Kenny Shiels ex Killie boss

As a supporter from NI I love our songbook. I love the connection it gives us supporters over here to the club.

I don’t bother with NI or Windsor Park btw. Couldn’t care less about international football and the happy clappy atmosphere they create.

I don’t even think that point is up for debate. It’s correct.
excuse you, the chap who came into the Dortmund game and sat behind me (between the 5th and 81st minutes) singing about the UDR4, King Billy on a wall, Bobby Sands (he's deid, thank %^*&), gallows that people were hung on (for fighting the IRA lol?), seemed to be a scholar on all things NI troubles and the late 17th century.

He seemed especially knowledgeable especially as he must have forgotten so much due to the bottle of tonic wine in his jacket pocket.

excuse you, the chap who came into the Dortmund game and sat behind me (between the 5th and 81st minutes) singing about the UDR4, King Billy on a wall, Bobby Sands (he's deid, thank %^*&), gallows that people were hung on (for fighting the IRA lol?), seemed to be a scholar on all things NI troubles and the late 17th century.

He seemed especially knowledgeable especially as he must have forgotten so much due to the bottle of tonic wine in his jacket pocket.
Sounds like he may be related to the guy who sat behind me and sang a previously untold lesson in king James and his his rebel scum coming all the way from Bethlehem.

Makes the background to the song a whole lot more impressive.

I didn’t mind Shiels when he was in Scotland. A bit of a character and would often come out with mad and provocative comments. Rather have that then the boring nonentities who make up much of Scottish football.

The amount of mens teams that I’ve seen capitulate over the years though make this argument pretty stupid. Shiels was manager of a Morton team who lost 10-1 ffs

He said the majority of them don’t have a clue. That’s true. He didn’t say all. The vast majority of people singing about the Pope and Bobby sands and fighting the IRA were probably born in stobhill or Glasgow royal.

Either way Ulster bears or anyone else shouldn’t be indulging in songs or chants they wouldn’t now sing at Windsor park. It’s a perpetual embarrassment to our club and more damaging than anything we do on the park.
What a stupid and ill informed thing to say. Anyone I know are well versed in Irish politics and his logic is because you were born in Stobhill or Glasgow royal you know nothing.
What an ignoramus.

He's right, women are generally more emotional than men, regardless of what the mental PC brigade try and tell us.

I hate the fact at the bottom of the BBC article it says they’ve approached the N.I FA for comment
Why? Just bore off and stop pandering in case you upset a pansexual vegan with no arms.

He’s trying to instill a grittier mentality, now is this biological? Perhaps the BBC could actually take the comments head on and get us some academic quotes and some sporting insight on the matter because I’d argue against the Williams sisters having the emotional trait he says, although maybe there is something behind losing goals/points having a knock on effect to subsequent goals/points being immediately lost
Serena is extremely emotional with countless examples of her melting down, if she ends up winning she thanks Jehovah for guiding her to victory- she’s an emotional wreck a religious nut to boot
And she’s a boot

he's got the ire of Sky Sports (not even sure if we can call it Sports now) News so he'll be cancelled by the afternoon more likely

If I posted what I want to say I might get a holiday. But he is stating the mental and physical obvious!

As a supporter from NI I love our songbook. I love the connection it gives us supporters over here to the club.

I don’t bother with NI or Windsor Park btw. Couldn’t care less about international football and the happy clappy atmosphere they create.
As a supporter from NI I love to hear songs about the team and not all the other stuff. I'm sick of hearing about Bobby Sands and all that shit. We won't ever forgot about what happened in our country but it's got nothing to do with football.

Really unprofessional comment from a national team manager, trying to blame the stereotypes of an entire gender for the failings of 11 players. Clearly showing how manly he is if he’s not fronting his side of the blame first.

As a supporter from NI I love to hear songs about the team and not all the other stuff. I'm sick of hearing about Bobby Sands and all that shit. We won't ever forgot about what happened in our country but it's got nothing to do with football.
No sense getting worked up about it, it’s not going anywhere.

You should maybe tell the people around you at games or in the pubs beforehand you don’t like the songs btw. You need to get your point of view out there because honestly I never seem to bump into people with your view at the games.

What a stupid and ill informed thing to say. Anyone I know are well versed in Irish politics and his logic is because you were born in Stobhill or Glasgow royal you know nothing.
What an ignoramus.
Ignoramus? You know exactly what I’m referring to.

People who haven’t even been to Belfast or Northern Ireland singing about Bobby sands and the IRA are a total redneck. Idiots.

People who haven’t even been to Belfast or Northern Ireland singing about Bobby sands and the IRA are a total redneck. Idiots.
Do you have to go to Belfast or Nothern Ireland to hold a point of view?
What an absolute ridiculous point of view. The IRA are reptiles and Sands was a reptile and any decent minded person knows that without ever having to set foot in the country.

His performance at the pre match press conference when his phone rang whilst one if his players was being interviewed, and he continued to take the call was cringeworthy

He actually looked a bit lost

Why is Belfast spoke about on here as if it’s a separate country to NI while also being the only place in NI?

One things for sure, he’s obviously thick as shit because I’d imagine anyone with a shred of common sense would have known a comment like that would bring a shit storm their way.

Do you have to go to Belfast or Nothern Ireland to hold a point of view?
What an absolute ridiculous point of view. The IRA are reptiles and Sands was a reptile and any decent minded person knows that without ever having to set foot in the country.
So we have fans who want to keep their memory alive by singing about them every game?

No matter what excuses you come up with for grown men signing this shite at Rangers football games, it’s utterly bizarre and embarrassing behaviour.

The scumbag sands is sung about more than davie Cooper at our games. More than Struth, Wallace, henderson, Laudrup or McCoist.

Embarrassing.

He said the majority of them don’t have a clue. That’s true. He didn’t say all. The vast majority of people singing about the Pope and Bobby sands and fighting the IRA were probably born in stobhill or Glasgow royal.

Either way Ulster bears or anyone else shouldn’t be indulging in songs or chants they wouldn’t now sing at Windsor park. It’s a perpetual embarrassment to our club and more damaging than anything we do on the park.
So Ulstermen know more about the pope than people from Glasgow?

So Ulstermen know more about the pope than people from Glasgow?
No matter what they know there’s no excuse for grown human being to be singing about an irrelevant head of a section of a church at a Rangers football match

So we have fans who want to keep their memory alive by singing about them every game?

No matter what excuses you come up with for grown men signing this shite at Rangers football games, it’s utterly bizarre and embarrassing behaviour.

The scumbag sands is sung about more than davie Cooper at our games. More than Struth, Wallace, henderson, Laudrup or McCoist.

Embarrassing.
Voice your opinion at the games or in the pubs beforehand if you feel so strongly. It’s amazing how many people online have these views yet I never seem to come across any at games.

Why is Belfast spoke about on here as if it’s a separate country to NI while also being the only place in NI?
You'll rarely hear a Scottish person, especially from the older generations refer to NI as NI.

Normally its Ireland or Belfast, occasionally Ulster. No idea why to be honest but does my head in too.

Back