The biggest turning point of season for you so far

The winter break is the definition of a turning point. We were flying, they were stumbling and the games got stopped early which meant we were sent to Pittodrie straight back in out the cold and also had to go to the piggery without our only real striker and talisman.

A carve up.
This

The night we won at Ibrox and they got a 98th min winner on Dingwall?

The shirt pull on Sakala away at Tannadice?

The winter break shamble?

Dropping points from 2-0 up at home to Motherwell?

There's plenty more to chose from in a crazy up and down season which still has a lot of football to be played.

What's been the biggest moment for you so far?
Ross County for me as a big cheer went up seconds before it where for some reason people thought it had finished a draw. Ten seconds later I heard the scum had scored.

There's plenty more to chose from in a crazy up and down season which still has a lot of football to be played.

1. Government reduced fans position and self interest going against common sense.
2. Aribo going to ACON Not the same player upon return
3. January window. All they needed was a bigger squad. We (so far anyway) never strengthened.
4. Ironically Dortmund results were costly for the league as we dropped 4 points in games afterwards

Ross County for me as a big cheer went up seconds before it where for some reason people thought it had finished a draw. Ten seconds later I heard the scum had scored.

I had stayed to the final whistle of our game, fought my way down from the Club Deck folk were walking along cheering they had drawn. I checked Bet365 on my phone at the roundabout at KFC they had just got their corner they must’ve scored ten minutes after our game finished.

Gerrard leaving
This. SG had got us back on track after a patchy start to the seaason. We had thrashed Motherwell on thir own midden and put 4 past Ross County at home. Then he goes and leaves along with his entire managerial team. Hibs go 3 up in the LC semi and the rot sets in.

The Malmo game at Ibrox.
At the end of the game I got the feeling that there was just something not right going on in the background.

The league winning team from the season before needed to be re invigorated. A few changes here and there may have done that but that never happened. Instead we just kept plodding away and hoping for the best.

I hope the biggest turning point is yet to come. Three points in it with nine games to go, two against them. The mood has understandably been affected by the points swing and our current poor form, but we're still in it. It's hard to see where it's coming from at the minute, but we have to believe there are some twists and turns to come, otherwise what's the point?

Hearts draw at Ibrox
Motherwell 2 draws at Ibrox
Ross County draw away

It really has been a shitey season

The winter break is the definition of a turning point. We were flying, they were stumbling and the games got stopped early which meant we were sent to Pittodrie straight back in out the cold and also had to go to the piggery without our only real striker and talisman.

A carve up.
This is it for me. A brazen attempt at cheating, backed by the game’s authorities. The 3 Japanese signings were reported in November and you tell they were desperate to get to January for reinforcements.

3-3 at Ross County. Opened the door for that lot to go top in the Old Firm.

The 96th/97th minutes in Dingwall has cost us!

The weekend where we lost two points at Dingwall in injury time and they won three points in injury time against Dundee United.

The Winter break. Reverted to post break form.
Games where we played the opposition off the park and drew hasn't helped.

100% the winter break carve up. We had all the momentum, they knew it and had a number of injuries and no doubt used their influence to get a vote.

It blows my brain why 10 teams voted to postpone the games.

Three school boy mistakes against Ross County and dropping a two goal lead against Motherwell at home for me will be why we don’t win the league.

You can accept the odd mistake in games every once in a blue moon or falling asleep and conceding but to do so more than once in a game we needed to win is criminal.

It’s even worse as each game we should’ve absolutely buried those teams.

I had stayed to the final whistle of our game, fought my way down from the Club Deck folk were walking along cheering they had drawn. I checked Bet365 on my phone at the roundabout at KFC they had just got their corner they must’ve scored ten minutes after our game finished.
It was. I had also just got to KFC when they scored.

GVB being appointed.
Yup never been convinced.
Anyone checking his histrory at Feyerord and in China should have had alarm bells ringing.
For any Rangers manager to inherit a championship winning team 4 points clear from a poor Celtic team and be in the position we are now in the league is frankly unacceptable.
If the worse comes to pass and the beggars win the league (praying it does not happen) huge decision for the board to should back Gio and allow him to bring in his own players or bring in new manager
Personally speaking failure to win the league should see him replaced.
Surely we should have Bobo Glint manager radar.
Tin hat on but interested in our views.

Can’t call it until the season is over.. helicopter Sunday might be the turning point as far as we know!! Never underestimate us dortmund are living proof of that !!

We won’t know until it’s all over.

Who knows, maybe taking all three points on Saturday will be it. It certainly felt like a huge result.

I’m saying the winter break shambles
We were on a decent run of form and the momentum was with us and may have played better at Pitodrie and got a result.
I also think we would have turned that mob over as they were on their knees and struggling with injuries.
The break halted our momentum and let them re group

For me there hasn't been any turning points , they've been better form wise for months.

Our lead was established early in the season when they weren't finished building their new team.

The turning point was bringing forward the winter break. We would have beat them on 2 Jan as we were in great form, they had a bunch of injuries and they would not have had the Japanese diving team available.
That would have been nine points and flying.

Can’t call it until the season is over.. helicopter Sunday might be the turning point as far as we know!! Never underestimate us dortmund are living proof of that !!
Yup never been convinced.
Anyone checking his histrory at Feyerord and in China should have had alarm bells ringing.
For any Rangers manager to inherit a championship winning team 4 points clear from a poor Celtic team and be in the position we are now in the league is frankly unacceptable.
If the worse comes to pass and the beggars win the league (praying it does not happen) huge decision for the board to should back Gio and allow him to bring in his own players or bring in new manager
Personally speaking failure to win the league should see him replaced.
Surely we should have Bobo Glint manager radar.
Tin hat on but interested in our views.
No point bringing in a manager that requires time if we’re not prepared to give managers time , we gave Gerrard time , now GVB deserves the same.

No point bringing in a manager that requires time if we’re not prepared to give managers time , we gave Gerrard time , now GVB deserves the same.
As I said on another thread, the fans gave Gerrard time, because we all knew what a calamitous shitshow the team had become. To bring us from regular embarrassment to winning the league was going to take time. Gerrard, Beale etc deserve enormous credit for making us a force in Europe, and the contempt they treated the rodents with.
GvB was handed the reins, at no such point. Hence, why he'll get less time than Gerrard. And rightly so.

SPFL handing Brown and brother Clancy the opportunity to do a number on us minus the nine point lead we’d have certainly taken from a fhilth side in turmoil. That and the late Ross County equaliser feel like the most significant to me.

Last edited:
As I said on another thread, the fans gave Gerrard time, because we all knew what a calamitous shitshow the team had become. To bring us from regular embarrassment to winning the league was going to take time. Gerrard, Beale etc deserve enormous credit for making us a force in Europe, and the contempt they treated the rodents with.
GvB was handed the reins, at no such point. Hence, why he'll get less time than Gerrard. And rightly so.
I’m not saying he should get as much time as the previous management mate , but he should be given some time , he’s picked up the baton with Gerrards team .

GVB is a proven title winning manager , with all due respect Gerrard wasn’t .

Ps in Europe & vs septic , Gerrard was out of this world , European wise possibly our best ever.

Dundee Utd away x 2, Ross Country away (conceding a late equaliser) and surrendering a 2-0 lead at home to Motherwell. If we want to be Champions, we should be closing these games out and taking 3 points home each time. Difference between us and them at the moment is that they seem to be grinding these wins out and we run out of steam well before the final whistle. I'm confident enough that we are good enough to win the next 2 Old Firms, but knowing our form. We will surrender the league with a draw away at St Mirren or something like that!

Your talking about gerr

I just can't see Gerrard and beale blowing the big lead we had over them mate but hey what the %^*& do I know ha ha I can't wait to be proved wrong come end of the season

Gerrard and Beale oversaw our collapse in 2020, as well as our start to this season where we leaked goals constantly, conceding first regularly too.

This is still very much their team.

Out dropped points haven’t been due to the way the team is set up. It’s catastrophic errors that have been costing us.

Pathetic performances against Hearts and Motherwell at home when they had dropped points were huge in keeping them in the title race.

Motherwell is the big one for myself.

Not just from the perspective of the table positions afterwards but the potential psychological impact on both us and that mob.

We finish that game off with a comfortable win and then win again on Saturday and that game for them vs Livingston takes on a whole new perspective.

We’ve let them off the hook and they know it.

Winter break being moved, we'd have won old firm game and lead would have been too much to overturn.

The capitulation at Ross County. Said it a few times on here now but that's the last result that properly put me in a bad mood. Realised that day that things weren't looking good

Back