The biggest turning point of season for you so far

SPFL capitulating to the scum and allowing winter break to be moved, scrapping work permit rules and introducing 5 subs midway through the season.
All of which benefited one team that was out on their arse

The 13th of November & the 18th of November. A manager who would’ve won this league left and we appointed a manager who’s style was completely different to our previous one and hadn’t been very good since 16/17. Ross Wilson, meant to be employed to ensure continuity between managers…
There’s no way we were winning the league with Gerrard in charge we we’re going through the motions playing crap scraping by .

Bringing the winter break forward.

For the 3rd year in 4 it looks to have turned our season upside down.

Our form has been diabolical since the return from the break.

SPFL capitulating to the scum and allowing winter break to be moved, scrapping work permit rules and introducing 5 subs midway through the season.
All of which benefited one team that was out on their arse
It’s actually mental when you read it laid out like that. We have a governance that can never agree on anything, probably be years before VAR, yet 3 decisions all made rapidly in the middle of the season to benefit a club.

They're all bad, but I had every faith in turning it around right up until Motherwell slammed in the goal to make it 2-2. It was totally emblematic of our self-destructive streak this season, when we had a real chance to claw things back, and must have been a complete shot in the arm to a scum team that might otherwise have gotten very nervy

For me the 4 points shipped to Ross C and Motherwell were so avoidable. I think these will come back to haunt us.
We can always draw at Aberdeen and actually played well at Tannadice and should have won.
To be ahead in both those games - one in injury time and another 2 up at home - would have meant we were 1 ahead and all the pressure on them.
We just need to get to the old firm game - win it - and then see what happens after the split.

Winter break.

The abject negligence between the board, management and players not speaking out about the lack of integrity involved gerrymandering the fixtures and questioning why it should be voted on in the first place especially the way it worked out where it was us and a couple of other clubs who lost out in revenue for the boxing day fixtures. Killed our momentum & let them have a break to get players recuperated & transfers in as they were on their knees at the time.

On the field Gio having 3 weeks to 'work with the squad' after such a great start points wise. Either not getting his ideas across or not able to change his tactical system to suit for the SPL. So many performances have been awful since this point.

But the season's not over yet, hoping for another turning point.

Don’t think there was one definitive point, throwing two in the net basically against Ross County, not beating Utd with about 85% possession and 30 shots, then throwing a 2-0 against Motherwell at home. Any of those games alone we could take and still be top of the league, but all 3 of them in a short space was just massively shooting our selves in the foot. Win those 3 like we easily should’ve and we are 3 ahead today.

16/17 November when at the Celtic AGM put pressure on the referees .
The amount of decisions that have for them and against us is title winning for them .

Them scoring in the 97th minute was huge.
Ww have shipped around half of our points after Europe.
3 draws and one defeat.
But we absolutely need Europe for finances and prestige.

Their equaliser so late at Ross County sticks out but since our return from the winter break you could honestly take your pic of 4 or 5 big moments that have cost us big time.

Motherwell last week. What little belief I had left that we weren't total bottle merchants went when they equalised.
When the full time whistle blew last Sunday, it killed 99.99% of my belief that we were going to win the league.

The remaining 0.01% belief I'm clinging onto now, is taking every game at a time and treating each like a cup final. I'm ticking them off as we go along with each win, until if/when the tick becomes a X. We need 8 more ticks in my honest opinion.

aberdeen away started well got an early goal, then decided to sit in and protect the zero when they should have put that game to bed, looks as if a win and draw against them will not be enough they ,dont seem interested in trying to reduce the goal difference which is basicaly another point

I agree with you. I think there are moments that are more pivotal than others. I'm siding with the winter break to be honest. That was out and out manipulation of the league schedule
I blame the Scottish government more than anyone for that. If they hadn’t thrown the baby out with the bathwater and basically cancelled the whole Scottish festive season in a virtuous panic there would have been no scope to start the break early.

Smaller clubs didn’t want to lose money which they would have done as they rely more on turn up and pay than we do.

If the stadiums had remained open it wouldn’t have been an option.

The night we won at Ibrox and they got a 98th min winner on Dingwall?

The shirt pull on Sakala away at Tannadice?

The winter break shamble?

Dropping points from 2-0 up at home to Motherwell?

There's plenty more to chose from in a crazy up and down season which still has a lot of football to be played.

What's been the biggest moment for you so far?
Its close between the following...

getting lethered off them at the piggery. There was something psychological about that. For them to overturn a 6 point trail to top in the space of a few weeks.

throwing away the 2-0 lead at motherwell and a chance to cut the points lead down on the mentally challengeds.

Conceeding a last minute goal against Ross County, a few hours before they scored an injury time winner against Dundee Utd, then getting embarrassed by them at parkhead all in the space of 5 days was the turning point.

We have stuttered our way through the full season, I'm not entirely sure it's all on Gio for blowing a 6 point lead either, recruitment has been poor to say the least past few transfer windows.

Motherwell game for me. I still had great belief we would pull them back, but losing a 2 goal lead at home against a poor team was criminal.

Last edited:
Us drawing in Dingwall while they beat Dundee Utd in the last minute demonstrated how the league was going

Ross county away, hearts at home and motherwell at home are points we should have had in the bag. Can't gift that many points from winning positions

League Cup semi. We would have gone on to beat cektic. That gave them belief. This team lacks belief and it's evident in just about every domestic game.

The movement of the Winter Break. We were flying. They were struggling. They regrouped and we lost our intensity.

I'm going to predict that Roofes goal yesterday, will be remembered as the goal that turned the race back in our favour though.

They're all bad, but I had every faith in turning it around right up until Motherwell slammed in the goal to make it 2-2. It was totally emblematic of our self-destructive streak this season, when we had a real chance to claw things back, and must have been a complete shot in the arm to a scum team that might otherwise have gotten very nervy
This. That was the moment i knew it wasnt going to be our season

The movement of the Winter Break. We were flying. They were struggling. They regrouped and we lost our intensity.

I'm going to predict that Roofes goal yesterday, will be remembered as the goal that turned the race back in our favour though.
Hope so, our next 2 domestic games being Dundee away gives us a great opportunity to really set the tone

Motherwell game for me. I still had great belief we would pull them back, but losing a 2 goal lead at home again a poor team was criminal.
I agree with you there but Morelos goal was onside that’s 3-1 that game would have more than like be won ,it really should have been won in the first half .

Since Bankier and their AGM they've went from a team you'd comfortably expect to drop points every other week to winning every game in dodgy circumstances.

Before they had picked up 26 points out of 39.

Since then they have picked up 47 out of 51.

We've been poor domestically no doubt about it, but again they have played their game off the field and it is paying off.

The night we won at Ibrox and they got a 98th min winner on Dingwall?

The shirt pull on Sakala away at Tannadice?

The winter break shamble?

Dropping points from 2-0 up at home to Motherwell?

There's plenty more to chose from in a crazy up and down season which still has a lot of football to be played.

What's been the biggest moment for you so far?
The closing of the transfer window

Lots of up and downs this season.

The last minute equaliser for Hearts back in October still haunts me. Something just felt different from The CL Qualifiers to that game.

January window probably the biggest turning point for me a few of million spent on two decent players and we'd have walked the league. Now we could end up missing out on five times that amount and hand them a massive windfall.

Still can't get my head around why the board would take in £16m in unforseen revenue plus a chance to get another £30m in a few months later and spend Absolutely nothing improving the first 11. Yahoo's spotted they had problems and addressed them in January we didn't.

It wasn't like we had to spend huge money either a decent right winger, CB and maybe a striker on loan would have seen us over the line.
Blows the mind

Malmo second half showed that this group of players have it in them to collectively go awol without warning. We saw it last season in the two cups and followed Malmo up with the Hibs semi final first half, Piggery first half and second half last week. Each of these halves were calamitous enough to cost us dearly and I havent a clue how you solve this Russian roulette DNA our players seem to have. At this time I'm more confident of us beating Red Star than Dundee away which is bonkers.

Nobody will beat either of us as I have said before it will come down to the remaining old firm games & at the moments form both home teams will win , the winter break being brought forward only benefited one team & them having 3 games out of 4 at home after the break & us having 3 away especially at the sheep on the first game back , once again we have been out foxed by them but not a mention from anyone at Rangers the biggest club in the country & we don't really have a board that fights our corner we should be voicing our complaints & in public like the filth do to put pressure on the people that run the game & refs look even today there first 2 goals 1st one never a corner & the 2nd a hand ball in the middle of the park in the build up . This dignified silence doesn't work look at the difference between them & us the establishment is terrified to say or do anything to them but us in the other hand for example how many times have the compliance officer done them compared to us is like 20/2 simple things like that should have been challenged years ago ,

Back