Match Thread ** Motherwell v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday 31st - BT Sports **

Woeful first half despite it not being a penalty, lucky to get back in it with a soft penalty and goal out of nowhere. At 2-2 we go on and win if Murty makes positive changes at the right time. Once again he hesitates and we lose our momentum.

Morelos makes it hard to love him sometimes.

Pretty rank performance, the opening ten minutes of the second half apart.

Not good enough.

I said at the time we should have snatched the £11m out of the hands of the Chinese. We'll be lucky to get a million for him now

Sadly another two points just thrown away. We can complain about Murty all day long, but I am afraid the problem is all to do with the men that wear the shirts. They just aren't good enough to be winners, and at Ibrox that is a fatal flaw.

A draw is useless to us, let's be honest. Uphill battle to finish 2nd now.

Murty might become a good manager one day but we don't have the time to wait.

Too many passengers in this team with not enough fight or bottle. As much as Murty needs replacing, this team will never be good enough to win a league.

After a shocking first half we did well to get level. But a draw is no good to us. This is another poor performance. No other way to dress it up.

When you actually think he was forced to make that substitution otherwise I doubt he would have made one at all, quite amazing.

Another game thrown away by Murty. Pure and simply. His inability to make decisions and change things is shocking. He'll perhaps become a good manager one day but he simply doesn't have it just now - another raging failure by the board.

He would have left Windass on, who was offering nothing for the rest of the match had he not gotten injured. He should have been hooked at half time.

To be honest, I am getting sick of games being lost and drawn because of a manager who is shitting himself to make a decision and like Warburton, has no plan B.

I like Murty the guy and I think he's probably a decent coach but King and Co need to stand up. Apologise for fucking it up again and replace him now so the new manager is bedded in for next season.

Done well to come bck into it.
But again decision making costing us with final ball n how the f@@k he doesn’t use all his subs is beyond me Cummings shud been on soon as we levelled.

If Hibs win their 2 games in hand they'll only be a point behind us.

On current form you would honestly fancy them to beat us at Easter Road.

Could seriously end up finishing 4th.

If the rumours are true, then we urgently need to conclude the deal with the preferred candidate for new manager and we may have a chance of securing third place.

Not good enough.

The only reasons we got back into it was because Motherwell couldn't keep up their high press and our players dug deep but Murty can take no credit whatsoever.

Once again dropped points when everyone else could see that changes were desperately needed.

AWOL first half, 30 mins of dominance then back to sleep for the last 15. That's not acceptable form, but Murty did nothing to change it

Kipre done Windass you could have predicted that would happen after getting his red card rescinded.
It is embarrassing that we couldnt defend against Motherwells Al Murray look-a-like striker.

The first half was terrible second half we should've won it and today shows without doubt that the board need to get us a proper manager.

Alfredo squares to Cummings, games won. Too many wrong decisions.
It has to get to Cummings with no Motherwell player intercepting, then he has to take it and and finish it. very possible it could happen, but not a guarantee.

No way Morelos should be shooting from there, you'd like to think he's being coached on making better choices but I'm not confident that's happening

Sadly another two points just thrown away. We can complain about Murty all day long, but I am afraid the problem is all to do with the men that wear the shirts. They just aren't good enough to be winners, and at Ibrox that is a fatal flaw.

The performance in the first half was abysmal. The performance in the second half was 'merely' poor. Same players, same tactics yet they improved significantly from a very low start point. We can't absolve Murty of blame today but it's clear the players, more than any tactical decisions, were at fault today. I said at half-time we'd been out-muscled, out-fought, out-thought and out-played; the first two elements of that, as a minimum, is down to the players wearing the shirts.

That’s a point gained rather than 2 dropped. Shocking 1st half, put themselves under too much pressure there. Can we now get a manager please. Murderwell are just thugs, but we should be standing up to that and more!

Agree but would include the 'manager' in that too. Nice guy but not a winner.

It's Murtys achilles' heel and I'm fed up saying that after nearly every game.His refusal to change the team at the right moment is becoming tiresome now.Wonder if any of his assistants are telling him to change things and he doesn't listen or do they all fail to see what we can see every game too?Very worrying either way.

Final ball and decision making in the final 3rd was woeful. That decision for Morelos to shoot at the end defies belief

We could end up beating Aberdeen 4 times and still finish behind them.

The 2 centre backs together don't work, too slow and easily outmuscled.
The 2 in midfield doesn't work, we get outnumbered.
The only 2 forwards we have don't seem to be able to play together.

Although formations are important, the most important things are a good manager and good players who know how to win. We have neither.

Back