The biggest turning point of season for you so far

The Ross County weekend. Two late goals that changed momentum. It meant they would go top for the first time in months (first time this season?) with a win at Parkhead.

Also, winning the League Cup is a big indicator.

For me, the equaliser at Dingwall followed by the 3-0. Inability to see it out in a tough game away from home, and then the sort of capitulation we just never saw under Gerrard.

Bassey air kicked one clearance. You cannot blame the manager for individual mistakes. These players had downed tools under Gerrard. Not for the first time either.
McGregor just had to make two simple catches and he never. The reason our defence is a nervous mess is because they know he's behind them. I don't want to derail the thread either. The manager keeps picking him.

There are times when the opposition scores a good goal and you can accept it but some of the vital ones we have lost this season have been horrific defending and needless mistakes

Walter Smith passing
Gerrard leaving mid season
Fans back in the stadium
Winter break brought forward
150th anniversary
Officials
Europa run
Fatigue
Morelos pointless trip to Colombia
Allan Mcgregor
Poor recruitment

Anyone blaming the moving of the winter break as the turning point is choosing to ignore our numerous failings.

In terms of pure momentum swing, the 3-3 at Dingwall and then them scoring in the last minute with 10 men to beat Dundee United at home was a massive kick in the stones.

Two massive turning pts for me, one pre season and thd other mid season, the two transfer. Dreadful, disappointing..... whatever way we look at it these windows once again saw us fail to invest from a point of strength.

Malmo

Summer window failings

January window failings

Gerrard leaving

Van Bronckhorst being appointed

Celtic mauling us and our team being reminiscent of Warburton and Pedro against them.

take your pick really

Nobody was complaining at the time when we got GvB, and he started like a house on fire.

We were always going to go for somebody out of work and on the face of it he was the best available.

His style doesn't differ much from Gerrard but it would seem his presence and motivational levels do.
His style is vastly different from Gerrards for me. There’s a reason the Feyenoord fans went on about “the horseshoe”
You see it in our games.
Tav to Goldson, Goldson to Bassey, Bassey to Barisic then reverse.
It’s slow to the point of tedious.

Last season we were methodical, patient and tried to lure teams out then hurt them. This season though, for whatever reason, we are miles off what we were

There’s been so many poor, sloppy performances to choose from.

Biggest and most obvious one being the day we played Ross Co away and lost that last minute goal, then they scored in last minute in their game.

Pivotal moment so far was Ross Co 3-3.
Had we won we would have went to Parkhead knowing even defeated we'd still be top.
The Ross Co game was one we had to win, and indeed should have.
Any team can lose an Old Firm game, even our best have sometimes come unstuck.
Instead we allowed them to take the lead position on the night.

The winter break is the definition of a turning point. We were flying, they were stumbling and the games got stopped early which meant we were sent to Pittodrie straight back in out the cold and also had to go to the piggery without our only real striker and talisman.

A carve up.
Exactly this.

The winter break is the definition of a turning point. We were flying, they were stumbling and the games got stopped early which meant we were sent to Pittodrie straight back in out the cold and also had to go to the piggery without our only real striker and talisman.

A carve up.
100% has to be this

We’d have beaten them in the OF game, been miles clear and the confidence gain for us and knock for them would have been huge

Collapse to Motherwell and Late goal against Ross County, we would be sitting top today.

4 points to a shit sheep team, 5 points to Dundee utd, 4 points to Motherwell, 2 late points to hearts, 2 late points to Ross County. Take your pick, we have split points 50/50 playing them so thats counted for nothing at the moment. Add in all the games we have fought back from going behind. It's been a shit season from us.

If there's one day it's the day we conceded a 97th minute equaliser to Ross County whilst they got a 90th minute winner v Dundee Utd later that day.

In a tight title race such as ours, that swing of essentially 4 points was massive.

We've mostly got ourselves to blame for the situation we're in, but all is not lost yet.

Pivotal moment so far was Ross Co 3-3.
Had we won we would have went to Parkhead knowing even defeated we'd still be top.
The Ross Co game was one we had to win, and indeed should have.
Any team can lose an Old Firm game, even our best have sometimes come unstuck.
Instead we allowed them to take the lead position on the night.
Difficult to argue with the above.

How many times do you see that tactic used in tennis, players getting beat fakes an injury to get a time out and the other player loses the momentum.
We really are soft as shite letting they cunts get away with calling that break early.

Agreed completely. We're a little bit too 'nice'. I think it's why we all loved that Lundstrum yellow versus Dortmund. Does our niceness come from the top and filter down?

Though in tennis, faking an injury is only second to taking a ten minute long toilet break in preference for changing momentum. Injury breaks are timed. Pooping breaks are not.

The night we won at Ibrox and they got a 98th min winner on Dingwall?

The shirt pull on Sakala away at Tannadice?

The winter break shamble?

Dropping points from 2-0 up at home to Motherwell?

There's plenty more to chose from in a crazy up and down season which still has a lot of football to be played.

What's been the biggest moment for you so far?

Blowing a 2 goal lead vs Motherwell felt massive to me.

There's plenty more to chose from in a crazy up and down season which still has a lot of football to be played.

The second half v Mwell to drop 2 points. A 3 point lead plus GD makes them favourites.

We won't know for sure until the end of the season but losing a 2 goal lead v Motherwell last week and having a chance to close the gap could be a massive

Malmo, as it might have kept the manager in position, and better players brought in.
Recently, the Celtic game at the bheastdome was just a disgusting display, in a key game. Certainly knocked belief out of me. I was one of them sniggering at Postecoglou, and thinking their rebuild meant we'd certainly do this league. To watch a ritual humiliation in front of those vermin was heartbreaking.

For me, Ryan Jack not being fit to start the season. Had he been available from the start we would not have dropped so many points.

So much of the excitement and enthusiasm that was present at the start of the season had evaporated away after the Malmo tie.

In truth, whilst people point to the collapse in the second leg we were abysmal in the first game against them as well and very lucky to still be in the tie.

Ross County and Motherwell......one saw us potentially lose our advantage the next saw us lose a 2-0 lead at home when they had slipped up.

Of course you can go back to Malmo and maybe what that meant financially but I think the league is our bread and butter and we've squandered a real chance. Don't care who is to blame but for my money we've given them an advantage with some horrendous results.

When the summer transfer window closed and we hadn’t significantly improved our starting eleven.

Had far too many of these kind of moments over the season. If I had to pick it would probably be the 3-3 in Dingwall. Although last week v Motherwell felt more of a kick in the baws

Back