the club having never consulted with ST holders. And no, an online survey anyone could fill in isn’t a consultation.

Also, you have no idea whether the majority of fans want safe standing or not. IIRC they done a survey several years ago and have kicked the can down the road ever since to the extent it’s now just been shelved.
When the beasts allocation was cut, the vast majority of people both on here, and that spoke about it either at Ibrox or in the pubs were quite delighted about it.

Let's ask the ST holders in the broomloan if they want to give up their seats to that lot so some of ours can give the beasts money for tickets, shall we?

Park and the directors
Bisgrove
Wilson
Robertson

The issues are mounting up from the transfer window failures, the refusal to accept safe standing and a decent compromise on the old firm allocation to the farce of this friendly today . That’s before you get to the clubs general PR stance and refusal to properly call out officials .

Legitimate scrutiny on many of those you mention for different reasons...you failed to list a single one that's even close to important right now, though.

Not every ST holder was asked their views on the allocations.

The club went with a survey that anyone could fill in
Totally agree here.
I was never asked, neither was my brother or two buddies.
Ironically, on the two main discussion points on this thread, the board would have received four votes for “No” to safe standing and “minimum tickets, corner only”.
I don’t think the club can be ran by a democracy mind you.

The biggest issue I have with the board is the complete lack of communication with the fans.

It took them ages to comment on the Gerrard situation earlier this season, they apparently raise concerns with the SFA over refereeing, but don’t tell us, and they’ve left the rumour that we’re playing an old firm friendly in Australia sitting out there all day without addressing it.

If only Club 1872 (for example) had its act together and hadn’t completely burnt its bridges with the board, then it might be able to put some pressure on the club to actually engage with us/ update us on key things within a reasonable timeframe.

I get so frustrated with the younger fan base. When we won 9iar we got beat with team like Accies , Motherwell etc. We moaned about it for an hour after the game and then onto the next one. Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd would also get beat by the same teams. We didn’t want Souness and Smith sacked. We didn’t want McCoist or Andy Goram sold.
It's not unique to the younger fans, NL.

I hear the same sort of shite out of my old man, who was going to Ibrox in the 60s. It's like Souness/Smith/Advocaat totally ruined people's expectations re expenditure and any sort of dropped points whatsoever. The same people are usually the first to accuse the team of complacency too.

Park and the directors
Bisgrove
Wilson
Robertson

Good for you.

Pathetic, ungrateful and petulant OP. Maybe one of the reasons the board seems distant from the fans is a chunk of our fans are spoilt brats who think we have a divine right to win everything.
This board delivered 55, we just had one of our greatest European results, we are still well in this title race despite losing our manager mid season and managing a European run.
I am grateful to this board and trust this board to do everything they can to advance the best interests of Rangers.

Failure to win the title this season would put the club at a serious disadvantage for years. With proper leadership it wouldn’t be a likely prospect at all.

A lot of the club’s problems could have been addressed with a powerful CEO but for some reason the board has refused to appoint one.

Failure to win the title this season would put the club at a serious disadvantage for years. With proper leadership it wouldn’t be a likely prospect at all.

A lot of the club’s problems could have been addressed with a powerful CEO but for some reason the board has refused to appoint one.
Failure to win this year lies at one door. The orifices of the Refere‘S.

The inability some people have to stomach a few domestic draws is truly of the scale. Think I’ll stay away from FF for a bit and read the other side of the bi-polar coin when we win something.

Yet that would deny thousands of our own fans seeing the home games to provide Celtic with a sporting advantage we don’t get to enjoy away in the corner at their dump.
Absolute bullshit myth.

Where did the fans in the Broomloan go when Dortmund took their seats?

It’s simple maths, the ground holds 50k. The more tickets you give to those scum, the less you give to our support.

Not sure what the myth is there?
That we’d be kicking bears in the broomy out of the stadium. Dortmund got 2.5k last week which is what people in the main want the mentally challengeds to get.

Were season ticket holding bears kicked out of the stadium last week?

At least Murray was up front that he didn’t give a %^*& what we wanted.

All the “transparency” talk when they took over evaporated as soon as Fat Mike pulled their pants down repeatedly and has been missing since. Other than when the Cinch deal was costing one of them some money.

They don’t care about us, they don’t care when we are vilified, they don’t care that we are being fucked about by referees.

Yes!
This is the reality at the moment!
We could have been 6-0 up by HT against Well but not to be on the day!
Goal difference may well bite us in the end!
10 titles in history across all divisions of professional world football have been decided on goal difference, yet every single year people are keen to dish out an extra point in their mind based on it.

Nobody's seemed to mention the fact we've only got around to building our 'Champions Wall' when we've surrendered a 6 point lead to fall 3 points behind.

That we’d be kicking bears in the broomy out of the stadium. Dortmund got 2.5k last week which is what people in the main want the mentally challengeds to get.

False equivalence.

European games aren't on the season ticket- unless you're advocating that OF games become non-ST games and every seat is up for general sale just like a European night but I doubt you'll get a groundswell of support for that either.

Who gives a shit, why would we prioritize them over our own?

At least Murray was up front that he didn’t give a %^*& what we wanted.

All the “transparency” talk when they took over evaporated as soon as Fat Mike pulled their pants down repeatedly and has been missing since. Other than when the Cinch deal was costing one of them some money.

They don’t care about us, they don’t care when we are vilified, they don’t care that we are being fucked about by referees.
This is what is wrong with a significant section of our support in one post.

Current board have invested about £100m. With no real expectation of seeing that back ever. That isn’t an insignificant sum of money. Their own money they had to work to earn.

Douglas Park is one very decent bloke who this club should be very grateful towards. He has transitioned us to some normality. Who do you think is waiting in the wings to come in and throw unlimited money at us?

We have to live within our means. I never want the last decade repeated. Yet some on here want us to spend money we don’t have chasing champions league revenue. Think we tried that before.

To slag of this board as not having the clubs best interests at heart is utterly risible. All the noise about referees. What exactly do you want them to do and what result do you expect that to generate?

I can understand some frustration but FFS we have posters coming on here throwing the towel in when everything is to play for. I am critical of the manager and the team for Sunday no where near good enough. But it is down to them. Not the board not Ross Wilson. These childish temper tantrum’s help no one.

Some need to stop think and have a reality check.

Current board have invested about £100m. With no real expectation of seeing that back ever. That isn’t an insignificant sum of money. Their own money they had to work to earn.

Douglas Park is one very decent bloke who this club should be very grateful towards. He has transitioned us to some normality. Who do you think is waiting in the wings to come in and throw unlimited money at us?

We have to live within our means. I never want the last decade repeated. Yet some on here want us to spend money we don’t have chasing champions league revenue. Think we tried that before.

To slag of this board as not having the clubs best interests at heart is utterly risible. All the noise about referees. What exactly do you want them to do and what result do you expect that to generate?

I can understand some frustration but FFS we have posters coming on here throwing the towel in when everything is to play for. I am critical of the manager and the team for Sunday no where near good enough. But it is down to them. Not the board not Ross Wilson. These childish temper tantrum’s help no one.

So firstly, The fans are well within their rights to criticise anyone at the club. We too put our money in that we work to earn. We were told when they took over they'd be open and transparent with us, do you think they have been?
No one is above reproach, if you want to give them a lifetime pass feel free, but I certainly won't be.

I've not mentioned money spent on here, however SR was advising we were on course to be in the black at the end of the season before we netted the money for Gerrard and his staff as well as the sale of Patterson. We've again seen another dismal transfer window which may well cost us a £30m income. But thats another issue.

Who said they don't have the clubs best interest at heart? I said they don't give a %^*& about the fans, about what we think as long as we are paying our money. So if you want to argue that point feel free, but don't make things up.

Park may well be the greatest chap ever to walk on God's earth. That's great for him. Not sure how relevant it is to the utter distain shown towards the fans by the club though.

On the point about referees, how about they take a leaf out of Celtics book and actually go after them publicly at AGM's and in the press, not done them any harm has it?

On Wilson and the board, they are absolutely culpable in the shambles we are watching unfold. They appoint a manager on the cheap, they bring in players on the cheap leaving their manager high and dry. Yet they aren't even partially to blame? You accuse some fans of tantrums, you're spouting nonsense to defend people who deserve criticism as well.

The've put in £100m in shares/loans

We won the league last year.

We are four points behind Timmy this season with two Old Firm games to play.

Safe standing I will grant you is on the back burner.

I don't want Timmy to darken our doorsteps ever again.

It's all about opinions. :)
3 points

Regarding safe standing, apparently a lot of seats are damaged in the UB area as a way of protesting against the board not installing safe standing. During Ibrox tour, a Union Bear fanny was arguing with the tour guide, trying to justify the damage. The tour guide was polite, saying she didn't agree with damaging our own stadium.

Stewart Robertson - We knew Pedro was our man after just half an hour...​

Case closed.

Have to agree

When the beasts allocation was cut, the vast majority of people both on here, and that spoke about it either at Ibrox or in the pubs were quite delighted about it.

Let's ask the ST holders in the broomloan if they want to give up their seats to that lot so some of ours can give the beasts money for tickets, shall we?
How can you claim the vast majority of people in pubs or at Ibrox were happy about it?

That’s your view. Because almost everyone on two RSC’s I use regularly, folk I speak to the in the pub and those around me at Ibrox, and my mates, are 99% against the new allocations.

Those in the Broomloan knew they had to move for that lot. It was always the case.

I don’t want a return to 8,000. I want an increase similar to what Dortmund received.

Last season aside, they’ve presided over consistent failure on the pitch; abysmal playing staff recruitment; generally low-quality supporter engagement and ineptitude when facing down our enemies. They come across as an incompetent plutocratic gang and I have no more confidence in them.
Constant failure on the pitch? we are league champions, our manager left mid season and were swift to appoint a new one( a fans favourite on here),
The failings of certain players to perform is not the boards fault.

You are bang on the money mate! Many on here want the majority of the board gone the millions they invested matters not a whit to them. Yes we the support have invested our hard earned cash and we have the right to ask questions but some of the stuff being hurled at the board is disgusting. I hurt like hell for days after a bad result but throwing the toys out of the pram and acting like spoiled brats is not the way to go. Cash flow is Rangers biggest problem we just don’t have it to buy the top grade players we would all love to see at Ibrox. Ross Wilson’s job is not an easy one scrambling about in the bargain basement a thankless task. Yes the board are far from perfect but I for one are very thankful to them and we should be careful of what we wish for. I doubt there is any rich Arab about to pump millions into our club and make life so much easier for us and everyone trying to run the club on a solid financial footing.

They brought in the manager the majority of the fan base wanted over several better options cause the fan base were quite vocal about who they wanted. - If this is the case, then they arent doing their job properly. If Gio was a PR choice then thats all kinds of wrong. FWIW, I dont think it was.

Whats the issue with keeping the beasts out of our stadium? It's not like there would be parity of seating at the piggery. Fuckem! - Agreed

Also, safe standing isn't something the majority of the fan base want. If its not what fans want, why do 2/3+ of the Broomloan front watch most of the games on their feet?

I support the board, I think overall they have done a decent job. Obviously, wrestling control was a fantastic piece of work. Some comments to your comments above

Join the pretty large club.

The disdain they have for the fanbase is off the scale.

If the friendly for Ange’s homecoming party happens then it’ll be the tip of the iceberg for me
Might be wrong, but f*** Ange, think we have more fans in that part of the world than they do, many of who would love to see The Rangers play live.

Wouldn't personally be against our fans having this opportunity.

Imagine going there champions

I'm as frustrated with our recent transfer windows as anyone else

I'm convinced even one more - well established - first choice addition to our starting eleven would have made an enormous difference to our current position

But we can't tell what has happened on this issue
Wattie used to say he could target any number of players - but only a small percentage would actually come
& he'd often have an unbalanced team as a result
(Albertz played out of position for the first few months for example )

For all we know - we could have narrowly missed out on someone at the last minute & we may even have laid the foundation to get them later ?

Our recent transfer dealings have been conducted under the media radar & I'm grateful of that - but that's another reason we may not know anything about what's gone on or what's been unsuccessfully attempted

So although I have reservations concerning the board & their plans - I'm reluctant to judge them on transfer dealings just for the moment

EDIT

Apologies - posted this on the wrong thread

Last edited:
Might be wrong, but f*** Ange, think we have more fans in that part of the world than they do, many of who would love to see The Rangers play live.

Wouldn't personally be against our fans having this opportunity.

Imagine going there champions
I’ve seen many Australian bears against it.

John Bennett - the man on the board I enjoy listening to the most. A sensible man. Proper Rangers fan by all accounts. He gets it.

How can he be part of a board that signs off on this absolute nonsense? Surely he knows WHY this should've been a non-starter and kicked into touch? Surely John's standing within the club is such, that if he's against something, that something does not go ahead?

Now I'm not singling JB out as this being his fault, but he's the one man on the board I would have thought could, and would, kill this idea stone dead at source.

Even though nothing has been officially confirmed by the club, it's obvious the thing has been agreed and signed off on, and the delay in announcing is due to the backlash they know that's coming.

My personal feeling is, it's in an absolute kick in the nuts to all Rangers supporters and if whoever is responsible for sanctioning the 'tour' and signing off on such madness, doesn't get WHY there's such a backlash, then they'll never get it!

Don't let the f***ing door hit you on the way out!

So firstly, The fans are well within their rights to criticise anyone at the club. We too put our money in that we work to earn. We were told when they took over they'd be open and transparent with us, do you think they have been?
No one is above reproach, if you want to give them a lifetime pass feel free, but I certainly won't be.

I've not mentioned money spent on here, however SR was advising we were on course to be in the black at the end of the season before we netted the money for Gerrard and his staff as well as the sale of Patterson. We've again seen another dismal transfer window which may well cost us a £30m income. But thats another issue.

Who said they don't have the clubs best interest at heart? I said they don't give a %^*& about the fans, about what we think as long as we are paying our money. So if you want to argue that point feel free, but don't make things up.

Park may well be the greatest chap ever to walk on God's earth. That's great for him. Not sure how relevant it is to the utter distain shown towards the fans by the club though.

On the point about referees, how about they take a leaf out of Celtics book and actually go after them publicly at AGM's and in the press, not done them any harm has it?

On Wilson and the board, they are absolutely culpable in the shambles we are watching unfold. They appoint a manager on the cheap, they bring in players on the cheap leaving their manager high and dry. Yet they aren't even partially to blame? You accuse some fans of tantrums, you're spouting nonsense to defend people who deserve criticism as well.
Another rant big on rhetoric and short on everything else.

Agree that no one is above criticism and no one ever should be. Had we been more critical in years gone by the last decade may have been different.

You mention the lack of transparency with the fans. What issues exactly would you like more transparency on?

You say we had another dismal transfer window. On here on 1st of February overwhelming majority of fans thought we had a good window.

If the board don’t give a fu(k about the fans then they can’t have the best interests of the club at heart. The club doesn’t exist without the fans and the board know that. Be good to understand exactly what you think they should be doing for fans they aren’t? Also what you think they are investing in that they shouldn’t be doing?

Not sure what point you are making on Douglas Park. He has put his money where his mouth is. His own money. Lots of it. Deserves some recognition and respect for helping us back to some kind of normality. That is a real contribution we would be scuppered without. Who do you think would do as much or more that is bursting to invest? You are short of detail or indeed any ideas at all here.

On manager appointment you seem to think we could have done better? Every manager appointment is a risk. Gio has had some mixed results but came in at a difficult time. I thought Ross Wilson handled the manager transition very well. Gio maybe needs time. If we had judged Gerrard in first half a season we would have won nothing.

Shambles unfold? We are 4 points behind with two old firm games to play. You have thrown the towel in already. Thankfully you aren’t president of Ukraine.

On referees you want our board and directors to publicly slaughter referees. You are really short on what you think that will achieve. You want us to behave as they do and pile pressure on the refs? You want us to be more like them? You fail to recognise the completely different media coverage we get compared to them and how any public criticism of referees would be handled in the media. We would be slaughtered and would be more likely to make things worse. You think we aren’t bringing this up behind the scenes?

Your post is a wee temper tantrum, a rant that doesn’t think through the consequences of rash actions. Frustration is fine but think through what you post after a bit of time.

Thankfully those in charge have given things a bit more thought.

Constant failure on the pitch? we are league champions, our manager left mid season and were swift to appoint a new one( a fans favourite on here),
The failings of certain players to perform is not the boards fault.
We are in the last 16 of the Europa league. Just beat the tournament favourites.

Back