Match Thread ** Motherwell v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday 31st - BT Sports **

Murty more so than ever looks like a man who wont be at Ibrox much longer...

Has he been told he wont be getting the job FT? Performances of late would suggest so?...

We've gone from being within 3-6 points off from Celtic to now looking at 3rd or 4th. Kilmarnock,Celtic and hibernian will beat us again. One formation ,one game plan, ineffective substitutions and unfortunately a manager who has taken us as far as he can . I also question the heart and fight from many of these players some are not giving enough.

Rumours and I stress they are only rumours, as highlighted on Heart and Hand this week that conversations have taken place with FdB.
I remember DE saying something along the lines of, from his source, there being a lot of distance to cover if agreement with FDB is to be reached. Is that what we're calling a rumour these days!

People got carried away. A few weeks ago had no poet players getting into our starting 11.
We don't know how to cut teams open.We can't defend.And Murty doesn't know how to try and change things.
Bad manager,average at best players in terms of rangers standards.

Could have pushed the scum all the way this season, won 55 and stopped 10.

Instead we're scrapping for fourth and a European spot. Fukin scandalous that this board have allowed this to happen: it amounts to fuckin thievery of Season Tickets.

Scrapping for 4th??

That’s what I thought but as usual no real replay.
Certainly no kipre fan but he didn’t do Josh there. It was a tangle of limbs but he didn’t do Josh this time imho. Josh got across him and it was in the landing.
Not even a foul imho.
Mind you as I said earlier if Murty had made the change 10-15 mins earlier then it wouldn’t have happened at all

If Aberdeen win their two games in-hand, they go 3 points ahead of us.

If Hibs win their two games in-hand, they're 1 point behind us. They're in fourth.
At this stage that sounds like a description of a scrap for second much more than a scrap for fourth. FF loves its exaggeration.

At this stage that sounds like a description of a scrap for second much more than a scrap for fourth. FF loves its exaggeration.

We're scrapping not to finish fourth and to finish second.

The point is, we should never have gotten ourselves into this position.

Probably there won't be much between 2nd and 4th come the end of the season. We could easily finish in any of those 3 positions.

We're scrapping not to finish fourth and to finish second.

The point is, we should never have gotten ourselves into this position.
OK. If you put it like that I can buy it.
No argument about your second point. I don't the reason is down to player's ability or investment. It's attitude in the squad. They don't try hard enough, and they don't have the winning mentality players had in Walter's squads.

That was hard going today ffs ... again we turn up in great numbers and to witness that AGAIN was shocking .. Alves / martin were shocking Windass on the park is like playing with 10 men , no leaders on the park

What makes you think he would have reached Cummings with the pass given there were two defenders between then? Would still have had to be some pass!
Due to the acute angle, a pass to Cummings was the best bet to hit the onion bag,
in my opinion.

Just to try and find a positive today I thought Dorrans played well for a player who has been out for 5-6 months.

You can see he’s a level above the rest of the team.

Our players are young and inconsistent which is fine because they are talented and improving

However - that means we can't also have a manager who is learning

They need backed by a strong character, not afraid to make big calls and be decisive

We were dire in the first half, much improved in the second. Overall, it obviously wasn't good enough.

We should stop these attacks on Murty. We know he’s not the man to take us forward but twice he’s answered the call and for that we should be forever grateful especially after the McInnes debacle when many a man would have told the board to get stuffed and god knows what state we’d have been then. He’s out his depth but he’s shown guts to carry on. We all know he won’t be manager next season so let’s get behind him for one last go at the Filth.

You’re right he’s been put in a position by the board. But he said he wanted the job and has produced little to merit it. Also when things are glaringly obvious that a change is needed he does nothing. We all appreciate what he’s done, but he deserves the criticism.

Due to the acute angle, a pass to Cummings was the best bet to hit the onion bag,
in my opinion.

Yes would have been the right option to attempt but given the position of the defenders would have to have been one helluva cut back to reach Cummings!

Prepared to be shot down but i think given a decent run of games over the season Pena may offer more to the team in an attacking sense than Windass who drifts in and out of games and cant find any consistency.

On performances up until now the only loan player worth keeping is Murphy, the rest have had their chance and have shown they are not good enough. Martin is no better than Wilson. Goss had a few good games and faded, Cummings has shown nothing so far but I suspect should be used as a second striker. And I have deliberately not mentioned Dalcio!

I said at the time we should have snatched the £11m out of the hands of the Chinese. We'll be lucky to get a million for him now

wasn't it £8.5M and where did you get the 'lucky to get a million for him now' valuation from?

Prepared to be shot down but i think given a decent run of games over the season Pena may offer more to the team in an attacking sense than Windass who drifts in and out of games and cant find any consistency.

Never in a million years, Carlos Peña tows a trailer, he is not suited to the Scottish game.

Superb player in Mexico before he came here, but that is due to the relaxed tempo. It is far too aggressive for him here, he would never fill the role that is required for us to be a championship winning side.

1 point taken from 9 it's a fckin magician we need with that squad not a manager

I don't agree.

The problem is Windass, I have said this a dozen times.

Docherty.............. Dorrans/Goss

Huge fucking gap.

Windass.

Windass leaves us open in the middle of the park, Leaving Tav, Candeias and Murphy moving in to cover the hole. Thus opening us up on the flanks, the shape of the team becomes fractured.

Now it may well sound like I am bashing Windass, but the truth is, he is not a battler and when we play with two DM's and an attacking MF'er it fails when teams sit in.

They come at us we get in behind them.

They sit back we get punished through the middle.

As I said in an earlier post what has Cummings to do to dislodge Windass who IMO should not be in the team and we also should not be playing the same tactics ie one upfront week in and week out,the best thing Murty can do is step down with immediate effect and let Jimmy Nicholl have full control till the end of the season and then get a real manager in not unknowns that the board have been picking for the last few years if not we will be struggling to finish fourth.

As I said in an earlier post what has Cummings to do to dislodge Windass who IMO should not be in the team and we also should not be playing the same tactics ie one upfront week in and week out,the best thing Murty can do is step down with immediate effect and let Jimmy Nicholl have full control till the end of the season and then get a real manager in not unknowns that the board have been picking for the last few years if not we will be struggling to finish fourth.

I don't think Morelos and Cummings works, sadly.

Morelos had a golden patch at the start of the season and I think he has become a bit of a lone wolf up top, which he can carry, no doubt about it.

His finishing though has taken a dent and this opens the argument for Cummings to step up beside him, on paper 4-1-3-2 with Morelos and Cummings looks stunning, but I don't think Morelos is on the same wavelength as Cummings. Just my feelings on it.

Back