They are a better team than us

Status
Not open for further replies.
There team did tire most of them dropping with cramp but the 5 sub rule helps them the way they play , they have a better squad than us now due to our board not spending money on the team some of the Patterson money should have went back into the team .

Dropping with cramp. They were 100% at it, taking ithe sting out the game and breaking it up.

We got played.

They have a better keeper ours is the worst in the league
This was the difference today.
And the decision to keep Shagger in goals falls on the manager.

No matter how indifferent our form has been this season ( and it’s been like a roller coaster), honestly believe if McLaughlin had been No1 we would still be top of the league.

Can't argue against that, we looked weak and ineffective again against them. We should be schooling them, but they are ahead of us in every department, they're teaching us and Gio some hard lessons

Find it hard to agree they are a better team than us.
First team to ever get knocked out of 3 Euro comps in the one season and by a Norwegian team in their pre season whilst we were knocking out Dortmund.
They will win the league now, but they aren’t a better football team, no way.

I still don’t think they’re better ability-wise. They have a better mentality and a better manager. From board to manager to players we are weak and feeble.

On the park I was largely unimpressed by how they played today. They weren’t good.

I didn’t think there was anything in it today. Truth is we don’t have anyone in the squad remotely near the level of Morelos and his loss was badly felt (again). When he’s fit and raring to go he knits the whole team together and is clearly a massive goal threat in big games. Obviously today hurts and I thought we should have got a point, but don’t make it into something it’s not.
I agree with this.

They work impressively hard and are big and athletic, but they're short on quality, as their European results show.

We've a number of players that have been found wanting in big domestic games and the SPL grind and couple that we probably overrate a little (Tavernier and Jack).

This was the difference today.
And the decision to keep Shagger in goals falls on the manager.

No matter how indifferent our form has been this season ( and it’s been like a roller coaster), honestly believe if McLaughlin had been No1 we would still be top of the league.

The reason we could create chances was our goalkeeper?

Better than us?

What a lot of absolute shite.

That is the poorest sellik team I’ve seen beating us at Ibrox.
Yeah mate keep believing that , they are 6 clear & on the verge of 5 trebles in 6 yrs , they also have beat us the past 2 games with a 5-1 aggregate they are ahead of us now which should never have been aloud to happen , but you keep believing that they are pish .

It may be time to try to something different, I dont think they have better players but yes they seem to have a better team spirit at the moment. The goal keeping first half today was dire no doubt, but the overall defending was shocking.

If Goldson and Balogun are leaving then let's give Sands and Helander a try at CH in the remaining league games. Aribo should be rested and Sakala should be played as part of a front two.

Whether its a 3-5-2 or a 4-4-2 something has to change the current system is not working.

The two defences are the main difference for me …. It’s like pin ball when the ball is in our box
Today for sure!
Defense was meant to be their weakness but today they were solid especially at cross balls whereas we are suspect every time the ball is in our 6 yard box!

Kills me to say it but that's how it is

They play a more attacking type of football and have more of a threat going forward

Hopefully the board can back our manager ( whoever it may be because even though I had confidence in Gio there are huge doubts about him now ) in the summer and we can get get a good bit of quality and reclaim the title

And yes we mathematically we can win the title still ,but 6 games to go it's over and we know it .
Dont talk bollox! They are allowed to make fouls, no other team is allowed to make. They're not a better team, they are a team that has better protection from Refs who allow them carte blanche to stomp about the pitch making wild challenges without cards being shown.

Had a massive impact pal.

Foul on Balogun for the 2nd goal.
Strong penalty claims
Offsides given
Letting them away with bookings.

Not the only reason, but the officials have massively contributed to there success this year.

So the officials are the reason we've conceded more than double the amount of goals than the entirety of last season with 6 games left to play?

Is Willie Collum also in charge of our recruitment?

It's bizarre the excuses people find when we've been rubbish.

They are slightly better than us. Not much between the teams or squads. They refreshed completely in the summer and we now need to release and move on some older players and get some talent in.

Disagree 100%

If Gerrard hadn’t left and what ever the circumstances were around him leaving then today would have been an easy 3-0’win for us with the same players

Something not right

It is, we’ve failed in successive transfer windows to sign anyone capable of playing as the focal point of a front 3 which is why we are such a different team without Alfie. The point of this thread was that they are better than us, my point was they are a very average side, because they are
Nothing between the sides. Maida and McGregor had better games than Jack and Aribo. And Roo
Today for sure!
Defense was meant to be their weakness but today they were solid especially at cross balls whereas we are suspect every time the ball is in our 6 yard box!
Pretty much nailed it

So the officials are the reason we've conceded more than double the amount of goals than the entirety of last season with 6 games left to play?

Is Willie Collum also in charge of our recruitment?

It's bizarre the excuses people find when we've been rubbish.

I'm not just talking about us though, I'm talking about the luck and dodgy decisions they've had in other games.

Not on today's performance IMO!
They seem to have the players required for the Scottish game- unbeaten since?
unbeaten since they started moaning again about Refs and low and behold, opposing teams get players sent off that shouldnt be sent off and penalties aren't given for them that should be given but Celtic get penalties they shouldnt be getting!

The defences were the difference today and this season infact.

I'd say we edged it in midfield today, their Japanese in the middle was anonymous and their striker was as far out the game as Roofe was.

But we gave up 2 soft goals and they dealt with the majority of crosses and balls into their box.

Their 2 CBs were always going to have the better of Roofe in the air and we played right into their hands. Our frailties at the back have cost us and not for the first time this season.

In terms of quality we have the superior team but in effort ,fight , sense of urgency and application they are miles ahead . We have a major issue in the final third and are a detriment to ourselves with losing possession in ridiculous positions , our flaws have been exacerbated since Gio has taken over IMHO.

Going by the last two games again them they certainly look a better team than us unfortunately. Helps that you spend £20+ million on your team while we sign ‘projects’ and freebie’s right enough.

Kills me to say it but that's how it is

They play a more attacking type of football and have more of a threat going forward

Hopefully the board can back our manager ( whoever it may be because even though I had confidence in Gio there are huge doubts about him now ) in the summer and we can get get a good bit of quality and reclaim the title

And yes we mathematically we can win the title still ,but 6 games to go it's over and we know it .
They were gifted 2 goals today.
They done F all else.
We gifted them a goal to get back into the game, when they were severely rattled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back